Thread: Newbie Maiden Post

Default Newbie Maiden Post

I must say this is a very informative and interesting forum. You have helped me select my lens and also save me a lot of time looking around (and money too, because your price guides are really helpful). Thank you.
    Although I have always owned a digital camera (since the Canon S10 was introduced), i never really got around to shooting other than in the "auto" mode i.e. point and shoot. Currently I own the 10D, F717 and the Pentax 550. Shamefully I mostly employ them in auto mode. But after following this forum for a few months I've resolved to get out of my lazy ways and start tinkering with that Dial.

Default Re: Newbie Maiden Post

Originally posted by bluz
    I must say this is a very informative and interesting forum. You have helped me select my lens and also save me a lot of time looking around (and money too, because your price guides are really helpful). Thank you.
    Although I have always owned a digital camera (since the Canon S10 was introduced), i never really got around to shooting other than in the "auto" mode i.e. point and shoot. Currently I own the 10D, F717 and the Pentax 550. Shamefully I mostly employ them in auto mode. But after following this forum for a few months I've resolved to get out of my lazy ways and start tinkering with that Dial.
    Welcome ! I owned both the 10D and F717 but I selling off my F717 soon.
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

Default still like the 717

thx for the welcome.
    can't bear to sell the 717. still use it now and then when need to shoot with one hand (the other hand holding on to my 2 year old baby). But its losing out to the 550 in terms of portability/pocketability.