Thread: newbie needs help in dust problem !!! :(

Default newbie needs help in dust problem !!! :(

Dear bro !! today I got my first camera canon 350D, it is very nice condition, but suddenly I realize a small dust in reflect glass of camera, I already checked the photo after shoot. The picture has no effect or dot. I just want to ask there like any chances I may remove it !? (So sorry if the similar topic has been post). Thanks for your reading. Cheers.

Best Regards.

Default Re: newbie needs help in dust problem !!! :(

if it is in the camera, you can try to shoot with bulb setting or very long exposure and use the blower to reach the mirror inside... worked for my 40D before!

thanks bro !! I will try it immediately !! ^^
    Last edited by silverhand; 6th August 2008 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxpmrong View Post
    if it is in the camera, you can try to shoot with bulb setting or very long exposure and use the blower to reach the mirror inside... worked for my 40D before!
    if your 350d has a "mirror lock up" function please use that.

using the above method(bulb setting) can attract more dust as the sensor gets charged up during long exposure.

350d has mirror lock up function. I use that function to blow away dust from sensor.
    Picture has no dot can be due to 1) no dust on sensor 2) large aperture used 3) the picture is dark

I thought the 350D has a sensor clean mode? You may have to set it to Tv or Av mode on the dial before you can see it in the menu item. It's the menu tab to the extreme right (setup 2), 2nd last item, according to what I see on dpreview : http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/CanonEOS350D/page11.asp

The difference between that and bulb mode is that your sensor is not "energized" - so there'll be less heat generated, battery power used, and less chance of dust being attracted to it.

By the way, I don't quite understand where you see the dust. Can you elaborate?

From what the TS said, I get the feeling he just has dust either on his mirror or inside his viewfinder. If its dust in the mirror, just switch the camera off and use a blower to pump the dust out.

If its in the mirror, I'll probably just live with it for now and hope it will go away soon. Either way, it won't affect the picture.

And never never never set camera to bulb mode and try cleaning the sensor. When the camera is on, the sensor will attract dust. Like what is already mentioned, you should use the sensor cleaning mode if really necessary.