Thread: long bridge

Default long bridge

Making use of the relatively small size of the two persons to bring out the size and length of the bridge. Fail to bring out the height of the bridge though.
    Taken at about 3.00pm under bright sun light using 80-200mm.

Do comment on composition, framing and any suggestion on how to improve this shot.

Thanks.

Default Re: long bridge

hmmmm.
    the composition here doesn't work for me.
    you said ' long bridge'.
    the two persons did manage to give a lil' feel of 'long bridge'
    but wasn't strong enough.
    if you have taken it from another angle which will lead the viewer's eyes to the end of the bridge within the photo, you have succeed.
    and a cloudless day spoils the picture
    just my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    hmmmm.
    the composition here doesn't work for me.
    you said ' long bridge'.
    the two persons did manage to give a lil' feel of 'long bridge'
    but wasn't strong enough.
    if you have taken it from another angle which will lead the viewer's eyes to the end of the bridge within the photo, you have succeed.
    and a cloudless day spoils the picture
    just my 2 cents worth.
    Thanks CahHTC for your comments. Will take note when trying to create similar effect in future.

Horizontals and verticals are both not..well, horizontal and vertical respectively. It gets distracting. The branches on both sides make for a very distracting border area too.

Quote Originally Posted by CT 3833 View Post
    Thanks CahHTC for your comments. Will take note when trying to create similar effect in future.
    haha. don create similar effect (i'm not saying you can't) just becos people critique on your photo. i believe you like this photo for some reasons right? don photograph for others, photograph for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    haha. don create similar effect (i'm not saying you can't) just becos people critique on your photo. i believe you like this photo for some reasons right? don photograph for others, photograph for yourself.
    i doubt there is anyone alive who can really just "photograph for themselves". least of all people who post up photos in public domains.

as for the photo, i like the idea, i also like the perspective. just a little bit more attention to he details, such as the framing to make the composition a little more simple.. that should do the job. a clear, cloudless sky works well here to bring out the graphic feel.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i doubt there is anyone alive who can really just "photograph for themselves". least of all people who post up photos in public domains.
    yeah? yeah... i guess so. xD

calebk,
    thanks for pointing out the flaws. Now I see the problems.

HTCahHTC,
    my intention was to demonstrate the length of the bridge by using the two persons as contrast, but somehow was unable to bring out the effect, so I post it for critique. Fankly I dont quite like the picture becuase I just find something missing.

One way is to create the depth effect of the bridge but as the bridge is quite flat, unless I take a picture from a high ground or using a tall ladder, otherwise I dont think I could acheive the effect.
    Next alternative is to use the way I did but there are so many trees around to block the view that I just find it difficult to have a clean shot. Ideally I should take the entire span of the bridge without obstruction but it is just impossible.

Thanks for your idea though.

night86mare,
    thanks for your advice as well.