Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official: New Pentax DSLR Model is Coming; Full Frame Model is Under Planning

Default Official: New Pentax DSLR Model is Coming; Full Frame Model is Under Planning

Hi, Pentaxians

Just happened to see this link in DPreview website. Do not know if his blog is confirmed or rumour. But hope this come true. We will hopefully see latest new model with full frame sensor soon.

See link: Official: New Pentax DSLR Model is Coming; Full Frame Model is Under Planning???

Default Re: Official: New Pentax DSLR Model is Coming; Full Frame Model is Under Planning

Is this the guy who spends his previous, current and next few lifetimes bashing Pentax despite his undying loyalty?

Default Re: Official: New Pentax DSLR Model is Coming; Full Frame Model is Under Planning

wah say...u post his link here...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

hahaha... RH!!!

u already knew RH's blog long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by woonsin View Post
    u already knew RH's blog long ago?
    RH... he's a HK fellow by the name of Michael Poon. Most of what he has to say caused a lot of negative reaction.

Although this particular bit of news is interesting...

hahaha...think he quite famous in the wrong way? =P

RH quoted this interview with Pentax Shanghai GM at this link:

http://dcdv.zol.com.cn/96/968674.html

The GM seems to say that Pentax is in the process of planning to develop FF SLR. Their current focus is still on APS-C. He also said that it can be confirmed that Pentax will not launch any FF SLR this year.

Chinese original text:
    Question: 目前全画幅单反相机成为了数码相机业界的又一个热门话题。尼康和索尼都推出了自己的全画幅产品。作为老牌单 反相机厂商的宾得,有没有打算进入全画幅市场呢?
    Answer: 我们也注意到了这个新动向,并也在筹划全画幅产品的研发。但是近期我们还是会专注于APS规格单反领域。可 以肯定的是,今年我们不会推出全画幅的单反产品。

Judging from the way he phrased his answer, my guess (I could be very wrong of course) is that Pentax is not going to rush into FF but would rather tread carefully to make sure there is sufficient commercial case for it before they commit.

Hi, Pentaxians

Just happened to see this link in DPreview website. Do not know if his blog is confirmed or rumour. But hope this come true. We will hopefully see latest new model with full frame sensor soon.

See link: Official: New Pentax DSLR Model is Coming; Full Frame Model is Under Planning???
    Whatever RiceHigh said about Pentax, I'd think twice or four times before I even consider it's credible He quoted the 'official' announcement from a China website, and you know what? My buddy friends were at that meeting during the interview. And there was nothing official or confirmed during that interview.

But don't worry, FF will come in two years, but the source wasn't from RH
    Last edited by fengwei; 5th August 2008 at 09:35 PM.

What ever RH wrote. I read and sua liao..

What the report was somewhat towards the stupidity of Pentax or Hoya, which I hope will not bear it's fruit..This is not the Pentax I originally know..

What had been said make me worried a bit about Pentax direction, being a Pentaxian myself.

http://flickr.com/people/nc_chia

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Whatever RiceHigh said about Pentax, I'd think twice or four times before I even consider it's credible He quoted the 'official' announcement from a China website, and you know what? My buddy friends were at that meeting during the interview. And there was nothing official or confirmed during that interview.

But don't worry, FF will come in two years, but the source wasn't from RH
    2 years so long... cannot wait
    Gallery|Baby gallery

aiyo, that guy again.

his "best praise" of pentax is that it knows that it is no good. win liao!

Good things come to those who wait...patient is virtue..

Quote Originally Posted by P3ntx View Post
    Good things come to those who wait...patient is virtue..
    i can wait, but i miss all the photo taking opportunities, so how...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

If FF comes, then my DA limiteds all no value and can't use le. >:
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    i can wait, but i miss all the photo taking opportunities, so how...
    Your APSC Pentax cam still takes great photos even before FF comes out, doesn't it

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Your APSC Pentax cam still takes great photos even before FF comes out, doesn't it
    Agree that APSC Pentax still make best photos but who know FF will make the best of the best photos. Cannot wait for another 2 years. Time now for HOYA/Pentax to move fast forward making FF asap if they want to compete with C and N. Cooler, Sony is fast progressing and catching up with C & N.

Sony is fast progressing and catching up with C & N.
    I tend to agree on that.

I've always been a C* user; I started off on PowerShot A40 and A60 as a poly kid and then moved on to the S3. When I finally decided I had to get a DSLR, my heart was originally set on the 450D/Alpha 350, but after a lot of deliberating, I ended up getting a K200D instead.

But it doesn't take someone like me in the media line to say how powerful branding is, especially at the low end of the market where all the 1000D/D60/Alpha 200/Olympus E-420/K200D reside. It was the reason why I got tons of "But of all brands, why did you choose Pentax?" remarks, and it could well be the reason why Sony (and even Olympus) will edge out Pentax on marketing might alone despite making rather lacklustre DSLRs. Pentax's brand image is sort of like Sony Ericsson when they first started out: great product, great technology, but only a few people will buy it (and no one knows why.)

I understand the recent Hoya Corp financial report wasn't too good, especially for the Pentax division. With that and the brand image they have now, they're better off just spending money on marketing and beefing up the APS line (and maybe dropping the entire Optio range.) Why are we hearing reports that Samsung is releasing a GX-20 (i.e. K20D) successor, yet Pentax isn't following suit? If it's due to lack of $$$ from Hoya, then getting into bed with Samsung altogether (urgh) might give them the marketing clout to beat off Sony/Oly.

Just my 2c worth. Please don't bash me
    Last edited by cubular; 6th August 2008 at 10:05 AM.
    tHe cUbE

It's not a surprise no one will buy Pentax mainly because they have terrible marketing. I don't want to make it a "bigger is better" circlejerk, but look at the booth size of Canon/Nikon/Olympus against Pentax, and you will realise that in Singapore nobody gives a damn. Even when I was in HK, the amount of Pentax lenses stocked in store are usually 1/10 of the number of 70-200mm F4L they stock in store, and I am comparing it to Pentax's total number of lenses. It will not be able to compete with their bigger competitor if they don't get serious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast