Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What flash should i get for a start?

Default Re: What flash should i get for a start?

Can someone give a review of 430EX II! haha i wish to hear from people who used it alr.haha thanks! i dont like to just read up abt them from google.haha

The 430EXII should be more than sufficient for your needs and budget.

Quote Originally Posted by benedetto13 View Post
    Can someone give a review of 430EX II! haha i wish to hear from people who used it alr.haha thanks! i dont like to just read up abt them from google.haha
    What would the difference be? What kind of user reviews are you looking for that www.the-digital-picture.com does not provide? As far as I know, they are the most detailed reviewers for Canon equipment (from external looks and build quality to actual performance).

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Hate to sound like a broken record..... but agree with - hammie - ...... try to get the best Flash you could afford. Ur buget is already $400..... a 580EX MkII sells for $630 in the MO selection at ClubSNAP.

Buying a 430EX would save you some money now...... but I believe you will easily 'outgrown' your flash..... then spent more $$$ to upgrade again
    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    You are not wrong there..... but you forget that the 580EX MkII is also more powerful then the 430EX. And I prefer having that extra power even if I don't use it..... then being under-powered when I need it

Btw..... If ever Canon have a more powerful Flash (sooner or later)..... I most likely would get it once the price is right.....
    yes, i agree with diver here. I thought I can save some $$ by buying the 430EX...after awhile, I upgrade to the 580EXII as I started to go into off-shoe flash n multiple flash setup...

wasted some money along the way...Go for the best so there is no need to waste money to upgrade later...

i owned a 420ex before... 2 weeks after i got 420ex... i sold it to fund it for 580ex... loss of $50... it is up to you to choose if you want more powerful flash or save the money for some other things... but you certainly won't go wrong with stronger flash in hand.. can always look around for 2nd hand stuff if you don't mind
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12