Thread: Why my photo blurr?

Default Why my photo blurr?

Hello CSer,
    I just bought Vitacon Wide angle converter 0.5x for my prosumer camera.
    After used my new toy than downloaded to my laptop than I noticed my pictures
    are blurr at right and or right side but object is still focus nicely.

Is it related to my camera focusing?

Default Re: Why my photo blurr?

Either the 0.5x wasn't attached properly or the elements inside the converter are misaligned.

Another thing to remember is that the vitacons really waren't worth more than 30 SGD. They're really really cheap quality, and will add quite a bit of distortion to the image. But if it's only on the right side, make sure the lens is attached correctly. If it is, then the lens is not aligned correctly. Not surprising considering the poor QA of the Vitcons.
    Alpha

yep..same experience..distortions..

not worth it.. cheap lens = cheap results

I found there is one feature in my camera when using wide converter (for what huh?).
    Do I need to activate it every time before taking photo? why can't I just attach this WA than take photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Boo... View Post
    I found there is one feature in my camera when using wide converter (for what huh?).
    Do I need to activate it every time before taking photo? why can't I just attach this WA than take photo?
    what feature is that?
    some digital cameras IIRC have this option that need to be turned on if you're using any adapters or sumthing....

Yah, some cameras have that huh.

I dun know exactly how to explain huh, but the manufacturers take into consideration certain optical and possibly physical parameters when using screw-in type converters, and 'optimize' settings of your camera for each type of converter (wide or tele) huh.

I tried it before on my Lumix huh, and shots where I choose the appropriate setting turned out better than without turning that setting on.

HUH!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    what feature is that?
    some digital cameras IIRC have this option that need to be turned on if you're using any adapters or sumthing....

Yap... I saw two options -- for wide and tele conversion.
    What happen if I activate it? will this options be affecting my setting when trying
    to use M-mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo... View Post
    Yap... I saw two options -- for wide and tele conversion.
    What happen if I activate it? will this options be affecting my setting when trying
    to use M-mode.
    Well, since you bought a wide converter, switch to wide lor. try it out to see if Picsstill blur.

Best brand of coooooonverters are usually from the same camera manufacturer or from Raynox. I bought my DCR6600PRO and loved the results. You pay for what you get.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Thanks bro,,,

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Well, since you bought a wide converter, switch to wide lor. try it out to see if Picsstill blur.

Best brand of coooooonverters are usually from the same camera manufacturer or from Raynox. I bought my DCR6600PRO and loved the results. You pay for what you get.