Thread: Vista doesn't love ATI!!!

Default Vista doesn't love ATI!!!

Vistaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! ARGH!@$$%

Ok... just venting out my frustrations a bit. I just got my new PC set up just recently and man did I went through a lot of trouble figuring out ATI drivers with Vista. I tried to post something at Hardwarezone but the forums there are so damn slow to load. Anyway, my setup:

Intel E8400
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3
    ATI EAH4850

Setup was smooth as a baby's butt however things started to get wobbly when I installed the ATI drivers. Couldn't start Vista, always stuck with a blank screen. Sometimes, I get the blue screen of death. Yes, I combed the net through and through. The driver hotfix doesn't seem to fix anything. My GPU is running at 70 deg C in idle. Like WTF???

Why oh why???

In case people asking why I bought the PC, my iMac had a bad screen and bad hard disk. Sent for replacement and still at the replacement after three weeks. Pfft.

Default Re: Vista doesn't love ATI!!!

vista is a PITA...

i had a stupid program just install by itself and overtook my system the other day telling my my system got virus and need to buy this subscription, it even render my background useless... kena hijacked...

then i got this blurry screen and the cleartype suck, have to install an xp program to have the sharpness back.

the programs running on xp appear alot faster that using in vista... and i got so many BSOD, i'm thinking of just removing the hdd and install a new 1...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    vista is a PITA...

i had a stupid program just install by itself and overtook my system the other day telling my my system got virus and need to buy this subscription, it even render my background useless... kena hijacked...

then i got this blurry screen and the cleartype suck, have to install an xp program to have the sharpness back.

the programs running on xp appear alot faster that using in vista... and i got so many BSOD, i'm thinking of just removing the hdd and install a new 1...
    Oh dear... that's even worse! Shouldn't have bought the Vista manz. Oh the pain...

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Setup was smooth as a baby's butt however things started to get wobbly when I installed the ATI drivers. Couldn't start Vista, always stuck with a blank screen. Sometimes, I get the blue screen of death. Yes, I combed the net through and through. The driver hotfix doesn't seem to fix anything. My GPU is running at 70 deg C in idle. Like WTF???
    gpu temp is apparently quite high for this card... its supposed to be ATi's idea of cutting down on fan noise... but what about your PSU, what are you using?...

as for Vista getting infected and going nuts... visited any dubious websites or open dubious mail ... in any case, keeping antivirus/antispyware updated, having a firewall, should be be a good policy to prevent such takeover... and was User Account Control on when the program autoinstalling?... that should have prompted you for action before an install...

vince123123
    Guests

Just stick to XP lor

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    as for Vista getting infected and going nuts... visited any dubious websites or open dubious mail
    i had the same problem with Del_CtrlnoAlt and i was browsing Creative Cow website.

go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    gpu temp is apparently quite high for this card... its supposed to be ATi's idea of cutting down on fan noise... but what about your PSU, what are you using?...

as for Vista getting infected and going nuts... visited any dubious websites or open dubious mail ... in any case, keeping antivirus/antispyware updated, having a firewall, should be be a good policy to prevent such takeover... and was User Account Control on when the program autoinstalling?... that should have prompted you for action before an install...
    I sold that damn card already. Went straight for Nvidia. No more problems.

Vista 32bit can only read 3.5GB RAM!!!! HUAAARRGGGHHH!!!!!!!

Ya. You'll need Vista64 to read > 3.5GB to 4GB of RAM. Sorry to hear about your ATI card.

The Zohan.

Its meant to run at high temps. I guess ATI's idea was to keep it at a constantly high temp to reduce the heat stress of it. Still here on XP and I though the new SP1 for vista allows it to be able to address up to 4gb?
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet