Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

  1. #1

    Red face yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

    can help it.. seems the weak ones has higher chances of backstabbing ppls..

  2. #2

    Default Re: yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

    Well almost every job has that...just a matter of luck and how you handle such colleagues/staff/clients.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

    bad management

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

    learn to be different.. stab the front :x
    chezburgr i can haz?

  5. #5

    Default Re: yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

    Haha, interesting topic. I used to work in a large organization whereby one team can split into 4 factions. Each team just pushes sh*t jobs to one another. By right they should work as one team, but ended up having 4 'section commanders'. Actually the reason for this kind of 'backstabbing' environments is usually due to lack of good programmers. Too many newbie or average programmers will slow down the project because they cannot handle higher functional module development work. When a person cannot handle a task, what do they do? They either complain or backstab. Natural reactions. Then what about the solid programmers who CAN do the work but are obviously overloaded? They leave the company lor.

  6. #6

    Default Re: yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

    Create ur own faction and stab the rest! Works the same for both big and small organizations =P

  7. #7

    Default Re: yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

    Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Haha, interesting topic. I used to work in a large organization whereby one team can split into 4 factions. Each team just pushes sh*t jobs to one another. By right they should work as one team, but ended up having 4 'section commanders'. Actually the reason for this kind of 'backstabbing' environments is usually due to lack of good programmers. Too many newbie or average programmers will slow down the project because they cannot handle higher functional module development work. When a person cannot handle a task, what do they do? They either complain or backstab. Natural reactions. Then what about the solid programmers who CAN do the work but are obviously overloaded? They leave the company lor.
    Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Haha, interesting topic. I used to work in a large organization whereby one team can split into 4 factions. Each team just pushes sh*t jobs to one another. By right they should work as one team, but ended up having 4 'section commanders'. Actually the reason for this kind of 'backstabbing' environments is usually due to lack of good programmers. Too many newbie or average programmers will slow down the project because they cannot handle higher functional module development work. When a person cannot handle a task, what do they do? They either complain or backstab. Natural reactions. Then what about the solid programmers who CAN do the work but are obviously overloaded? They leave the company lor.
    my coy is just the opposite..
    we have little work/single project and many people.. and due to the nature of the job, we finish then stay idle for months..



    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Well almost every job has that...just a matter of luck and how you handle such colleagues/staff/clients.
    actually i helped the fellow for the headstart when the proj first started.. then dunno y the big boss appears with him and get a 3rd person to take over my task liao.. maybe it's an extra assurance for my work before release ..

  8. #8

    Default Re: yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

    Quote Originally Posted by pixie View Post
    Create ur own faction and stab the rest! Works the same for both big and small organizations =P
    Yup, looks like everywhere is the same huh hehe

  9. #9

    Default Re: yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT View Post
    my coy is just the opposite..
    we have little work/single project and many people.. and due to the nature of the job, we finish then stay idle for months..



    Woah, good life leh.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

    upgrade to bomb liao, now knife not so effective

  11. #11

    Default Re: yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

    Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Haha, interesting topic. I used to work in a large organization whereby one team can split into 4 factions. Each team just pushes sh*t jobs to one another. By right they should work as one team, but ended up having 4 'section commanders'. Actually the reason for this kind of 'backstabbing' environments is usually due to lack of good programmers. Too many newbie or average programmers will slow down the project because they cannot handle higher functional module development work. When a person cannot handle a task, what do they do? They either complain or backstab. Natural reactions. Then what about the solid programmers who CAN do the work but are obviously overloaded? They leave the company lor.
    The main problem is the lack of leadership...
    Most probably the project manager is the cause.... inability to maintain cohesiveness within the team and to provide an environment so that team members could excel in their work...etc

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

    Quote Originally Posted by scanner View Post
    The main problem is the lack of leadership...
    Most probably the project manager is the cause.... inability to maintain cohesiveness within the team and to provide an environment so that team members could excel in their work...etc
    good leaders very very rare. & this problem is everywhere in small, medium & even huge companies.

    work life can be very complicated. good staff step on "landmine" oso barely survive sometimes...

  13. #13
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: yawn.. big coys full of backstabbing..

    My company is the same !

    All my colleagues work with their mouths

    Someone does the work but another (who does nothing) will shamelessly do the reporting and email everyone

    Really no shame ones.
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •