Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pentax Compact Camera

Default Pentax Compact Camera

Hi, I would like to get a compact camera for my gf's bday so we can go out together to take photos. Being a Pentax user, naturally I'll like to get a Pentax for her. Can recommend?

Default Re: Pentax Compact Camera

M40, W40, M60, W60 . . .

www.pentaximaging.com
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

not that im not supportive of pentax compacts, but personally i would go for Fuji..
    let mi myself first
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Was at Best Denki at Century Square (Tampines) with my wife today.

Shriro has a promotion on their compact cameras from 1 to 17 August.

1) Pentax Optio E40 ( $199)

8.1 megapixel, 3x optical zoom, 2.4" LCD screen
    Shake Reduction & Face recognition AF & AE, 4x digital zoom
    FREE: 4GB SD card, Mini tripod, camera case, screen protector, cleaning kit, card reader

2) Pentax Optio M40 ( $299)
    8 megapixel, 3x optical zoom, 2.5" LCD screen
    Shake Reduction
    Records High quality Divx video
    ISO 3200/15.5m flash range
    FREE: 2GB SD card, Mini tripod, camera case, screen protector, cleaning kit, card reader

3) Pentax Optio S10 ( $369)
    10 megapixel, 3x optical zoom, 2.5" LCD screen
    One of the smallest in it's class
    Shake Reduction
    Records High quality Divx video
    FREE: 2GB SD card, Mini tripod, camera case, screen protector, cleaning kit, card reader

4) Pentax Optio Z10 ( $430)
    8.1 megapixel, 7x optical zoom, 2.5" LCD screen
    Shake Reduction
    Shake Reduction & Face recognition AF & AE
    FREE: 4GB & 2GB SD card, Mini tripod, camera case, screen protector, cleaning kit, card reader

ahahaha...ya..I tink compact fuji hv some real good stuff..hahaha

At $199, the Optio E40 is pretty good value.

I agree lor. I dun think Pentax compact camera is that gd...
    Fuji is much more better...
    Pentax K-r, DA35/2.4, FA 50/1.4, DA 16-45 & DA 55-300

Buy an Optio S series, I'm sure she'd love it:

Fuji nowadays also depends if they use their own sensor liao. IMHO, Pentax compacts only worth getting are the W series.

Just remember, most girls don't really care too much about the IQ of a camera but the look of the camera Better buy her a nice looking one instead of a normal looking w/ better IQ one

Besides, Pentax compacts aren't that bad. They take good photos too. I'm sure there are a lot cameras out there which take better photos, but lookwise, none of them can beat the Optio S series, IMWO (in my wife's opinion)

Ladies tends to go for Casio or Sony or Fuji Z series. Mine has a Z5D for size reason. She had been getting good feedbacks from her friends with various other brand (including Pentax) when they see the photos taken with a Fuji.

Edit: Most ladies want slim small size camera with good colors and low noise. But they can just live with it being small and slim. lol
    Last edited by longko; 4th August 2008 at 05:56 PM.

I got a V10 in Japan which I thought wasn't that bad in good light. Slim form factor as well, what could you ask for when it's a very very good price?

Z10 looks cool but the price a bit high for a compact. i can save this $ for 16-50 f2.8 ...

Get her a Ricoh GR Digital II!!

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    I got a V10 in Japan which I thought wasn't that bad in good light. Slim form factor as well, what could you ask for when it's a very very good price?
    Hey! I have that too! Sent it for repair a few months back when the up/down button stopped working. But its a nice camera with nintendo like games built-in, a large screen and portable size. Pity it has been discontinued.

I am not familiar with any of the pentax P&S cameras though but my recommendation is to choose one with the bigger CCD (1/2.5 " ones are too small, 1/1.7 best ), lesser megapixels (6MP is max although no one manufactures this size anymore) for lower noise and high resolution video (>640x480.) . Th video cap is about the only thing that will make you choose the p&S over the DSLR. So far only panasonic seems to have a camera with the above specs. the rest, even canon, casio and nikon all have small ccds, too many pixels and VGA only record mode...
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    Hey! I have that too! Sent it for repair a few months back when the up/down button stopped working. But its a nice camera with nintendo like games built-in, a large screen and portable size. Pity it has been discontinued.
    oops....bernard, you talking about the Pentax V10, right? Because they were talking about Fuji, I mistakenly though you mean the fujifim finepix V10 instead...silly me... That's what I have...a Finepix V10...
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

But Fuji compacts/prosumers are good leh myself 1st b4 you guys hammer me
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    oops....bernard, you talking about the Pentax V10, right? Because they were talking about Fuji, I mistakenly though you mean the fujifim finepix V10 instead...silly me... That's what I have...a Finepix V10...
    The V10 I have is a Pentax. Black, slim, and 3" LCD. Menu's not too different from the current DSLR offerings from Pentax. Just a simple point and shoot (when you just don't want to lug your unnecessary load around).

Mayb u can try getting the Optio S10, it is a very gd camera. The picture quality is good and is user friendly. I got a few friends using it and they like it very much.

I tried the Pentax compact a few months ago (cannot remember the models) but the response was slow.

For compact I use Fuji F31FD. Its one of the best. I think this was one of the last one where they used Fuji's own Super CCD. My sis just bought a F100fd...Battery tends to heat up after a while. My F31fd has amazing battery life.

My son uses Canon s45...my son is 30months old.

Ultimately you have to see if your gf is the type that likes to play around with settings or point and shoot. My Sis is the really the point and shoot type so I asked her to take the Fuji. She paid about SGD450 for it.
    Last edited by Simplytimo; 5th August 2008 at 02:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast