Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: copyright infringement discussion

Default copyright infringement discussion

I have a silly question to ask, if its definitely not alright for this guy to use photographers' works as his portfolio...

My question is are we allowed to use music or songs for our photo slideshows and websites? Do you need to pay loyalty or anything?

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: Need ur attention

By right you are not supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    I have a silly question to ask, if its definitely not alright for this guy to use photographers' works as his portfolio...

My question is are we allowed to use music or songs for our photo slideshows and websites? Do you need to pay loyalty or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    By right you are not supposed to.
    Thanks vince. So is it the same case as that guy using other photographs as his works?

lol royalty, not loyalty. but you can use music/songs. If your slideshow/website is to be displayed in public or used for a commercial purpose, then you need to pay for the rights to use it first.

vince123123
    Guests

Similar, but I won't say the same. Both involve copyright infringement.

Thanks vince. So is it the same case as that guy using other photographs as his works?

vince123123
    Guests

Can you tell us the basis on which you say one can "use music/songs" so long as it is not to be displayed in public or used for a commercial purpose?

Displayed in private, basically its a case where no one's around to see or know. The provebial tree crash in the forest but no one is around to hear it, does it meant it made no sound?

As for non-commercial, I'd be very wary before saying you have free use of music/songs for non-commercial purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    lol royalty, not loyalty. but you can use music/songs. If your slideshow/website is to be displayed in public or used for a commercial purpose, then you need to pay for the rights to use it first.

sorry bro, thanks for the correction. even when i create a slideshow to display in a wedding dinner consider commercial purpose or create a slideshow to show the public also need to pay?

sorry bro, thanks for the correction. even when i create a slideshow to display in a wedding dinner consider commercial purpose or create a slideshow to show the public also need to pay?
    i got a photo slideshow taken off facebook before, cos i used one of michael buble's songs... that being said, if it's a public screening, i think u need to secure right of use from the IP owner.

The biggest question, is a wedding dinner public or private. I would say private since u have a controlled guest list. Problem here, guest list so big...
    Canon: 5DMkIII, 7D, 2470f2.8L, 50f1.8, 70200f2.8L IS II, 430EX II, 600EX
    kineticexpressions.org

Quote Originally Posted by jkaiser View Post
    The biggest question, is a wedding dinner public or private. I would say private since u have a controlled guest list. Problem here, guest list so big...
    Then how? Legal or not?

Lunch Break

Hey guys, is it possible to create a new thread to discuss about this? Maybe the mods can help shift the revelant threads to the new topic if they dun mind..

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Can you tell us the basis on which you say one can "use music/songs" so long as it is not to be displayed in public or used for a commercial purpose?

Displayed in private, basically its a case where no one's around to see or know. The provebial tree crash in the forest but no one is around to hear it, does it meant it made no sound?

As for non-commercial, I'd be very wary before saying you have free use of music/songs for non-commercial purposes.
    hmmm assuming you bought the original cd/digital copy of the song you can use it in a slideshow for your personal viewing. of course, i haven't studied copyright law so if i'm wrong, i apologise

hmm wedding dinner is abit of a grey area. i'm not sure about that one. sorry as i've mentioned, i study/work in the media/PR industry, not law or broadcast

Quote Originally Posted by drumma View Post
    Hey guys, is it possible to create a new thread to discuss about this? Maybe the mods can help shift the revelant threads to the new topic if they dun mind..
    eh sorry sorry. we OT. didn't realise it. off we go to a new thread. pai seh.

Blog Entries

Default copyright infringement discussion

posts moved from other thread

vince123123
    Guests

Well as I said, personal viewing at home, no one really cares what you do.

But commerical or non-commercial shouldn't be the factor.

hmmm assuming you bought the original cd/digital copy of the song you can use it in a slideshow for your personal viewing. of course, i haven't studied copyright law so if i'm wrong, i apologise

hmm wedding dinner is abit of a grey area. i'm not sure about that one. sorry as i've mentioned, i study/work in the media/PR industry, not law or broadcast

Default Re: copyright infringement discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    posts moved from other thread
    thanks

Then how? Legal or not?

Lunch Break
    if i had to so yes or no, i would say no, its not legal. BUT, i've never heard of anyone getting sued for it, and i'm supposed to do one for my friend's sister's wedding soon, i'm probably going to have to research this

Blog Entries

best is to use royalty free bg music

if you don't own it, it dose not belong to you

thanks

if i had to so yes or no, i would say no, its not legal. BUT, i've never heard of anyone getting sued for it, and i'm supposed to do one for my friend's sister's wedding soon, i'm probably going to have to research this
    maybe just because everyone is doing it unlike our dear friend using photographers' works and all of them after him .... sad to say this.

maybe just because everyone is doing it unlike our dear friend using photographers' works and all of them after him .... sad to say this.
    hmmm well he choose a really poor place and profession to try and rip off, given that the professional photographic community in singapore is so small and so close knit. haha.

hmmm well he choose a really poor place and profession to try and rip off, given that the professional photographic community in singapore is so small and so close knit. haha.
    well, this world is selfish. i can use yours but you can't use mine.

well, this world is selfish. i can use yours but you can't use mine.
    haha well yep, thats the world we live in. but i don't understand your second sentence. what context are you using it in?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast