Thread: Snatch

Default Snatch

...taken from the post: Inter Pri School Soccer - Nationals 08

I was using the Sigma 70-300mm lens for this and realised that it has better, sharper focus than Nikon 55-200mm. The colours came out well, with little PP needed and that I have captured his facial expression; had me feeling delighted. I was lucky that the sun was facing him - in the morning, so I kinda have his face brighten up a little. Otherwise, I would have his face in the shadows. Other shots were Okay, but this has gotto be one of my favourites.

Tell me what you think.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by cheguthamrin; 4th August 2008 at 03:28 PM.
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

Default Re: Snatch

Pretty good. Would be even better if the defender is in full-view as well.

great timing! agree with Thengz about the defender being cropped.

same comment about the cropping.
    but can elaborate on the why it is tittled "Snatch"?

Cropped defender - I thought the main focus would be on the face, and that the other person may not be necessary..?

Snatch - there's the ball, obvious that either one is snatching it from the other.

Thanks for the replies, and oh ya.. dont you think its overexposed / saturated?
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

yes, the picture seems overexposed here, simply because the kid's shirt is blown, and that can be alright, since blown highlights have their place in photography.

but here, it takes away from the picture.

i would say that saturation is alright to me. but i think this may work in blackandwhite.

i echo everyone's thoughts that the poor defender is chopped. it is not being anal about it, but chopping a person in such a way seems like a mistake, and no one likes mistakes.

the other person is a very important supporting cast, ie, snatch the ball from. person 1 is snatching the ball from person 2. or say picturing a snatch thief running away & the victim's reaction or expression at the moment. by cropping the person out, the title would no longer be so appropreiate. it takes 2 to tango.

its not about majority of like minded individuals being right by sheer numbers.
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 5th August 2008 at 01:27 AM.