Thread: Speedlight for s3pro

Default Speedlight for s3pro

HI,

My sigma flash recently konk....since it has lasted for 2yrs+ i guess it is time to get a new. I'm thinking of the Nikon SB-80DX and from the thread that i've seen in this forum, it seems quite a good flash.

However, I'm wondering, beside the sb-80dx is there any other speedlight recommendation for s3pro? my budget is $800 and below. My aim here is to do enough research that i get the right flash for my needs and not ending up buying one that falls short when i start using it. TIA

Default Re: Speedlight for s3pro

Quote Originally Posted by snappez View Post
    HI,

My sigma flash recently konk....since it has lasted for 2yrs+ i guess it is time to get a new. I'm thinking of the Nikon SB-80DX and from the thread that i've seen in this forum, it seems quite a good flash.

However, I'm wondering, beside the sb-80dx is there any other speedlight recommendation for s3pro? my budget is $800 and below. My aim here is to do enough research that i get the right flash for my needs and not ending up buying one that falls short when i start using it. TIA
    Below 800? then consider the SB-800 or the SB-900
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Below 800? then consider the SB-800 or the SB-900
    looks like $800 budget is too small then...

I'm asking for feedback. It doesn't have to be a nikon flash. as long as it works with s3 pro with full functionality even a 3rd party flash will do fine. just thought i expand my choices for evaluation. Thanks for your suggestion, appreciate it.

looks like $800 budget is too small then...

I'm asking for feedback. It doesn't have to be a nikon flash. as long as it works with s3 pro with full functionality even a 3rd party flash will do fine. just thought i expand my choices for evaluation. Thanks for your suggestion, appreciate it.
    Why too small?

the SB-800 is about $640 brand new

Nikon SB-900 - $670
    Nikon SB-800 - $570 (grey), $640

Nikon price list
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Why too small?

the SB-800 is about $640 brand new

Nikon SB-900 - $670
    Nikon SB-800 - $570 (grey), $640

Nikon price list
    Thanks bro! Btw any idea how much is the SB-80DX going for? Can't find it in the price list thread you've mentioned.

Thanks bro! Btw any idea how much is the SB-80DX going for? Can't find it in the price list thread you've mentioned.
    Not very sure, seems like not much ppl carry it these days. You can call the shops listed at the bottom of the thread to find out. Try Cathay.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Not very sure, seems like not much ppl carry it these days. You can call the shops listed at the bottom of the thread to find out. Try Cathay.
    Thanks again bro. Just read the review for SB-900 seems quite a good flash too. it has been compared to SB-800 which a friend of mine has and he swears by it. At least now I have a list of flash to consider and evaluate. Have to act fast though.. my friends wedding coming up in sept and i'm the official photographer. I'm going to be in deep trouble relying on the camera onboard flash...

Thanks again bro. Just read the review for SB-900 seems quite a good flash too. it has been compared to SB-800 which a friend of mine has and he swears by it. At least now I have a list of flash to consider and evaluate. Have to act fast though.. my friends wedding coming up in sept and i'm the official photographer. I'm going to be in deep trouble relying on the camera onboard flash...
    You better get one fast and get used to it...

You can't learn on the spot on that day.... trust me on this..
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site