Thread: Eiffel Tower at Sunset

Default Eiffel Tower at Sunset

Another pic I took with my Coolpix PNS. This shot was taken from the deck of a sightseeing boat. Comments on composition and exposure would be appreciated.
    Last edited by kenfong; 4th August 2008 at 09:34 AM.

Default Re: Eiffel Tower at Sunset

i like the color tone created by the sunset.
    But i feel the photo is abit dark at the top which makes the tower cant stand out.
    the construction crane behind should be cropped away or you can change the angle.

my 2 cents =)

Quote Originally Posted by mrc0w View Post
    i like the color tone created by the sunset.
    But i feel the photo is abit dark at the top which makes the tower cant stand out.
    the construction crane behind should be cropped away or you can change the angle.

my 2 cents =)
    Thanks for the comments. Difficulty was that I was shooting from a moving boat, so difficult to choose angles. I did not crop out the tower crane 'cos I wanted the orange sunset to be seen. Can Photoshop remove it? I'm new to the software so would appreciate if can let me know how it can be removed.

ya u can use photoshop clone stamp

beautiful...!
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

higher abit the contrast, I believe the tower will be much more outstanding !
    just my 2 cents
    Sunnysan Photography
    Perfect coverage with EOS5D+24-70L 2.8 & EOS30D+10-22

Very beautiful sihouette! Am a great fan of sihouettes!!

Try to clone away the construction site and increase the highlights, might work, worth to give it a try.

Beautiful!

Very nice! Must be a memorable trip.

It feels like the tower is leaning just a bit to the right to me, very slight. And I agree with the other comments - top too dark, construction crane should preferably be cloned out.

i agree that the photo would be much better if the sky is brighter. like if the photo is taken with the background of the sky with the sun?

but considering that you are on a moving boat. NICE PHOTO!

slightly underexposed

about half a stop more will be good, you keep the deepness and saturation of the colors , and they will be less murky

Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    beautiful...!
    Hi, please do check up on Critique Corner guidelines on posting critique. One word replies are usually not very useful to the photographer in telling him/her what he/she did right or wrong.

How useful CC is to both the poster of the photograph, and other photographers reading, depends very much on the responsibility of someone's critique.

------

TS, I quite like the mood your photo has set. However, like most have said, it is just a little too dark. Giving it about half a stop more of exposure will help, like night86mare said. You still retain the colours of the sunset, but the shadows will not be so overwhelming.

Also, notice the little spots of light near the bottom of the frame (street lamps?)? I felt you could do without them. You can't see what the source of light is, so it doesn't quite add to the photo; it's just a handful of spots, and it looks rather distracting.