Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11263134353637384146 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (26!)

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB- You'll Never Walk Alone! (26!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    they got $$ to burn
    oil money. how apt!

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    oil money. how apt!
    loaded owner.

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

loaded owner.

until the deal is complete, we only can continue to kpkb at roberto laff@us benetiz
    everyday go window shopping to see who wans to join us, hoping to sow discord in other teams....

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    until the deal is complete, we only can continue to kpkb at roberto laff@us benetiz
    everyday go window shopping to see who wans to join us, hoping to sow discord in other teams....
    sounds so sad!!!

i thought post kopitiam can already.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    i thought post kopitiam can already.

BENITEZ REFUSES TO ABANDON BARRY

Defiant Rafael Benitez has declared himself "completely calm" as he approaches Liverpool's crucial Champions League qualifier against Standard Liege.

But as Liverpool prepare to face the Belgian champions in the first leg of their third qualifying round tie, this could well be the calm before another Anfield storm.

Benitez is still privately furious that the club's American owners have all-but vetoed his 18million move for Gareth Barry.

When Benitez returns home from this match, and before the Barclays Premier League starts for his team on Saturday at Sunderland, Benitez will try again to resurrect the Barry deal.

By then Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill could have cup-tied Barry in Europe by playing him in the UEFA Cup against FH Hafnarfjardar from Iceland.

That should finish the deal for good, but Benitez is a stubborn man and anything is still possible.

Benitez refused to be drawn on the situation, or a host of possible deals he could be doing in the next fortnight before the transfer window shuts.

Asked whether he had made any contact with owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to discuss the current crisis, Benitez would only say: "I am not thinking about signing players at the moment, because they cannot play against Liege tomorrow. I am only concentrating on this game.

"And I have not needed to contact the owners because they cannot help with the preparation for this match. I prefer not to say anything else."

His mood was remarkably serene considering the embarrassment of how the owners put the block on the Barry deal, and he said: "I was really calm last week, and I am concentrating on the game. We did not have big problems.

"I have not been distracted, I have been focusing on this game and getting to the Champions League group stages."

The bottom line is that if you are going to launch a war with your bosses again, you have to win in Europe.

Liverpool's financial position is worrying, and they need a run in the group stages desperately to bring in the guaranteed millions which the Champions League affords its clubs.

Benitez, aware of the financial implications for Rangers following their Champions League exit to FBK Kaunas last week, said: "I always have confidence in my players, but when you play against anyone in Europe you have to be very careful.

"We know Standard are a good team, especially at home.

"It is not just English clubs that should worry about making mistakes against smaller teams. Every club must be aware of the quality of your opponents.

"You must be really focused for every game, you cannot change things once you have made a mistake.

"My aim is to win here to make sure we progress. Since I have been at Liverpool we have always known how important it is to qualify for the group stages.

"We always have known. And we must make sure that we do qualify for the next stage.

"There is no more pressure than in previous seasons, we all know how important it is to get past this qualifying round.

"Everyone knows how important the Champions League is for us, we must play well.

"I am not thinking about signing players at the moment, because they cannot play against Liege tomorrow. I am only concentrating on this game."

Benitez has now been linked with Chelsea's Joe Cole plus young Polish right wing-back Jakub Blaszczykowski who plays for Borussia Dortmund.

He is clearly about to sell Steve Finnan after what is believed to have been a falling-out between the pair over claims that the Irishman has been offered to other clubs.

Finnan is not with the squad, but Xabi Alonso is in Belgium and despite suggestions he could still be sold - along with Andriy Voronin and Jermaine Pennant - Benitez confirmed he is prepared to cup-tie the Spaniard in Europe here.

The same would seemingly apply to Voronin and Pennant, both with the party.

Rafa hopeful Gerrard will be fit to face Liege

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez believes his skipper Steven Gerrard has a good chance of being fit for tomorrow's Champions League third qualifying round, first leg away to Belgian champions Standard Liege.

Gerrard trained with the squad tonight at Liege's stadium, and a decision on the England midfielder's recovery from a thigh injury will be made closer to kick-off.

But Benitez has travelled to Belgium without Irish full-back Steve Finnan, who is believed to have had a disagreement with the Anfield boss over attempts to sell him.

However, Benitez claims Finnan is not fully fit after an injury and operation in the summer.

He also confirmed that midfielder Xabi Alonso will play, even if it means the Spaniard will then be cup-tied in the competition and worth a lot less than the fee Liverpool may want for him.

BENITEZ HAILS REDS STRIKERS

Rafael Benitez reckons he has a strikeforce as good as anything in Europe as he prepares Liverpool for their Champions League qualifier.

Spanish star Fernando Torres and new recruit Robbie Keane are expected to be sent out against Belgian champions Standard Liege to shoot Liverpool into the group stages.

This third qualifying round, first leg, should not be too demanding for Liverpool, who have never lost an away leg at this stage of the competition.

And Benitez is banking on Torres and Keane for the goals.

He said: "Keane and Torres are clever players, they scored plenty of goals last season and when they have played a lot more games together for us, they will score here too.

"These two strikers are top class, and they can be at the level of anyone in this competition. They will get better and better.

"They will need time. It has been a difficult summer with players arriving for training at different stages, but I have no worries about them in the future."

But Benitez warns against complacency against Liege, saying: "Liege are in good form, they beat Anderlecht last weekend in the Belgian super cup, and last season in their league they barely lost a game and went over 30 without defeat at one stage.

"They did not concede many goals, they have a strong defence and a quick attack. We must concentrate."

Benitez will put aside the turmoil of yet another week of internal crisis at Liverpool, with his move for Gareth Barry all but vetoed by the club's American owners.

Asked whether he had made any contact with owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to discuss the current crisis, Benitez would only say: "I am not thinking about signing players at the moment, because they cannot play against Liege. I am only concentrating on this game.

"And I have not needed to contact the owners because they cannot help with the preperation for this match. I prefer not to say anything else.

"I was really calm last week, and I am concentrating on the game. We did not have big problems.

"I have not been distracted, I have been focusing on this game and getting to the Champions League group stages."

Benitez, aware of the financial disaster that has overwhelmed Rangers following their Champions League exit to Kaunus last week, said: "I always have confidence in my players, but when you play against anyone in Europe you have to be very careful. We know Standard are a good team, especially at home."

Skipper Steven Gerrard trained last night with the squad and is expected to play after recovering from a thigh strain.

SO, WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO TELL US ABOUT THIS CHAP?

The Gossip Column can hold court on a number of subjects. The life and career of Toto Schillaci, or mid-nineties indie-pop, to give just two examples.

However, one area on which we're not experts is Polish football, which explains why we've never heard of Borussia Dortmund winger Jakub Blaszczykowski.

However, The Times has, and if they're to be trusted then so has Rafa Benitez, for the report in the paper of record is that Liverpool want to sign the Pole for 8million, but have been told 'No dice' by Dortmund.

Blaszczykowski is apparently wanted to replace Yossi Benayoun, who is being admired from afar by AS Roma.

tongue twister

BAD NEWS: Kuyt reassured over future at Liverpool

Liverpool striker Dirk Kuyt claims he has been reassured by Reds manager Rafael Benitez that he still has a future at the club.

The Dutchman found himself playing for much of last season on the right side of midfield, as Benitez opted to play just Fernando Torres up front.

Robbie Keane's arrival from Tottenham means the 28-year-old is unlikely to be a regular starter in his favoured position even if the Spaniard reverts back to a two-man strikeforce this season.

Kuyt, who scored three goals in 32 appearances for the Anfield club last term, was recently linked with a move to German side Hamburg, but he remains desperate to stay on Merseyside.

And he insists Benitez is happy to grant him his wish.

'I'm really happy at Liverpool and I want to stay here for as long as the club wants me,' Kuyt said.

'I am really settled here and I like the city. The most important thing is I like the club and I've really enjoyed the two seasons I've been here.

'The only thing I am missing is some trophies and hopefully that will come in the next year.

'I've never had any intentions of leaving this club. Sometimes things are said in the press but the boss said to me that is not relevant and he wants me here with Liverpool.'

BAD NEWS: Kuyt reassured over future at Liverpool

Liverpool striker Dirk Kuyt claims he has been reassured by Reds manager Rafael Benitez that he still has a future at the club.

The Dutchman found himself playing for much of last season on the right side of midfield, as Benitez opted to play just Fernando Torres up front.

Robbie Keane's arrival from Tottenham means the 28-year-old is unlikely to be a regular starter in his favoured position even if the Spaniard reverts back to a two-man strikeforce this season.

Kuyt, who scored three goals in 32 appearances for the Anfield club last term, was recently linked with a move to German side Hamburg, but he remains desperate to stay on Merseyside.

And he insists Benitez is happy to grant him his wish.

'I'm really happy at Liverpool and I want to stay here for as long as the club wants me,' Kuyt said.

'I am really settled here and I like the city. The most important thing is I like the club and I've really enjoyed the two seasons I've been here.

'The only thing I am missing is some trophies and hopefully that will come in the next year.

'I've never had any intentions of leaving this club. Sometimes things are said in the press but the boss said to me that is not relevant and he wants me here with Liverpool.'
    More kite flying down the wing i think all thanks to his performance in Euro!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    More kite flying down the wing i think all thanks to his performance in Euro!
    world class winger.

Standard Liege v Liverpool: Preview

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez believes skipper Steven Gerrard has a good chance of being fit for the Champions League third qualifying round, first leg at Belgian champions Standard Liege.

Gerrard trained with the squad on Tuesday night at Liege's stadium and a decision on the England midfielder's recovery from a thigh injury will be made closer to kick-off.

But Benitez has travelled to Belgium without Irish full-back Steve Finnan, who is believed to have had a disagreement with the Anfield boss over attempts to sell him.

However, Benitez claims Finnan is not fully fit after an injury and operation in the summer.

He also confirmed midfielder Xabi Alonso will play, even if it means the Spaniard will then be cup-tied in the competition and worth a lot less than the fee Liverpool may want for him.

Benitez has declared himself "completely calm'' as he approaches the crucial qualifier.

He is still privately furious the club's American owners have all-but vetoed his 18million move for Gareth Barry.

When Benitez returns home from this match, and before the Barclays Premier League starts for his team on Saturday at Sunderland, he will try again to resurrect the Barry deal.

By then Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill could have cup-tied Barry in Europe by playing him in the UEFA Cup against FH Hafnarfjardar from Iceland.

That should finish the deal for good but Benitez is a stubborn man and anything is still possible.

Benitez has refused to be drawn on the situation, or a host of possible deals he could be doing in the next fortnight before the transfer window shuts.

Asked whether he had made any contact with owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to discuss the current crisis, Benitez would only say: "I am not thinking about signing players at the moment because they cannot play against Liege. I am only concentrating on this game.

"I have not needed to contact the owners because they cannot help with the preparation for this match. I prefer not to say anything else.''

His mood was remarkably serene considering the embarrassment of how the owners put the block on the Barry deal and he said: "I was really calm last week and I am concentrating on the game. We did not have big problems.

"I have not been distracted, I have been focusing on this game and getting to the Champions League group stages.''

The bottom line is that if you are going to launch a war with your bosses again, you have to win in Europe.

Liverpool's financial position is worrying and they need a run in the group stages desperately to bring in the guaranteed millions which the Champions League affords its clubs.

Benitez, aware of the financial implications for Rangers following their Champions League exit to FBK Kaunas last week, said: "I always have confidence in my players but when you play against anyone in Europe you have to be very careful.

"We know Standard are a good team, especially at home.

"It is not just English clubs that should worry about making mistakes against smaller teams. Every club must be aware of the quality of your opponents.

"You must be really focused for every game, you cannot change things once you have made a mistake.

"My aim is to win here to make sure we progress. Since I have been at Liverpool we have always known how important it is to qualify for the group stages.

"We always have known. And we must make sure that we do qualify for the next stage.

"There is no more pressure than in previous seasons, we all know how important it is to get past this qualifying round.

"Everyone knows how important the Champions League is for us, we must play well.''

midnight tonight?!?!?!

midnight tonight?!?!?!

got live telecast boh?

got live telecast boh?
    zai, sure have one

match kickoff at 3am later

3am??????

think i go koonz liao.