Thread: Could you recommend a Renovation Contractor?

Default Could you recommend a Renovation Contractor?

Hi, could you recommend a reliable contractor for me? I want to renovate my wash room and kitchen, but I have no reference. I know there're quite a lot warm hearted people in this forum. Thank you for your visit.

Default Re: Could you recommend a Renovation Contractor?

such a compliment but wad if recommend liao & things not pretty as it should.

from my personal experience engaging work from them, its mostly a hit or miss thing. not likely to engage directly with the skilled 'masters' of the trade without lobang. & some have strict code of conduct regarding direct hires.

other things like selecting materials, including color co-ordination & layout of bathroom items (avoid moving fixed items that need drilling) also should not be neglected. then maybe there's the layout of piping works & electrical points. ideally certain items like sinks, basin, faucets, WC, various bathroom accessories, mirrors & all i din mentioned be bought elsewhere where are choices aplenty. assuming you have a fair idea wads reasonable quality & good price.

here communication with constant update on work progress & good rapport with the main man (i forgot the layman's term). this will minimise time wastage needed to redo things & cause work delay.

ok, i dun have any to recommend...
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 3rd August 2008 at 11:27 PM.

I do appreciate your reply, which taught me quite a lot points I shall take care.

I found Courts offers Kitchen renovation service, anybody tried that before?

Get your floor plan ready from HDB. Visit your nearby contractor shops for quotation. You can request to visit their current progress renovation for workmanship.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

http://www.sohoarc.com/

Try this. If you like them, I can contact (Loorbang) them for you.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

on a finer note, if washing machine or bidet spray tend to leak due to constant water pressure, get a good quality angle valve. so can turn off when not in use.

its indentified by a polished all stainless steel exterior. the advantage is a very smooth ceramic operating mechanism internally. i have used them for years without them jamming, & continued to used them after shifting to new home. it'll cost about $13 apiece at most DIY stores, cheapest i got is $10.

Thank you for all the suggestions from you guys. Maybe an interior designer is overkill for my renovation plan. But all the suggestions from you guys give me a lot of useful information.