Thread: Limitation of LCD?

SouL81
    Guests

Default Limitation of LCD?

Hi guys ask u all ah.... do anyone here find any difficuties in finding out if a object is well focus... n have the rite degreee og DOF when u try to take a pic throught the LCD?.. i find it hard to c the change in depth of field through the LCD ... any suggestions in how to overcome this? ... looking throught the view finder is out of question(but i do find tat looking throught the view through the view finder is definitely clearer) cose my is jus a procomsumer digi cam ... not a DSLR or SLR

you using AF is it??.. it will usually fails if your subject and background is not contrasting enough... if thats the case... use MF instead

i use MF .. it is not the focusing problem... i got a difficulty looking out 4 changes in the change in depth of field.. i cant realli differentiate why areas r in focus .. n which areas r not in the icd .... due to the pixelations....

Time to buy a DSLR guys

Originally posted by LostSheep
    i use MF .. it is not the focusing problem... i got a difficulty looking out 4 changes in the change in depth of field.. i cant realli differentiate why areas r in focus .. n which areas r not in the icd .... due to the pixelations....
    You're right. With the pixelation of the LCD and the great DOF of a prosumer digicam, it's very hard to get spot-on MF using the LCD. It's better to trust the camera's AF to do the job.

The Canon G3 has this nifty little feature called "MF point zoom", that zooms in on the centre of your frame so that you can better tell if the subject you want to be in focus is indeed so. Looks almost like a rangefinder window, but of course works differently.

hmm think i invest on the wrong camera laio.. shld get film .... since u can realli c then how r u going to take the pic.. even if u can get the pic u wan.. think it would be trial n error ... this = no satisfaction i guess : )