Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desktop Speakers

Talking Desktop Speakers

Hi guys,

I combed the net but the answers I get does not seem too convincing. I am currently looking for a 'good' set of desktop speakers. When I say good, I am not referring to the mega hi-fi set but within a budget of S$100~150. I am looking for something not too big because of space constraints.

I have been eyeing on the Dell monitor speakers that fits onto my LCD nicely but I don't think Singapore keeps stock on them. If you guys have any good recommendation, please let me know. Thanks!

Default Re: Desktop Speakers

give those Dell speakers amiss my "neighbour". Sound quality are so-so. If you really wan to use those, I rather you go get a good set of headphone instead. Anyway, for a good set of speaker which i presume would be connected to your PC, Creative do have a few good ones. The Creative T20 is not such a bad choice. I think it shld be within your budget. I would go for the T40 if budget allow. The Logitech Z10 is another one I might get if I dun have already have a set of speakers lying ard.

Well go down to Challenger to test out some of the set on display and let your ears decide

i know u stated a budget, but nothing beats the bose companion series for me.. heheheeeeeeee

companion 3 i'm using.. $400.

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    i know u stated a budget, but nothing beats the bose companion series for me.. heheheeeeeeee

companion 3 i'm using.. $400.
    hey Bro.... that one good lah but hor....... it way way out of the budget....

try it out at funan challenger? some prefer heavier bass some not... etc

Wah...jialat man... 400 bucks... Didn't know you so hardcore man, joho.

Bluestrike:: Neighbour?? Can I drop by? LOL! Thank you for the heads up about the Dell speakers. I am glad I didn't hit the purchase button.

Thanks for the recommendation guys. I'll drop by Funan tomorrow. I need to clear the earwax as well.

I kinda miss my all in one iMac now but that is another story for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post

Bluestrike:: Neighbour?? Can I drop by? LOL! Thank you for the heads up about the Dell speakers. I am glad I didn't hit the purchase button.

Thanks for the recommendation guys. I'll drop by Funan tomorrow. I need to clear the earwax as well.

ya 400 bux.. of course i had a much lower budget but that's the story of my life, always over budget!!!

i figured... i spend 12 hours a day almost in front of computer... 400 bux divide by the hours.. is PITTANCE..

ahah good way to justify, if a little wilful. good luck finding suitable ones for urself, i'm sure u can get something very decent for that budget just insist on listening and testing the ones u are interested in.

i think a couple of shops in simlim have tonnes of speakers on display and can listen.

if still can be found these were decent enough. & should be about $100 price-wise.

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...eatureid=12364

if it can be found.
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 3rd August 2008 at 12:06 AM.

The best PC speakers I own is the klipsch Promedia 2.1. Solid bass and sound is clear. Worth every penny but now I think no more liao. Can try the showroom at Adelphi.

how about soundstick II, review is quite well on a few web, but cost about 200+

Klispch ProMedia Ultra 2.0 (Budget)

or

Klispch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 (Intermediate)

or

Klispch RSX-4 or RSX-5 and you will not need to change speakers for a very long time. (High end)
    Last edited by Godzilla Invades; 3rd August 2008 at 01:04 AM.

Just a small suggestion: Bring along a high quality CD you're familiar with and have heard over a good sound system. Set the whatever player's settings all to neutral and then judge. If the equalizer etc are all tweaked/boosted, you won't really be listening to the capabilities of the speaker per se. Yeah, I know, it's hardly far from ideal and not your single-speaker single room audiophile demo set-up, but better than nothing.

I use the Altec Lansing but can't seem to find the model on the Altec Lansing website anymore. Quite good
    Come visit my Flickr :)

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Klispch ProMedia Ultra 2.0 (Budget)

or

Klispch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 (Intermediate)

or

Klispch RSX-4 or RSX-5 and you will not need to change speakers for a very long time. (High end)
    Sounds so familiar, buying a good quality lens will last very long time, and you get to enjoy the quality the moment you get it...

Aego M - http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/Pro...ies/Aego_M.asp

One of the bestest out there! It's pretty ex though, about $400++ but I'll choose this anyday over a bose.
    Last edited by Splutter; 3rd August 2008 at 03:31 AM.
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

Smile Re: Desktop Speakers

Hi guys,

I combed the net but the answers I get does not seem too convincing. I am currently looking for a 'good' set of desktop speakers. When I say good, I am not referring to the mega hi-fi set but within a budget of S$100~150. I am looking for something not too big because of space constraints.

I have been eyeing on the Dell monitor speakers that fits onto my LCD nicely but I don't think Singapore keeps stock on them. If you guys have any good recommendation, please let me know. Thanks!
    Altech Liasing ATP3
    $60-$70 cheap n good
    Canon EOS 20D|EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS|EF 17-40mm f/4L|EF 85mmII f1.2L|EF 50mm f/1.8 II|580EX

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter View Post
    Aego M - http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/Pro...ies/Aego_M.asp

One of the bestest out there! It's pretty ex though, about $400++ but I'll choose this anyday over a bose.
    If I'm not wrong, Aego M has dropped price to about $220 at City Electronic at SLS. It used to sell around $360. Quite a good bargain now.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Glad I checked this thread before going. Thanks for the info guys! Really appreciate it. Now lots of area to cover and things to hear. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    If I'm not wrong, Aego M has dropped price to about $220 at City Electronic at SLS. It used to sell around $360. Quite a good bargain now.
    Wow that's a really damn good price then! hazmee you should test this pair out, sure to knock your socks off
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

Within 100-150 a 2nd hand Klipsch promedia 2.0 will fit the bill since its by far the best, smalll yet clear and powerful (if u scratch bose off). These one fine designer speakers, I can sell it to u. I upgraded to RsX4 since I don't have neighbour for miles. Too bad midiland has been scrapped, the're really good/affordable too, crystal clear airs trebles, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast