Thread: Dropped Camera

Default Dropped Camera

A friend of mine dropped his Nikon D200 w/ a Nikkor AF-D 50mm f/1.8 attached. Everything looks intact and the pictures still look as they did before. Is there anyway to check that everything is actually still okay?

Default Re: Dropped Camera

Quote Originally Posted by boombaye View Post
    A friend of mine dropped his Nikon D200 w/ a Nikkor AF-D 50mm f/1.8 attached. Everything looks intact and the pictures still look as they did before. Is there anyway to check that everything is actually still okay?
    i know this may sound stupid but the best way i think is to try every key and function on the camera and lens if u wanna know if everthing is ok. if it works like b4, then i should be fine.
    cameras are not made of tofu

Quote Originally Posted by boombaye View Post
    Yes. By use is the best way to test a camera.

I have also dropped my E-3 + 14-54, it fell out from my open backpack when I lifted it and swang over my shoulder. The camera flew in a parabolic way and hit the floor with the lens facing down. The hood flew off and continued for about 5 meters more. My heart stopped, I grabbed the camera, turned on and shot a few shots, zoomed in-out and concluded nothing was broken, put the hood back. This was about three weeks ago. Camera and lens still working well.

If you money to burn, then send it to NSC for service and maintanence.

If everything feels fine, then your friend should be happy and keep shooting. Until the problem surfaces.
    The best things in life are free.