Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Need ur attention

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: Need ur attention

Aiya very easy mah, just look at Sections 31 to 34 to see what constitutes infringement and see if there's any mention of commercial use. Then look at Sections 35 to 43A and see if any of the defences relate to non-commercial use.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Aiya very easy mah, just look at Sections 31 to 34 to see what constitutes infringement and see if there's any mention of commercial use. Then look at Sections 35 to 43A and see if any of the defences relate to non-commercial use.
    haha aiya since you know then you never tell me earlier, make me chu chou first. thanks though

vince123123
    Guests

Aiya I was trying so hard to tell you mah earlier.

AFAIK, vince123123 is correct here. I just recently finished work on a book to be commercially published, and was looking through the documents wrt copyright on the sources of information I used. In most cases, whether your work is intended to generate income or not is moot. In fact, this is especially even more true if the source has made its rights of use very clear (e.g. "No part of this (X) may be ... etc...").

Of course whether the author of the source wishes to sue your pants off is a different story.

Well, my view is that whether you use copyrighted works (without a license) to generate income or not, it is still infringement.

Aiya I was trying so hard to tell you mah earlier.
    must be direct, cannot beat around the bush i abit thick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    I am not sure why it is considered OT. I think both issues are the same under the copyright or theft; former image, latter music. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

However, why are we so merciless towards this guy? He could have done wrong, maybe naively or desperate for portfolio (which he needs to show his first client) or trying to impress some girls (which long ago happened before). Instead of going hard on him, why not giving him a second chance.

Like what Joho mentioned, We are human first then photographer. Human has feelings, so do animals (I think) and I would like to add; what differential animals from human is not just feeling but we have the ability to think and reasons.

He may be alittle stupid but why drive him to an end or no end. As a senior photographer or association, instead of slamming him, educate him. Photographers should take care of each other instead of slamming each other. Anyone can go wrong even the best in the world, its only matter of time.

As we all know he has a wedding coming, imagine he doesn't turn up, who will suffer in the end, I think the couple unless they can find a replacement.

I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

Special Note to ritexposure: My friend, you had done something really stupid, don't be afraid, no one can eat you up. Why not you apologise to the photographers whom photographs you had taken. I believe they will forgive you and if you really keen in doing wedding, WPAS is holding a gathering and I believe they will welcome you and willing to guide you....

All the best to you.
    Nobody will want to harm him, nobody wanna go to court.
    It's abt sincerity in knowledge of mistake. He did not.

Infact, if he shows sincerity in apologizing, i will arrange a meet up between him and those affected. If he is man enough to show up infront of those affected, most issues can be solved, no more sleepless nite as well.

The best effective way of solving problems will be face it, good or bad, face it, u will feel better once solved, no more hiding one corner and hopes that things will go away by itself. Unfortunately, this case, it will not go away.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

I have spend some time discussing this with a 5 year old, and with people who know my photograhic passion. To steal someone's photo work feels like robbery.. something like that. Being violated with no justifiable reason. The 5 year old said first must forgive and then take action if it happens again The problem is if you just forgive, you effectively giving the right for someone to do something wrong 1st time around and get away with it. Lets see:
    1. Steal your camera. First time round, never mind we forgive you.
    2. Punch you. First time round, never mind we forgive you.
    3. Slap you. First time round, never mind we forgive you.

.. You get the picture. Not very good..

Having said that, I know in my life I have many a times benefitted from people around me who forgave me when I did something wrong (kind souls). So, even if those photos "stolen" were mine I wouldn't want to drag an 18yr old's future down the drain because of a mistake. I much rather have him remember me as the guy who forgave him and explained to him blah blah.

If (and I am not affected by his/her actions, thus it is not for me to decide, just for me express my opinion on a very important and hotly debated subject), you just ignore what happen then you open the door for anyone to take others photos since nothing will happen....

Quite an issue... I hope that the above create a humane prespective of the problem and of its serious implications. A decision is for each one to make when the same thing happens to us!

-- Marios

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    I have spend some time discussing this with a 5 year old, and with people who know my photograhic passion. To steal someone's photo work feels like robbery.. something like that. Being violated with no justifiable reason. The 5 year old said first must forgive and then take action if it happens again The problem is if you just forgive, you effectively giving the right for someone to do something wrong 1st time around and get away with it. Lets see:
    1. Steal your camera. First time round, never mind we forgive you.
    2. Punch you. First time round, never mind we forgive you.
    3. Slap you. First time round, never mind we forgive you.

.. You get the picture. Not very good..

Having said that, I know in my life I have many a times benefitted from people around me who forgave me when I did something wrong (kind souls). So, even if those photos "stolen" were mine I wouldn't want to drag an 18yr old's future down the drain because of a mistake. I much rather have him remember me as the guy who forgave him and explained to him blah blah.

If (and I am not affected by his/her actions, thus it is not for me to decide, just for me express my opinion on a very important and hotly debated subject), you just ignore what happen then you open the door for anyone to take others photos since nothing will happen....

Quite an issue... I hope that the above create a humane prespective of the problem and of its serious implications. A decision is for each one to make when the same thing happens to us!

-- Marios
    dun think the offender is an 18yr old, no.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Just an update, waiting for the joeritexposure reply.

He just PM me and he express his apologise and wanna meet up with those affected. I have replied i want him to double confirm his words.

If he does wanna meet, i will arrange the date and time for all.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Dear all,
    I have read all the posts n replies and I feel the anger n hatred generated due to my stupid actions.I admit that I stole the images from the professional photographers here and I am deeply ashamed for my actions.And instead of making things better,I gave a wrong IC number.I did that because I was scared.I have offended a lot of people and I know that they are gunning for me.I really do not have any means to pay any compensation.And I just want u to know that I did not earn a single cent from the multiply site.I do not have any upcoming weddings or anything.It is pathetic of me to pretend that I was the most sought after photographer when I m not.I sincerely beg for forgiveness.I won t use anyone's images again n I will start from scratch in this field.I m very,very sorry to all those I ve offended.

Joe

To Joe,

I am still waiting for ur confirmation, contact, full name.
    Help me is helping urself.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    dun think the offender is an 18yr old, no.
    .. i really have no idea (been out for most of the day in meetings).. I do know that we have seen in the past people coming sincerely and apologising to the whole community.. maybe I am just too gullible.. till things become clearer...

-- Marios

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    .. i really have no idea (been out for most of the day in meetings).. I do know that we have seen in the past people coming sincerely and apologising to the whole community.. maybe I am just too gullible.. till things become clearer...

-- Marios
    its alrite. everything will become clear soon.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

To all,

Just an update, i have received the confirmation from joeritexposure. He passed me his contacts. Hope that he will not betray the trust i give him.

I will arange the meetup with 2 at a time, at a public place. So 5th August maybe the first one.

I need some help here, can someone help me by listing down those affected to me, so that i PM him/her to arrange.

Also, pls refrain from any speculations, as it will not benifit anyone here. Thks.

Regards
    David Lim
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

There is a saying I recall ...

Rule with an iron fist ... in a velvet glove.

Bear in mind that talk is cheap; even the lowest of lowlifes will spew all sorts of exonerating circumstances and reasons, as well as beg for mercy and promise victim, authorities, parents and the heavens and earth and hell to never to do it again.

Sit in the gallery of the sub courts and this is all you will ever hear from morning till the court closes for the day. It's like a broken record.

What I do see as factual is that the (alleged) prep has:

1) first stolen,
    2) used the stolen material to deceive others in the hope of monetary gains,
    3) was discovered,
    4) attempted to placate by apologising profusely,
    5) further added to the deception by providing false information by means of IC number in the hope that it would give the impression of forthrightness and honesty, which clearly wasn't the case.

These are probably the only facts that are clear in the entire episode and the series of occurances seem to hint at a certain pattern.

Whether he is or is not in a position to pay is irrelevant to the crimes, and being (allegedly) 18 years of age, if that is even true, does not relinquish responsibility or accountability.

I do not think a young man's future, IF he is 18 years of age should be burdened by a criminal record, but neither do I think that such a clear pattern of further deliberate deception should go unpunished in equal measure, and it is this further action which may actually be more insidious than the original crime.

A truly remorseful man does not try to right his wrong by lying even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    There is a saying I recall ...

Rule with an iron fist ... in a velvet glove.

Bear in mind that talk is cheap; even the lowest of lowlifes will spew all sorts of exonerating circumstances and reasons, as well as beg for mercy and promise victim, authorities, parents and the heavens and earth and hell to never to do it again.

Sit in the gallery of the sub courts and this is all you will ever hear from morning till the court closes for the day. It's like a broken record.

What I do see as factual is that the (alleged) prep has:

1) first stolen,
    2) used the stolen material to deceive others in the hope of monetary gains,
    3) was discovered,
    4) attempted to placate by apologising profusely,
    5) further added to the deception by providing false information by means of IC number in the hope that it would give the impression of forthrightness and honesty, which clearly wasn't the case.

These are probably the only facts that are clear in the entire episode and the series of occurances seem to hint at a certain pattern.

Whether he is or is not in a position to pay is irrelevant to the crimes, and being (allegedly) 18 years of age, if that is even true, does not relinquish responsibility or accountability.

I do not think a young man's future, IF he is 18 years of age should be burdened by a criminal record, but neither do I think that such a clear pattern of further deliberate deception should go unpunished in equal measure, and it is this further action which may actually be more insidious than the original crime.

A truly remorseful man does not try to right his wrong by lying even more.
    Well say. Good english.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Well say. Good english.
    My Greek-English not good for you mah ha ha .. I dispute none of what is written. In fact, finding whether this joe guy is really the actual person who took the photos is easier than what people realise..

clubsnap posting IP -> ISP (through court ?? Vince?) -> name and address and real NRIC..

Tsk. that's easy.. Then again, Maggie was considered brilliant with an iron fist and velvet glove (though personally I associated her more with the handbag) till one day people changed their mind and judged her differently.. still a legend nonetheless..

-- Marios

This may not be relevant at this point of time.....but then again evidence can be obtained thru entrapment or "honey-pot"....u get the drift....
    G

By the way, i will be busy tomolo, whole day shooting, anything important call me, not important pls sms me at 97954615.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Blog Entries

this thread as about the someone "joe" stealing images and pretending to be his own hard work.

that is the topic of this thread, nothing else
    i have already started another thread for those who wish to discuss other issues
    use it

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast