Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Need ur attention

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need ur attention

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    I am not sure why it is considered OT. I think both issues are the same under the copyright or theft; former image, latter music. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

However, why are we so merciless towards this guy? He could have done wrong, maybe naively or desperate for portfolio (which he needs to show his first client) or trying to impress some girls (which long ago happened before). Instead of going hard on him, why not giving him a second chance.

Like what Joho mentioned, We are human first then photographer. Human has feelings, so do animals (I think) and I would like to add; what differential animals from human is not just feeling but we have the ability to think and reasons.

He may be alittle stupid but why drive him to an end or no end. As a senior photographer or association, instead of slamming him, educate him. Photographers should take care of each other instead of slamming each other. Anyone can go wrong even the best in the world, its only matter of time.

As we all know he has a wedding coming, imagine he doesn't turn up, who will suffer in the end, I think the couple unless they can find a replacement.

I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

Special Note to ritexposure: My friend, you had done something really stupid, don't be afraid, no one can eat you up. Why not you apologise to the photographers whom photographs you had taken. I believe they will forgive you and if you really keen in doing wedding, WPAS is holding a gathering and I believe they will welcome you and willing to guide you....

All the best to you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    I am not sure why it is considered OT. I think both issues are the same under the copyright or theft; former image, latter music. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

However, why are we so merciless towards this guy? He could have done wrong, maybe naively or desperate for portfolio (which he needs to show his first client) or trying to impress some girls (which long ago happened before). Instead of going hard on him, why not giving him a second chance.

Like what Joho mentioned, We are human first then photographer. Human has feelings, so do animals (I think) and I would like to add; what differential animals from human is not just feeling but we have the ability to think and reasons.

He may be alittle stupid but why drive him to an end or no end. As a senior photographer or association, instead of slamming him, educate him. Photographers should take care of each other instead of slamming each other. Anyone can go wrong even the best in the world, its only matter of time.

As we all know he has a wedding coming, imagine he doesn't turn up, who will suffer in the end, I think the couple unless they can find a replacement.

I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

Special Note to ritexposure: My friend, you had done something really stupid, don't be afraid, no one can eat you up. Why not you apologise to the photographers whom photographs you had taken. I believe they will forgive you and if you really keen in doing wedding, WPAS is holding a gathering and I believe they will welcome you and willing to guide you....

All the best to you.
    unfortunately, he has been exposed to be even lying abt his IC number while apologising.

btw, aren't u facing the same problem too? i noticed you removed the images after someone posted that you used the images without asking. IIRC, you scanned 2 pages from a regional FHM magazine.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400875
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    unfortunately, he has been exposed to be even lying abt his IC number while apologising.

btw, aren't u facing the same problem too? i noticed you removed the images after someone posted that you used the images without asking. IIRC, you scanned 2 pages from a regional FHM magazine.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400875
    yes, that's why I asked in the forum who's right is it. The photos were given by the model(not scanned) and said its okay to use. I took it down because I don't wish to engage in unnecessary arguments.

i will find out more regarding this type of copyright and i will be very careful next

--- obviously he lied as he has stolen the images. the question here is can we forgive him and give him a second chance?

Actually, i wouldn't say they are merciless. They haven't taken legal action against him yet, and they are meeting to discuss the next steps, not necessarily to sue his arse to heck and beyond.

Of course, having said that, I say again that I don't think this "riteexposure" person is being honest and forthright with his victims yet. He hasn't been transparent about his identity to any of the victims, and makes no effort to identify who he stole from and contact them to apologise. All he does is post in a thread (to my knowledge).

I understand where you're coming from in asking that they give him a chance, but he has to earn his chance as well, and earning it is one thing he definately isn't doing. Sure, the WPAS could take him under their wing and guide him. BUT if he doesn't show any remorse for his actions, taking him in would only be condoning his actions and it would in turn send a signal that encourages others to do similar things to "earn" an apprenticeship with the WPAS or another association. (that of course is a slight exaggeration.)

At the same time, I'm not advocating legal action against him. IF he is as young as he says he is, and IF his financial situation is as he says it is, then as someone suggested before, he can simply pay nominal sums as a form of recompense. BUT if he lied to try to get off lightly, then by all means sue him.

I'm not attempting to force my views on anyone, this is just my 2 cents (or thereabouts) worth and a response to Bobman's view. (no offense intended Bobman)

Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    Actually, i wouldn't say they are merciless. They haven't taken legal action against him yet, and they are meeting to discuss the next steps, not necessarily to sue his arse to heck and beyond.

Of course, having said that, I say again that I don't think this "riteexposure" person is being honest and forthright with his victims yet. He hasn't been transparent about his identity to any of the victims, and makes no effort to identify who he stole from and contact them to apologise. All he does is post in a thread (to my knowledge).

I understand where you're coming from in asking that they give him a chance, but he has to earn his chance as well, and earning it is one thing he definately isn't doing. Sure, the WPAS could take him under their wing and guide him. BUT if he doesn't show any remorse for his actions, taking him in would only be condoning his actions and it would in turn send a signal that encourages others to do similar things to "earn" an apprenticeship with the WPAS or another association. (that of course is a slight exaggeration.)

At the same time, I'm not advocating legal action against him. IF he is as young as he says he is, and IF his financial situation is as he says it is, then as someone suggested before, he can simply pay nominal sums as a form of recompense. BUT if he lied to try to get off lightly, then by all means sue him.

I'm not attempting to force my views on anyone, this is just my 2 cents (or thereabouts) worth and a response to Bobman's view. (no offense intended Bobman)

yap...me too just saying my views. ben johnson was given a second chance for lying and cheating. sad to say, he cheated again and ban for life. but at least he was given a second chance.

just to add abit... just look at our avatars, are the images created by ourselves????

just to add abit... just look at our avatars, are the images created by ourselves????
    hmmm i believe that is a different case altogther. because we/they (since i don't have an avatar ) don't gain any commercial opportunities through the use of them. Using the images from someone else for a portfolio is another matter altogether. And in most cases the creators of the avatars freely post them online for others to use. correct me if i'm wrong of course.

hmmm i believe that is a different case altogther. because we/they (since i don't have an avatar ) don't gain any commercial opportunities through the use of them. Using the images from someone else for a portfolio is another matter altogether. And in most cases the creators of the avatars freely post them online for others to use. correct me if i'm wrong of course.
    you mean i can use any of your photo as my avatar? if the image is put up for sale by others (commercial value), and you use it for you avatar (non commercial value), you think its ok?

vince123123
    Guests

Yup, I took great pains to ensure mine is - don't want to be caught for copyright infringement...

vince123123
    Guests

I think continuing along the commercial/noncommercial distinctiion is a seriously wrong way to go about things. Non-commercial usage is infringement, whether or not they generate income.

you mean i can use any of your photo as my avatar? if the image is put up for sale by others (commercial value), and you use it for you avatar (non commercial value), you think its ok?
    sorry, i forgot to add that part. its been too long since i've written essays and stuff. no, if its put up for sale by others then you cannot use it without buying it. I meant that if you're using an avatar created by someone who then puts it up royalty free then thats fine.

vince123123
    Guests

Then the distinction is not between whether YOUR use is commercial or non-commercial, but whether the creator has chosen to distribute it royalty free or not.

sorry, i forgot to add that part. its been too long since i've written essays and stuff. no, if its put up for sale by others then you cannot use it without buying it. I meant that if you're using an avatar created by someone who then puts it up royalty free then thats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I think continuing along the commercial/noncommercial distinctiion is a seriously wrong way to go about things. Non-commercial usage is infringement, whether or not they generate income.
    i agree with you, butmy distinction was only referring to the use of royalty free images that people put up for use as avatars/wallpapers. 'cause bobman brought that subject up

vince123123
    Guests

So you're still sticking to your guns that using copyrighted music or other works is okay so long as it is non-commercial usage?

i agree with you, butmy distinction was only referring to the use of royalty free images that people put up for use as avatars/wallpapers. 'cause bobman brought that subject up

So you're still sticking to your guns that using copyrighted music or other works is okay so long as it is non-commercial usage?
    yep. based on my knowledge of copyright law, (which i can assure you is VERY limited), i still think that using copyrighted music and such is fine as long as its not publicly used or used to generate income, and as long as you obtained it through legal means in the first place.

As i've said before, if i'm wrong, please correct me, otherwise i'd remain ignorant and may unknowingly breach copyright in future.

vince123123
    Guests

Well, my view is that whether you use copyrighted works (without a license) to generate income or not, it is still infringement.

yep. based on my knowledge of copyright law, (which i can assure you is VERY limited), i still think that using copyrighted music and such is fine as long as its not publicly used or used to generate income, and as long as you obtained it through legal means in the first place.

As i've said before, if i'm wrong, please correct me, otherwise i'd remain ignorant and may unknowingly breach copyright in future.

Well, my view is that whether you use copyrighted works (without a license) to generate income or not, it is still infringement.
    hmmm. i'll go read up on it. i think we're both using too general parameters to be able to say for sure what is right and what is wrong.

vince123123
    Guests

Hehe, I'm pretty sure it is wrong.

hmmm. i'll go read up on it. i think we're both using too general parameters to be able to say for sure what is right and what is wrong.

Hehe, I'm pretty sure it is wrong.
    haha well maybe it is ok we should stop, we've filled a page or so with our little debate.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast