Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Need ur attention

Default Re: Need ur attention

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    folks, i suggest we let the affected working photographers handle this via their legal means. all the details are captured in this thread anyway. give this a rest, not that i condone joeritexposure's actions or approve of his apologies. rather, we do not know if joeritexposure is the real person behind the mulitply website, despite of him posting all sorts of personal details here.
    I am the cause of these mess.I created the account.I am willing to write a Letter of Apology to all the photographers concerned.But please don't take legal actions against me.My parents will not be able to take it.I will do anything but don't sue me please.I have admitted to my mistakes and I have taken down my multiply.Please forgive me.

Can I propose that CS Mods/Admins increase Joe's PM Box limit so that the affected photographers can PM him for contact information to take the next step offline? IMHO, I don't think it's beneficial to either affected photogs or Joe to let this thread run on in terms of resolving this issue. This thread, the way I see it, has pretty much served its purpose.
    Last edited by shinken; 3rd August 2008 at 02:31 PM.

I am glad you admit to your mistakes. There has to be a consequence to any action. (This is the lesson that you should really walk away with) All of us make mistakes in our lives, one way or the other. Initially, I too was very angry even though it does not involve me. Until one of the cs guy, said" he does not want to go for blood". I understood that and it changed my perspective.

It is the learning of the mistake that is important. You have to work out with the photographers involved on the consequence that you have to face. Be responsible, approach them, meet them and apologize in person. I understand that if indeed you are student, you will have problems settling the compensation if they really sue. However, you must be mentally prepared that you probably have to pay them for using their works. (even if it is a token compensation, as this will really help you to learn the consequence of your action , work out on payment periods and so on) But I am sure if you are really sincere and remorseful, perhaps the photographers involved can work out an arrangement with you.

To those photographers whose works were used, I know my words mean nothing. An 18 years old (if indeed he is), deserve a second chance in life. All of us do. Nonetheless, like I stated above, he has to learn with the consequence and you have to affirm your rights to your works. But we can all work it out between the two and find a way out of this, so that we dun destroy the life of an 18 years old and yet a strong signal is sent out on the such acts.

Please, to the photographers who are involved. give the man a chance to work something out with you all. Help him to learn this life lesson. At least listen to what he has to propose to you all. "That's the spirit of the Yellow Ribbon Project" isn't it?

Last word to Joe: Please do not see the compensation negatively or as a form of punishment. See it from the other point of view, you are paying them because you have used their works. And more importanly, sometimes we learn really hard when it hurts us where it hurts most. Look at it as you are paying for a life lesson.

I know, I probably going to be flamed by many. But still I decide to post this. Cause I believe in second chance in life

All of us deserve a second look in life.

Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    Can I propose that CS Mods/Admins increase Joe's PM Box limit so that the affected photographers can PM him for contact information to take the next step offline? IMHO, I don't think it's beneficial to either affected photogs or Joe to let this thread run on in terms of resolving this issue. This thread, the way I see it, has pretty much served its purpose.
    Yes,to all those I have offended,please e-mail at joeritexposure@live.com.sg if you want to take the next course of actions against me.I am sorry once again for the mess I have created.I am very sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by davee78 View Post
    I am glad you admit to your mistakes. There has to be a consequence to any action. (This is the lesson that you should really walk away with) All of us make mistakes in our lives, one way or the other. Initially, I too was very angry even though it does not involve me. Until one of the cs guy, said" he does not want to go for blood". I understood that and it changed my perspective.

It is the learning of the mistake that is important. You have to work out with the photographers involved on the consequence that you have to face. Be responsible, approach them, meet them and apologize in person. I understand that if indeed you are student, you will have problems settling the compensation if they really sue. However, you must be mentally prepared that you probably have to pay them for using their works. (even if it is a token compensation, as this will really help you to learn the consequence of your action , work out on payment periods and so on) But I am sure if you are really sincere and remorseful, perhaps the photographers involved can work out an arrangement with you.

To those photographers whose works were used, I know my words mean nothing. An 18 years old (if indeed he is), deserve a second chance in life. All of us do. Nonetheless, like I stated above, he has to learn with the consequence and you have to affirm your rights to your works. But we can all work it out between the two and find a way out of this, so that we dun destroy the life of an 18 years old and yet a strong signal is sent out on the such acts.

Please, to the photographers who are involved. give the man a chance to work something out with you all. Help him to learn this life lesson. At least listen to what he has to propose to you all. "That's the spirit of the Yellow Ribbon Project" isn't it?

Last word to Joe: Please do not see the compensation negatively or as a form of punishment. See it from the other point of view, you are paying them because you have used their works. And more importanly, sometimes we learn really hard when it hurts us where it hurts most. Look at it as you are paying for a life lesson.

I know, I probably going to be flamed by many. But still I decide to post this. Cause I believe in second chance in life

Thank you Davee78.Yes,I do not have the means to pay all the photographers involved but I can definitely do so if we can work something out.
    I seek this second chance as I really wanna make my hobby works.I know that the trust is forever gone but I m willing to build it up again.
    To all the photographers concerned,e-mail me and I will adhere to your punishments.

Quote Originally Posted by davee78 View Post

lol.. it's not the end of his life lar. this won't be a jail sentence or anything....

mostly i'd say this should be settled outside of court. so yeah, as i keep mentioning, probably best to let the affected pgs decide and contact him.

vince123123
    Guests

Hehe now you all know why I asked him for identification - those who wish to pursue can

Although from a legal standpoint, I think its probably better to just leave it to be and not pursue legal enforcement - I will not say why here so as not to compromise the claims of any photographers (we are after all, a photographic community and I will not compromise photographer's strength of position).

Perhaps I can suggest for Joe to offer to meet up with those affected meet up in person, where he will give a personal apology, in person, to every single one affected.
    Last edited by vince123123; 3rd August 2008 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Hehe now you all know why I asked him for identification - those who wish to pursue can

Although from a legal standpoint, I think its probably better to just leave it to be and not pursue legal enforcement - I will not say why here so as not to compromise the claims of any photographers (we are after all, a photographic community and I will not compromise photographer's strength of position).

Perhaps I can suggest that those affected meet up with this Joe person, where he will give a personal apology, in person, to every single one affected.
    perhaps i can suggest that we let the affected photogs decide wat they want to do by themselves.

Why don't you guys get him to work for you for free or something? He can learn something along the way also and you get extra hands during your shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    lol.. it's not the end of his life lar. this won't be a jail sentence or anything....

did I sounded too serious? lol

mostly i'd say this should be settled outside of court. so yeah, as i keep mentioning, probably best to let the affected pgs decide and contact him.
    Second that No more post from me on this thread in spirit of that

this guy too cunning
    better meet up with him .. who knoes he might not be a sch boy

I believe as with JOHO's case, ALbert Chua didn't successfully "sue" - he sent letters and got a private settlement. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    You are right, I stand corrected. He didn't win in court, it was a private settlement before he went on with court proceedings. I deemed as a successful lawsuit since it was settled in his favor.

The Zohan.

vince123123
    Guests

Of course they will decide what they want to do by themselves. All that is said here are merely suggestions - no one is holding a gun or forcing anyone to decide a way they do not want.

Unless you wish to reword your suggestion to "perhaps i can suggest that those not affected stop contributing to the discussion", if that is in fact, your intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    perhaps i can suggest that we let the affected photogs decide wat they want to do by themselves.

Of course they will decide what they want to do by themselves. All that is said here are merely suggestions - no one is holding a gun or forcing anyone to decide a way they do not want.

Unless you wish to reword your suggestion to "perhaps i can suggest that those not affected stop contributing to the discussion", if that is in fact, your intention.

all i that i said is merely a suggestion too...as for ur 2nd line... LOL

anyway dun need OT to reply me later we both kenna infraction or worse get ban LOL
    Last edited by Lumiere; 3rd August 2008 at 03:47 PM.

Joe,
    did you register a business call Ritexposure?

Quote Originally Posted by joeritexposure View Post
    No,I don't know.I know that I 'm in no position to say these but very few people viewed my multiply site when it was up.I am really,really sorry.I took the site down immediately when I realised it has caused so much unhappiness.I am very sorry to all the photographers out there.
    very few people viewed my multiply site when it was up

1. So if lets say very few people viewed your site and no one commented about what you've done, you would still continue your shameful deeds of plagiarising more photographer's work in future in order to boost your own portfolio? Why did you base your argument on the fact that you had little hits on your site? It doesnt show how you view the seriousness of what you have done, it being a criminal act.

2. Now that you had so many hits overnight, And if none of us brought up the matter of you using other photographer's work as your own, would you have continued to let the site live and allow for potential clients to "book" you?

when I realised it has caused so much unhappiness.

Why do you only realise that it will cause so much unhappiness only now when there are people who want to take action against you? So if the parties involved decided to say "ah.. nevermind lah only a few photos" which they definately wont, You would still not realise the wrong you have done?

You do not even know who you have stolen from and you expect them to mail you first?

Some of the works you have stolen belongs to good friends of mine, and i am very disgusted by what you have done. I hold very little respect even if you are remorseful and are still apologising. You should be more sensible then that to even think of doing something so foolish. I honestly feel that you should still face what ever consequences that come your way, despite the impact or magnitude of what these consequences may hold. Just by simply apologising or having no third party enforce the consequences will only add another story to your life which you WILL FORGET in time. I suggest you prepare yourself for what ever comes. Ultimately, it is the people involved who makes the decision to how they may want to handle the situation. But from where i stand. I say, "Spare the rod and spoil the child?". I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by joeritexposure View Post
    I have already deleted my multiply account and I am the same person.My name is Edris Johan Shah and my frens call me Joe.My NRIC is S9011263I.I am willing to accept all abuses and criticisms for my shameful behaviour but please don't report me to the authorities.
    Excuse me for butting in guys, i hope i am not accusing someone wrongly, but based on a certain algorithm, the NRIC 9011263I doesnt seem to be a valid one.
    But i've have heard of rare cases of exceptions before.

I guess its up to a face to face meeting then. Again, sorry if i have interfered.
    Last edited by ahbian; 3rd August 2008 at 04:17 PM.

You can do a checking of validity of Singapore IC Number via this link. https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TM...ue&Reload=true

Just fill in your IC, Date of issue and Birthday

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Excuse me for butting in guys, i hope i am not accusing someone wrongly, but based on a certain algorithm, the NRIC 9011263I doesnt seem to be a valid one.
    But i've have heard of rare cases of exceptions before.

I guess its up to a face to face meeting then. Again, sorry if i have interfered.
    you are right. the NRIC is not a valid one. you can use this useful Excel spreadsheet to check.

http://gangasudhan.com/blog/2008/07/...x-checker.html

hence the earlier point i made to all, since all the ACRA details are there, let the affected photographers contact the fella directly and not comment anymore. this joe guy might be a faker.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Blog Entries

it seems that our "friend" is a smart one

I am too late to see "his portfolio" but did anyone see my images inside?
    I will not hesitate to start legal proceedings

but since all affected parties are in CS
    i suggest that discussion about planning should stop
    and affected photographers meet up and work together.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast