Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: Need ur attention

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need ur attention

Quote Originally Posted by joeritexposure View Post
    Dear all,

I am the "Joe" that has caused all these mess. I admit that it is my doing which has resulted in all these unhappiness.I am an 18 year old guy and photography is my hobby.I got introduced to multiply by my friend,who told me that there are people who wil be interested in looking for photographers in there.
    As such,I registered myself in there and I resorted to using some of your images as a way to promote myself. I did not think of the consequences of my actions and as a result,I have to close down my site and my dreams of becoming a professional photographer.
    I want you all to know that I am deeply remourseful and yes,I made up those upcoming weddings and events,in order to boost my profile.
    To all those professional n good photographers whose images I have used,please forgive me.I have not clinch any deal,trust me,using ur images.
    I am still schooling and I hope that you all will give me a chance to start afresh.I won't make the same mistakes again.

Joe (Real name Edris Johan Shah)
    sad to say, your apologies might cut no ice with all the professional/working photographers whom you have ripped the pics from. your actions, directly or indirectly, might have denied them of legitimate jobs, and a loss of income, which you have denied them.

i believe in school, you would have been taught abt the crime of plagarism and infringement of copyrights. i know cos MOE does have, and make sure, that teachers drill into the students the guidelines for rightful use of other people's materials with proper citations. ignorance, in this case, is no defence.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    sad to say, your apologies might cut no ice with all the professional/working photographers whom you have ripped the pics from. your actions, directly or indirectly, might have denied them of legitimate jobs, and a loss of income, which you have denied them.

i believe in school, you would have been taught abt the crime of plagarism and infringement of copyrights. i know cos MOE does have, and make sure, that teachers drill into the students the guidelines for rightful use of other people's materials with proper citations. ignorance, in this case, is no defence.
    power... coming from your prefession, confirm correct!!

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    I'm sorry, are you implying that you don't know what plagiarism means?

We learnt that, and got punished for it, way back in primary school.... and you are still a student and you don't know that?
    I am very,very sorry.I understand the true meaning of the word.I realise now the consequences of my actions.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post

I know that it is too late to apologise now.But honestly,I did not make anything from my multiply site.I just started and I was caught.Yes,I was taught in school bout plagarism and infringement and I know it is serious.I am asking for forgiveness.I admit that I am wrong.I will not do it again.

I am very,very sorry.I understand the true meaning of the word.I realise now the consequences of my actions.
    u're just lucky you didn't steal from me, not that i saw anyway.

i'm in discussion with a couple of the photographers you stole from and actions they can take against you since i've had similar cases happen to me. i'll leave the decision to them.

on a lighter note, refer to this thread in case you still want to start up:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401020

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Dear "Joe",

In order to conclusively prove that you are the person who is the subject of the discussion here, kindly post identification of yourself and evidence that you are indeed the same person in the multiply.

The last we want is a one-post troll who decides to have some fun at the expense of others.
    I have already deleted my multiply account and I am the same person.My name is Edris Johan Shah and my frens call me Joe.My NRIC is S9011263I.I am willing to accept all abuses and criticisms for my shameful behaviour but please don't report me to the authorities.

Dear all,

I am the "Joe" that has caused all these mess. I admit that it is my doing which has resulted in all these unhappiness.I am an 18 year old guy and photography is my hobby.I got introduced to multiply by my friend,who told me that there are people who wil be interested in looking for photographers in there.
    As such,I registered myself in there and I resorted to using some of your images as a way to promote myself. I did not think of the consequences of my actions and as a result,I have to close down my site and my dreams of becoming a professional photographer.
    I want you all to know that I am deeply remourseful and yes,I made up those upcoming weddings and events,in order to boost my profile.
    To all those professional n good photographers whose images I have used,please forgive me.I have not clinch any deal,trust me,using ur images.
    I am still schooling and I hope that you all will give me a chance to start afresh.I won't make the same mistakes again.

Joe (Real name Edris Johan Shah)
    You taking a short cut to make youself famous, which is a way that most of us won't able to tolerate.

get yourself prepare what's coming up next.
    Last edited by catchlights; 3rd August 2008 at 01:53 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

u're just lucky you didn't steal from me, not that i saw anyway.

i'm in discussion with a couple of the photographers you stole from and actions they can take against you since i've had similar cases happen to me. i'll leave the decision to them.

on a lighter note, refer to this thread in case you still want to start up:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401020
    Thank you.I will not take the short cut again.I know it takes hard work and I am really embarrassed that I have taken the hard work of some of the pros here for my own benefit.I beg you,all the photographers that I have taken the pics from,for a chance.I will learn and start from scratch if I wanna make it.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    You taking a short cut to make youself famous, which is a way that most of us won't able to tolerate.

get yourself prepare what's coming up next.
    Please,to all the pros that I have offended,forgive me.I am a greenhorn who has just made the biggest mistake of my life.I am sorry that my actions has resulted in all these.Please forgive me.I am willing to take any punishments but please don't sue me or anything.I really have no means to pay.

Thank you.I will not take the short cut again.I know it takes hard work and I am really embarrassed that I have taken the hard work of some of the pros here for my own benefit.I beg you,all the photographers that I have taken the pics from,for a chance.I will learn and start from scratch if I wanna make it.
    actually u also not dumb... can devise such a scheme to try to get a head start.

it's good to be able to get a head start, but use ur brains and think of a not so illegal way next time, for one. for another, u have offended alot of pple....

Although non of the photos belongs to me. But I have few of my very close friends' work being taken and used without permission, I can't help but feel for them as I went through the hard work behind the lens as a photographer. Every photo is a blood, sweat and tears of the photographer.

No, I don't think you fully understand the consequences!

actually u also not dumb... can devise such a scheme to try to get a head start.

it's good to be able to get a head start, but use ur brains and think of a not so illegal way next time, for one. for another, u have offended alot of pple....
    I know I have offended a lot of people,all the photographers who have put their all into taking those shots.But please forgive me.I am still learning and I will learn from this experience.I really did not make a cent from my multiply.And I cannot afford to pay any compensation at this point.I am really sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie View Post
    Although non of the photos belongs to me. But I have few of my very close friends' work being taken and used without permission, I can't help but feel for them as I went through the hard work behind the lens as a photographer. Every photo is a blood, sweat and tears of the photographer.

No, I don't think you fully understand the consequences!
    I understand,Sir,the consequences.I admire those photographs that I stole and the hard work behind them.I know the feeling.I made a mistake in taking them.

Please,to all the pros that I have offended,forgive me.I am a greenhorn who has just made the biggest mistake of my life.I am sorry that my actions has resulted in all these.Please forgive me.I am willing to take any punishments but please don't sue me or anything.I really have no means to pay.
    I don't think you have taken any of my photos anyway...

but I don't think other photographers will let it go so easily.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

as mentioned, we'll leave it to those that you took from to see what they want to do.

do you even know who you stole from?

as mentioned, we'll leave it to those that you took from to see what they want to do.

do you even know who you stole from?
    No,I don't know.I know that I 'm in no position to say these but very few people viewed my multiply site when it was up.I am really,really sorry.I took the site down immediately when I realised it has caused so much unhappiness.I am very sorry to all the photographers out there.

What u did is stealing. Its a crime. Thats not a moral way to be a person much less starting a registered business. Being a sole proprietor do you know that you can be bankrupt if everyone sues u for damages. You are not protected by limited liabilities. This is so foolish.

One year ago i have to resort to offering free service just to get my own portfolio. Because of my sincerity fellow photographers stepped forward to help me.
    This is what this forum and community is for. We will help one another if its within our capacity. But the moment u start stealing from people who might be willing to help u...u lose everything that you might stand to gain.

Now even if you apologise. Would there be anyone who wants to help u or trust u after what you did?

Hope that you learn your lesson now...and reflect on your morals and integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

but I don't think other photographers will let it go so easily.
    I know that nobody can stand it when their hard work is being used by others.But I really beg for leniency.I will not do this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    What u did is stealing. Its a crime. Thats not a moral way to be a person much less starting a registered business. Being a sole proprietor do you know that you can be bankrupt if everyone sues u for damages. You are not protected by limited liabilities. This is so foolish.

One year ago i have to resort to offering free service just to get my own portfolio. Because of my sincerity fellow photographers stepped forward to help me.
    This is what this forum and community is for. We will help one another if its within our capacity. But the moment u start stealing from people who might be willing to help u...u lose everything that you might stand to gain.

Now even if you apologise. Would there be anyone who wants to help u or trust u after what you did?

Hope that you learn your lesson now...and reflect on your morals and integrity.
    I know that what I did is stealing.I regret that I did not choose to take the same path as you.But it's too late now.I can only say I 'm sorry but I know that will not even be enough.

Blog Entries

folks, i suggest we let the affected working photographers handle this via their legal means. all the details are captured in this thread anyway. give this a rest, not that i condone joeritexposure's actions or approve of his apologies. rather, we do not know if joeritexposure is the real person behind the mulitply website, despite of him posting all sorts of personal details here.

anyway, for those who need info, you can refer to our CS Admin, Darren's, post here about IP rights.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123462
    Last edited by nightwolf75; 3rd August 2008 at 02:22 PM.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast