Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Need ur attention

Default Re: Need ur attention

oh man! i saw one of my images inside!!!! how do we seek compensation? i believe my image should be there quite awhile since i shot this last year jan! have the screen shot, find a lawyer? crazy one. i don't even use that shot in my website.

does my last shot looked familiar in this so-called portfolio?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...72&postcount=2
    Last edited by drumma; 3rd August 2008 at 07:56 AM. Reason: added link.

It seems that he's been helping himself to the buffet of photographs over here?

There's even a link to clubsnap at the bottom of his webpage. Some cheek.

vince123123
    Guests

1. A civil suit is where A sues B to obtain damages, ie $$$ or other civil remedies such as an injunction.

2. A criminal suit in a non-seizable offence is where you file a Magistrate's Complaint and and prosecute the accused yourself.

Hence, what you describe is not a civil suit. It is a criminal complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by wranger View Post
    This is a civil suit. The police will just file in the report and will not take action. You will have to enage your own lawyer and file charges at the Magistrate Court. And it will take a minimum of 1 year for the case to close.

vince123123
    Guests

I believe as with JOHO's case, ALbert Chua didn't successfully "sue" - he sent letters and got a private settlement. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zohan View Post
    I remember Albert Chua (he's in a new wedding association set up with fotou) successfully suing a photographer a few years ago for hijacking his images off the net. If you guys are serious, you'll have to a get a lawyer. With screens shots, your case is almost bulletproof. Very likely, the police will not handle this matter. And it's unwise to take things into your own hands, you could yourselves in trouble if you harass him.

The Zohan.

vince123123
    Guests

Anyway multiply oredi deleted his user account, so no more evidence :P

think he took down his account with multiply.

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Hmm.. So is there still a case though we have the screen shots?
    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Anyway multiply oredi deleted his user account, so no more evidence :P

Quote Originally Posted by drumma View Post
    There is a screen shot of this page belongs to ritexposure.
    This weekend, this photographer has a assignment with bobbie and valerie.
    Ritexposure has registered with acra using a housse in Punggol.

If Rtiexposure registered address is in punggol and had a wedding assignment with bobbie and valerie in Cairnhill Methodist Church, I believe evidence is sufficent to accuse him already.
    Last edited by blurrblurr; 3rd August 2008 at 11:32 AM.

Hello CS bros,I'm the partner of Le Photographe and I am as surprised as you all are regarding this whole matter..I am still a newbie and never will I ever think that someone might wanna use my images.

But I'm sure that you guys have been in this line for ages and your images are definitely worth more than mine..

The guy,Joe,is definitely daring and needless to say,STUPID,for violating our rights..I have checked it out with a lawyer and some investigation officers(my job permits me to do so,hehe)with regards to this whole thing.

Apparently,copyright issue where images are concerned is very sensitive in today's context.This guy has deleted his multiply account so I really have no idea which of my images he has utilised to secure deals and agreements..

I have even gone to the extent of calling up Cairnhill Methodist Church (As mentioned by our bro Blurrblurr) but the staff there confirmed that there is no wedding for any Bobbie and Valerie coming up soon..

As such,one of my Policeman bro suggests that I make a report but the matter will end at that as far as the Police are concerened..And the lawyer friend that I consulted also agreed that it will take time and loads of evidence to get this guy.

However,I am not taking the chance and I will lodge the report.The next action from me depends if whether this punk is still utilising my images.

Regards.
    EOS 5D . 10-22 . 24-70 . 70-200 f4 IS USM . 580EX II

Quote Originally Posted by XenoBaka View Post
    Seems like some of you guys might want to visit Joho's lawyer..
    Any lawyer who undertstand the copyright, patent and trademark acts will do. It is part of the course that they undertake.
    UK HMS Photojournalist

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    1. A civil suit is where A sues B to obtain damages, ie $$$ or other civil remedies such as an injunction.

2. A criminal suit in a non-seizable offence is where you file a Magistrate's Complaint and and prosecute the accused yourself.

Hence, what you describe is not a civil suit. It is a criminal complaint.
    It all depend on the amount that you are filing for.
    UK HMS Photojournalist

Quote Originally Posted by Azly Joihani View Post
    Hello CS bros,I'm the partner of Le Photographe and I am as surprised as you all are regarding this whole matter..I am still a newbie and never will I ever think that someone might wanna use my images.

But I'm sure that you guys have been in this line for ages and your images are definitely worth more than mine..

The guy,Joe,is definitely daring and needless to say,STUPID,for violating our rights..I have checked it out with a lawyer and some investigation officers(my job permits me to do so,hehe)with regards to this whole thing.

Apparently,copyright issue where images are concerned is very sensitive in today's context.This guy has deleted his multiply account so I really have no idea which of my images he has utilised to secure deals and agreements..

I have even gone to the extent of calling up Cairnhill Methodist Church (As mentioned by our bro Blurrblurr) but the staff there confirmed that there is no wedding for any Bobbie and Valerie coming up soon..

As such,one of my Policeman bro suggests that I make a report but the matter will end at that as far as the Police are concerened..And the lawyer friend that I consulted also agreed that it will take time and loads of evidence to get this guy.

However,I am not taking the chance and I will lodge the report.The next action from me depends if whether this punk is still utilising my images.

Regards.
    please don't tell me that he so bold till he want fake some upcoming assignments?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    please don't tell me that he so bold till he want fake some upcoming assignments?
    tat might be the case it seems.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

vince123123
    Guests

Yup yup, that would still be

Quote Originally Posted by drumma View Post

vince123123
    Guests

What are you talking about? The "amount" as you put it has nothing to do with whether an action is a civil or criminal matter.

Quote Originally Posted by wranger View Post
    It all depend on the amount that you are filing for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    tat might be the case it seems.
    guess he just become the most "sought-after" photographer in the year of 2008.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Dear all,

I am the "Joe" that has caused all these mess. I admit that it is my doing which has resulted in all these unhappiness.I am an 18 year old guy and photography is my hobby.I got introduced to multiply by my friend,who told me that there are people who wil be interested in looking for photographers in there.
    As such,I registered myself in there and I resorted to using some of your images as a way to promote myself. I did not think of the consequences of my actions and as a result,I have to close down my site and my dreams of becoming a professional photographer.
    I want you all to know that I am deeply remourseful and yes,I made up those upcoming weddings and events,in order to boost my profile.
    To all those professional n good photographers whose images I have used,please forgive me.I have not clinch any deal,trust me,using ur images.
    I am still schooling and I hope that you all will give me a chance to start afresh.I won't make the same mistakes again.

Joe (Real name Edris Johan Shah)

Quote Originally Posted by joeritexposure View Post
    Dear all,

I am the "Joe" that has caused all these mess. I admit that it is my doing which has resulted in all these unhappiness.I am an 18 year old guy and photography is my hobby.I got introduced to multiply by my friend,who told me that there are people who wil be interested in looking for photographers in there.
    As such,I registered myself in there and I resorted to using some of your images as a way to promote myself. I did not think of the consequences of my actions and as a result,I have to close down my site and my dreams of becoming a professional photographer.
    I want you all to know that I am deeply remourseful and yes,I made up those upcoming weddings and events,in order to boost my profile.
    To all those professional n good photographers whose images I have used,please forgive me.I have not clinch any deal,trust me,using ur images.
    I am still schooling and I hope that you all will give me a chance to start afresh.I won't make the same mistakes again.

sorry la bro. don't you think its a little to late. and you are such a disgrace of my communtiy.

Quote Originally Posted by joeritexposure View Post
    Dear all,

I'm sorry, are you implying that you don't know what plagiarism means?

We learnt that, and got punished for it, way back in primary school.... and you are still a student and you don't know that?

vince123123
    Guests

Dear "Joe",

In order to conclusively prove that you are the person who is the subject of the discussion here, kindly post identification of yourself and evidence that you are indeed the same person in the multiply.

The last we want is a one-post troll who decides to have some fun at the expense of others.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast