Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 310

Thread: Need ur attention

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cowtown
    Posts
    1,343

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    Quote Originally Posted by davee78 View Post
    He had cropped out the signatures of the photos..to conceal the fact that the photos do not belong to him. And in turn uses the cropped photos as portfolio to his potential clients. could be Section 463, forgery or if there are clients who felt cheated and suffered wrongfully, because of that, then forgery for the purpose of cheating? ...any lawyer pls confirm

    IF forgery seems to be the direction, then it is a criminal case
    Personally, I'm not out for blood of any sort. I just hope he'll take down the images from his site, and get onto the right track towards building a portfolio of his own.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    This guy have yet to noe the seriousness of such act. can be sued for alot of money.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cowtown
    Posts
    1,343

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    This guy have yet to noe the seriousness of such act. can be sued for alot of money.
    Problem is, that's not a long-term solution. I hope he wakes up before things get out of hand.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    so he need to noe the seriousness before he got sue....anyone got his contact, i can help to call.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  5. #25

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    Quote Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
    Problem is, that's not a long-term solution. I hope he wakes up before things get out of hand.
    Ya me too.Hope he wakes up.I even personaly PM him but too bad no reply.
    F.T.W

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cowtown
    Posts
    1,343

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    so he need to noe the seriousness before he got sue....anyone got his contact, i can help to call.
    Nope. Can't find it on his blog. Business is apparently registered in a HDB address in Punggol though.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    wah so daring man what is he thinking in the first place..
    Let there be Light.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    wow this guy is really cheap! ive been scammed before about my photography, so i know how this stings. Hope you guys can do something about this.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    Just did a search on ACRA, its a registered business. Reg no. 53112540L
    RITEXPOSURE PHOTOGRAPHY EDGEDALE PLAINS...

  10. #30
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    i've sued and won for such cases, unfortunately for the perpetrator i didn't "beat the grass and surprise the snake" and straight away sent a cease and desist to the registered business address.

    came back to my lawyer immediately and we discussed a settlement if not we'll go to court, so he agreed to pay damanges which is not little. i had screen shots and the rest of it.

    i think those pages in question here have been removed, but i won't be surprised if customers meet him or email him for images he might still be using them.

    this fella is very very brave.. or stupid.

  11. #31
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    i've sued and won for such cases, unfortunately for the perpetrator i didn't "beat the grass and surprise the snake" and straight away sent a cease and desist to the registered business address.

    came back to my lawyer immediately and we discussed a settlement if not we'll go to court, so he agreed to pay damanges which is not little. i had screen shots and the rest of it.

    i think those pages in question here have been removed, but i won't be surprised if customers meet him or email him for images he might still be using them.

    this fella is very very brave.. or stupid.
    It's still there... I just viewed the site...

    plain dumb
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  12. #32

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    this fella is very very brave.. or stupid.
    This fella is very very brave, and very stupid. I can't believe anyone would actually believe they can get away from ripping so many photogs off at the same time and no one would notice.

    All of us (well, almost all of us) don't have it easy in the early years. We work like mad in every aspect of the word to become who we are and gain the ability to create the images we make. It's really immature to think that stealing images for portfolio until you get your own is actually workable. Moral issues aside, how is this guy (or the next) going to deliver? And how is this guy ever going to produce quality work with a quick fix mentality such as this?

  13. #33
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    This fella is very very brave, and very stupid. I can't believe anyone would actually believe they can get away from ripping so many photogs off at the same time and no one would notice.

    All of us (well, almost all of us) don't have it easy in the early years. We work like mad in every aspect of the word to become who we are and gain the ability to create the images we make. It's really immature to think that stealing images for portfolio until you get your own is actually workable. Moral issues aside, how is this guy (or the next) going to deliver? And how is this guy ever going to produce quality work with a quick fix mentality such as this?
    that's why i say, cannot be nice and just send a cease and desist.

    in my case previously (think got about 3 years ago now) the perpetrator was a very nice guys that got so scared he came forward immediately. lawyer ask me want to go ahead and ask for a settlement figure, and i thought about it, even knowing that the guy was remourseful, that while he is nice, it was a blatant act. there is no way that anybody would think that doing something like this is "ok". so i decided yeah go ahead and give maximum.... expensive lesson for him no doubt...

    but this guy in question here, power, MULTIPLE PHOTOGRAPHERS involved. imagine he had to pay off each of them, he died b4 he started.....

  14. #34

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    This fella is very very brave, and very stupid. I can't believe anyone would actually believe they can get away from ripping so many photogs off at the same time and no one would notice.

    All of us (well, almost all of us) don't have it easy in the early years. We work like mad in every aspect of the word to become who we are and gain the ability to create the images we make. It's really immature to think that stealing images for portfolio until you get your own is actually workable. Moral issues aside, how is this guy (or the next) going to deliver? And how is this guy ever going to produce quality work with a quick fix mentality such as this?
    Agreed with u bro.
    F.T.W

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    i believe this guy is a member of cs. he might be watching this thread

  16. #36

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    that's why i say, cannot be nice and just send a cease and desist.


    but this guy in question here, power, MULTIPLE PHOTOGRAPHERS involved. imagine he had to pay off each of them, he died b4 he started.....
    Some have PM me that they have print screen the pics.But anybody have the malay wedding portfolio? All photo are from my photographer who was working for my assignment.I think he still have not notice that he is been watch.I just manage to see less than 5 min after coming back from work when my wife call me b4 he block us.Too bad
    F.T.W

  17. #37

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    I thought i saw my work on his site ? No ? >>

    My original work here : http://www.nickgoh.com/wedding_anniversary_photoes.html

    Nick Goh

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Simei, Punggol Central
    Posts
    833

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    Quote Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
    I thought i saw my work on his site ? No ? >>

    My original work here : http://www.nickgoh.com/wedding_anniversary_photoes.html

    Nick Goh
    Oh no they look the same to me. Maybe he is a power photographer who he can take the exact moment for his assignment?
    He damn power. So many famous photographers involved.
    Why there is always such kuku doing such thing

    Haha On the other thought, JOHO think your photos are not good enough to be in there!
    Last edited by blurrblurr; 2nd August 2008 at 10:47 PM.

  19. #39
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    Quote Originally Posted by blurrblurr View Post
    Oh no they look the same to me. Maybe he is a power photographer who he can take the exact moment for his assignment?
    He damn power. So many famous photographers involved.
    Why there is always such kuku doing such thing

    Haha On the other thought, JOHO think your photos are not good enough to be in there!
    ahah this one np, in this case, i wish my photos bad bad bad baddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!

  20. #40

    Default Re: Need ur attention

    Quote Originally Posted by blurrblurr View Post
    Oh no they look the same to me. Maybe he is a power photographer who he can take the exact moment for his assignment?
    He damn power. So many famous photographers involved.
    Why there is always such kuku doing such thing

    Haha On the other thought, JOHO think your photos are not good enough to be in there!
    The best part when I saw our photo inside ,in my heart ,where the hell this photographer come from cause on that assignment ,only me and my partner..
    F.T.W

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •