Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Need ur attention

Default Re: Need ur attention

Have to ask Adobe or the like about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lancey View Post
    Have to ask Adobe or the like about it.

Can Adobe check from an image whether it is using pirated software or original software?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    Can Adobe check from an image whether it is using pirated software or original software?
    They should have the technology to trace photoshop watermark of digital image, including website that is build by dreamweaver.

I believe so. ..if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    They should have the technology to trace photoshop watermark of digital image, including website that is build by dreamweaver.
    Wow! If there is such a technology, wouldn't be dangerous? Imagine, Joe were to send all the images to adobe claiming he suspect the images are created using pirated software. Well, if all the photographers using original software, then nothing will happens. But what if those using pirated ones. .... Trying to imagine.

There is a new program/service that's in beta. It's called TinEye and it can look for your image on the web even though its be part of a montage. It's by invite only at the moment but looks extremely promising for checking if your images are misused.

http://tineye.com/

The Zohan.
    Last edited by Zohan; 5th August 2008 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azly Joihani View Post
    Hi,

I was too busy the last few days to actually keep track of the developments of this entire incident.For those reading this,i am one of the photographers affected by this whole thing. I did not get the chance to view the multiply site that is the question of debate but I was infd that some of my images were inside.

I have read the posts by the various members of ClubSnap. While the majority are in favour of seeing some form of punishment for this 'Joe' fella, there are still some who feel that we should be giving him a second chance.

Personally,if you want me to be honest,I am unhappy that Joe had taken my pictures without my permission and had used them to try and gain some returns for himself.It is wrong of him to do so and I am sure that all of you feel the same way too.

ABut if you want me to be practical and see this whole issue from a humanatarian point of view,I think he deserve a second chance.

Why I am saying this is because for one simple fact.I am a Police Officer and I see these kind of cases most of the time.This 'Joe' has personally sent me a message,offering his apologies.He has also apologised for his mistakes in this forum.I do not know and I cannot tell whether the person who sent me the message is the real culprit behind all these but what I do know is that,this person has the bravery and the heart to admit that it is his fault.Not many criminals will do that.He can choose to remain silent and just disappear,knowing fully well that it will be almost impossible to track him.He had also taken the step to bring down his multiply immediately when the incident broke out.

I am sure that as professional photographers,all of you had encountered the experience of having your images stolen and being used by other individuals.But did the culprit own up?This is not the first such case to happen but here we have,an 18 yr old guy who is admitting to his mistakes.

In my scope of work,such offenders will be pardoned and warned for their mistakes and I see with all the criticisms,threats and frustrations aimed at him,I can't help but feel that the punishment is more than enough.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt and I choose to accept his apology. I have given him my contact number and told him to call me if he wants to apologise to me personally over the phone.

I am currently training for my National Day Parade and I won't be able to join for the meetup organised by Fotoudavid. I have told my mentor,Le Photographe,about it.

Like the saying in this forum says,humans first n photographers second..I second that and I hope that you all will share my sentiments.
    Azly,

Your position of compassion is commendable. Our world needs more people like you.

However, in light of the undeniable things that have happened, I still stand by what I shared earlier in that the affected do not have to go all out for blood, report to the authorities and have this person burdened by a criminal record, IF in fact he is only 18, but on the other hand, he should not be allowed to get away scott free with just the embarassment and a slap on the wrist

CONSIDER....

What is crystal clear is that it appears he knows how to apologies and beg very well. In fact, he seems to be very good at it, giving the impression that he must have had a lot of practice before.

How sincere is his apology?

Afterall, talk is dirt cheap.

It's so cheap in fact, bear in mind the FACT that the so called 'Joe' used all his talk to try and lie again in his profuse apologies and to gain our compassion and trust.

Like I said, I don't believe in unleashing the full extent of the law on him, but at the same time, he should not go unpunished as that sets a precedence.

IF IF IF he is genuine, and has no money as he claims, and he provides all documents to prove that ALL his family as well is of lesser resources, I am sure the other affected parties will bear that in mind. Hopefully, they will give him a second chance by not taking this case to the authorities. That in itself IS already is one of the biggest chances he could ever get in life, if any.

Please do not be offended, but it may be that you do NOT make a living solely out of photography. Your family does not have to rely on the bread and butter you bring in from photography assignments, being a police officer, you have a constant source of income.

Some of the victims do have to sustain themselves and feed their children and families solely from the income they make from photography.

Some of them may be supporting their elderly parents, or another sick member of the family helping to pay for hospital or medical bills, or have other forms of burdens and hardship themselves.

I can assure you that there are photographers who already have a stack of outstanding bills just waiting for a decently paying assignment. Theirs is a life of sheer survival, and not luxury.

Photographers maintaining a full-time business with other partners and also maintaining a studio have even bigger burdens to consider.

When you look at the larger picture, only then does the gravity of the crimes become evident.

As a reasonable, compassionate and responsible adult, considering the ways in which Joe's criminal actions could negatively impact so many others who are merely trying to make an honest living and feed their families, do you still feel it is wise letting Joe go without any form of tangible punishment?
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 5th August 2008 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Azly,

Your position of compassion is commendable. Our world needs more people like you.

However, in light of the undeniable things that have happened, I still stand by what I shared earlier in that the affected do not have to go all out for blood, report to the authorities and have this person burdened by a criminal record, IF in fact he is only 18, but on the other hand, he should not be allowed to get away scott free with just the embarassment and a slap on the wrist

CONSIDER....

What is crystal clear is that it appears he knows how to apologies and beg very well. In fact, he seems to be very good at it, giving the impression that he must have had a lot of practice before.

How sincere is his apology?

Afterall, talk is dirt cheap.

It's so cheap in fact, bear in mind the FACT that the so called 'Joe' used all his talk to try and lie again in his profuse apologies and to gain our compassion and trust.

Like I said, I don't believe in unleashing the full extent of the law on him, but at the same time, he should not go unpunished as that sets a precedence.

IF IF IF he is genuine, and has no money as he claims, and he provides all documents to prove that ALL his family as well is of lesser resources, I am sure the other affected parties will bear that in mind. Hopefully, they will give him a second chance by not taking this case to the authorities. That in itself IS already is one of the biggest chances he could ever get in life, if any.

Please do not be offended, but it may be that you do NOT make a living solely out of photography. Your family does not have to rely on the bread and butter you bring in from photography assignments, being a police officer, you have a constant source of income.

Some of the victims do have to sustain themselves and feed their children and families solely from the income they make from photography.

Some of them may be supporting their elderly parents, or another sick member of the family helping to pay for hospital or medical bills, or have other forms of burdens and hardship themselves.

I can assure you that there are photographers who already have a stack of outstanding bills just waiting for a decently paying assignment. Theirs is a life of sheer survival, and not luxury.

Photographers maintaining a full-time business with other partners and also maintaining a studio have even bigger burdens to consider.

When you look at the larger picture, only then does the gravity of the crimes become evident.

As a reasonable, compassionate and responsible adult, considering the ways in which Joe's criminal actions could negatively impact so many others who are merely trying to make an honest living and feed their families, do you still feel it is wise letting Joe go without any form of tangible punishment?
    Well,how often do you hear people asking for forgiveness in here?I have read about how other photographers' works are stolen but I have never seen an apology.

Even with my mentor,Le Photographe.I believe he had his works stolen before but I do not think there was an apology.

I know that talk is cheap and actions are always louder but in this instance,the fact that this 'Joe' has came out to apologise says it all for me.Like I said,I have not seen anyone else who has done any confession like this before.

Is there any thread in ClubSnap where the culprit came forward to apologise after stealing others photographs?Please enlighten me if I am wrong.

Yes,I am a police officer and I know that it is my job to ensure that such actions by 'Joe' are not accepted.

But I have checked it out with my pals with regards to this case.Copyright law is very vast and according to one of my friends(he is a reliable source of knowledge for me),when a photographer takes a photograph,the copyright of the photo belongs to the person or the couple in the photograph.

I am looking at the big picture and I totally understand that most of the outstanding photographers affected by this whole thing depend on their photographs for a living. "Some of them may be supporting their elderly parents, or another sick member of the family helping to pay for hospital or medical bills, or have other forms of burdens and hardship themselves."

I totally understand that and I feel the bitterness with what 'Joe' did. But like in my previous thread,he took down the site and in multiply,his reputation is ruined.'Joe' has came out to apologise and I don't care if he's the real culprit.All I know is that there is an apology.Someone has came out to apologise for the mistakes and that is enough.You do not see this everyday.

This is the first of its kind here and guys,the precedence is already set. From a compassionate point of view,if you see the after effects of the whole thing,I personally think you will not condone with severe actions for the guy.

Cos from my experience as an officer,with all the threats and hostilities,I will not be surprise if this fella chooses not to face the affected parties and apologise.My mentor,had told me that he will be meeting 'Joe' as arranged by Fotoudavid.But he will be scared out of his wits after reading the threads.

I am not speaking up for the fella,'Joe' but neither do I approve of his actions. I am a victim but sometimes,a bit of empathy will go a long way.I am having a baby soon and like my missus always say,good will be rewarded and the bad,they'll have their day.

I'm sure 'Joe' will have his and when that day comes,I do not want to be a part of it..

Cheers
    EOS 5D . 10-22 . 24-70 . 70-200 f4 IS USM . 580EX II

hmmm.. interesting...

a wrong-doing is a wrong-doing.. but a judgement on punishment can vary.

He has stolen, apologised but lied and looks like someone who can write well. This shows his mental capacity.

He also may have lied to clients, both prospective and confirmed clients, (we don't know how many cos he can also lie again) and as such, can be accused of cheating or fooling his clients.

Coming upfront to apologise and lie again doesn't make him any better than those who steal and keep quiet.

What he should do is to perhaps make a newspaper apology( to both photogs who got rip and to the clients he spoke to) so that we know who he is and he sincerely regret about doing it.

Cheers!
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

One point - if you look around overseas forums, you will see that 'being a man and owning up' is generally applauded.

I am sure Joe is 'well-read', as also noticed by Razor, and have picked up this useful technique - come out, pretend to be a 'man', own up and apologise and hope that he can get away scott free.

As regards the issue of copyrights and intellectual property rights, since I am not a lawyer, I would actually check with a lawyer versed in these matters, and not anyone else, regardless of how well-meaning friends and associates may be.

I'm sorry, and without prejudice nor offense, but I do not think the full scope of what sort of impact and precedence all this has set for working professionals has been grasped, especially if 'Joe' is allowed to get away without some form of tangible punishment.

Also, for the record, please allow me to state as fact that I do not know this 'Joe', nor do I personally know any of the victims or have any business dealings of a photographic nature with the said victims*, and have no vested interest in this case. I am merely an outside observer, and as such, may be in a better position to offer unbiased opinion.

Edit to add: I am not aware of the full list of victims.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 5th August 2008 at 10:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Well,how often do you hear people asking for forgiveness in here?I have read about how other photographers' works are stolen but I have never seen an apology.

Even with my mentor,Le Photographe.I believe he had his works stolen before but I do not think there was an apology.

I know that talk is cheap and actions are always louder but in this instance,the fact that this 'Joe' has came out to apologise says it all for me.Like I said,I have not seen anyone else who has done any confession like this before.

Is there any thread in ClubSnap where the culprit came forward to apologise after stealing others photographs?Please enlighten me if I am wrong.

Yes,I am a police officer and I know that it is my job to ensure that such actions by 'Joe' are not accepted.

But I have checked it out with my pals with regards to this case.Copyright law is very vast and according to one of my friends(he is a reliable source of knowledge for me),when a photographer takes a photograph,the copyright of the photo belongs to the person or the couple in the photograph.

I am looking at the big picture and I totally understand that most of the outstanding photographers affected by this whole thing depend on their photographs for a living. "Some of them may be supporting their elderly parents, or another sick member of the family helping to pay for hospital or medical bills, or have other forms of burdens and hardship themselves."

I totally understand that and I feel the bitterness with what 'Joe' did. But like in my previous thread,he took down the site and in multiply,his reputation is ruined.'Joe' has came out to apologise and I don't care if he's the real culprit.All I know is that there is an apology.Someone has came out to apologise for the mistakes and that is enough.You do not see this everyday.

This is the first of its kind here and guys,the precedence is already set. From a compassionate point of view,if you see the after effects of the whole thing,I personally think you will not condone with severe actions for the guy.

Cos from my experience as an officer,with all the threats and hostilities,I will not be surprise if this fella chooses not to face the affected parties and apologise.My mentor,had told me that he will be meeting 'Joe' as arranged by Fotoudavid.But he will be scared out of his wits after reading the threads.

I am not speaking up for the fella,'Joe' but neither do I approve of his actions. I am a victim but sometimes,a bit of empathy will go a long way.I am having a baby soon and like my missus always say,good will be rewarded and the bad,they'll have their day.

I'm sure 'Joe' will have his and when that day comes,I do not want to be a part of it..

Cheers
    from the item in bold and red, we know that your friend is an unreliable source of information.

sO in the end no one get to meet Joe?

A hunch feeling that this fellow still lying. =/

If everythings goes well, will settle fast.
    Hope to see this thread locked after all settled.

Locked but dun delete, serve as it is to show.

I know the next seminar direction liao.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

,when a photographer takes a photograph,the copyright of the photo belongs to the person or the couple in the photograph.
    Was mentioned before by Vince123 I believe...with regards to wedding photography portfolios. If that's the case, then this case here reminds me of the Odex case where the IP belongs to somebody else.
    Last edited by lancey; 5th August 2008 at 10:32 PM.

I disagree with your source....sure he is reliable? A photo taken in the public area, the rights belongs to the photographers. Others please correct if my understanding is wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    from the item in bold and red, we know that your friend is an unreliable source of information.
    Ortega is right. The advice given pertaining to the ownership of copyrights is inaccurate and a lawsuit waiting to happen if this sort of inaccurate information is disseminated without a proper understanding of the context. The ownership/lease of copyrights is also determined by the contract signed between subject and photographer.

vince123123
    Guests

Copyright vests in the photographer by default, unless it is a commissioned work, in which case it vests in the commissioner by default, unless agreed otherwise.

Too much misinformation going around here :P

Quote Originally Posted by lancey View Post
    Was mentioned before by Vince123 I believe...with regards to wedding photography portfolios. If that's the case, then this case here reminds me of the Odex case where the IP belongs to somebody else.

Update:

Supposed to meet today, due to ritexposure see his calendar wrongly, he is suppose to have class today, so meeting up with him was scheduled to tomorrow same time same place.

All affected parties involved are been informed.

Regards
    David Lim
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Update:

Supposed to meet today, due to ritexposure see his calendar wrongly, he is suppose to have class today, so meeting up with him was scheduled to tomorrow same time same place.

All affected parties involved are been informed.

Regards
    David Lim
    as of now, i think meeting up with the affected parties would be of more importance.
    see calendar wrongly, or stalling for time, or dont intend to meet at all?
    that i don't know.

just being kaypo lah.
    tempatation greets me like a naughty friend.
    http://nurwafah.deviantart.com

Update:

Ritexposure PMed me, stating he hopes that all photographers let him off, as he really gains nothing at all. And he stated he was afraid to meet up today, as he afraid's that all involved will gang up against him.

I have informed all involve in today's meetup not to be there. He have yet to reply me thru PM and sms.

As dun wanna waste ppl's precious time, i will stop all arrangment with him. He had wasted ppl's effort, time and work. He does not appreciate what i have gone thru, hoping to settle fast and helping him, he choose to turn away.

My trust for this guy was below sea level.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast