Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58

Thread: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Was just reading up on these 2 models and may be getting the Omnia.

    The more I read sammy888's post the more interested I am in getting the phone ( signs of the BBB virus starting ), that is till he started talking about the Touch Pro and the X1 ............... now not sure liow.

    Do I want to get the Omnia or should I wait for sammy888's "review" of the Touch Pro/X1? Do I need to get a new phone/PDA at all?

    Man, I gotto stay away from sammy888
    Last edited by yqt; 7th August 2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: typo error
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  2. #42
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by mapper48 View Post
    Thanks John
    2. Chinese software - is this suppose to come with the phone or I have to purchase it. I thought it was suppose to come with the phone.
    For 2, think you should be able to read but for input, need the latest ROM but only limited to Simplified Chinese. What is your ROM version? The latest should be DXHG4.

    Last edited by John Teoh; 7th August 2008 at 12:59 PM.

  3. #43
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond


  4. #44
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Was just reading up on these 2 models and may be getting the Omnia.

    The more I read sammy888's post the more interested I am in getting the phone ( signs of the BBB virus starting ), that is till he started talking about the Touch Pro and the X1 ............... now not sure liow.

    Do I want to get the Omnia or should I wait for sammy888's "review" of the Touch Pro/X1? Do I need to get a new phone/PDA at all?

    Man, I gotto stay away from sammy888

    OUI OUI OUI!!!! Don't blame me for your BBB hor. heheh Let's get this straight...I have no link to your wallets...so if your fingers itchy....that is your own devil self telling you to be naughty heheheh...

    The Omnia is a good phone but well...my urge to rush and buy has been dampen down after 3 weeks plus of looking. Ultimately, there will always be a new phone or whatever down the road. We just have to know when to call it quits and buy one at that period leh. I tend to do that.....so you should not follow me heheh...it's scary.

    There are already reviews on the Touch Pro and the X1 on You Tube leh. I have the luxury of time since I am not really trying to buy a phone. If I did, I long time bought it already or still to my present clunker which is already 6 yrs old. IU buy and keep long long long camera or bike or whatever heh. So if you like to change every 1/2 yr or so...you waiting on the wrong guy heheh...

    You should ask John Teoh here...until recently then I know he is damn active with the PPCSG forum which is into all the mobile phone and other nice tech toys thingy heheheh

  5. #45
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    You should ask John Teoh here...until recently then I know he is damn active with the PPCSG forum which is into all the mobile phone and other nice tech toys thingy heheheh
    OUI OUI OUI!!! I only active there to talk rot only... Anyway PPCSG only mainly for WM device and not all mobile phones.

  6. #46
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh View Post
    OUI OUI OUI!!! I only active there to talk rot only... Anyway PPCSG only mainly for WM device and not all mobile phones.

  7. #47
    Member/Tangshooter mapper48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Joo Chiat Place
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Was just reading up on these 2 models and may be getting the Omnia.

    The more I read sammy888's post the more interested I am in getting the phone ( signs of the BBB virus starting ), that is till he started talking about the Touch Pro and the X1 ............... now not sure liow.

    Do I want to get the Omnia or should I wait for sammy888's "review" of the Touch Pro/X1? Do I need to get a new phone/PDA at all?

    Man, I gotto stay away from sammy888
    First we must back up each other and "blame" sammy888 for getting us into this trouble. (haha)

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh View Post
    For 2, think you should be able to read but for input, need the latest ROM but only limited to Simplified Chinese. What is your ROM version? The latest should be DXHG4.
    I think mine is still DXHG2.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh View Post
    Thanks, is it safe to download the latest ROM version for Omnia? Please advice.


    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    OUI OUI OUI!!!! Don't blame me for your BBB hor. heheh Let's get this straight...I have no link to your wallets...so if your fingers itchy....that is your own devil self telling you to be naughty heheheh...

    The Omnia is a good phone but well...my urge to rush and buy has been dampen down after 3 weeks plus of looking. Ultimately, there will always be a new phone or whatever down the road. We just have to know when to call it quits and buy one at that period leh. I tend to do that.....so you should not follow me heheh...it's scary.

    There are already reviews on the Touch Pro and the X1 on You Tube leh. I have the luxury of time since I am not really trying to buy a phone. If I did, I long time bought it already or still to my present clunker which is already 6 yrs old. IU buy and keep long long long camera or bike or whatever heh. So if you like to change every 1/2 yr or so...you waiting on the wrong guy heheh...

    You should ask John Teoh here...until recently then I know he is damn active with the PPCSG forum which is into all the mobile phone and other nice tech toys thingy heheheh
    Ya lor hor, you get me to buy then you wait for new phone ah! then you can say, "see I got the new one you guys don't have", is that it huh. hehehe
    Nikon D700 | Nikkor 18~200mm | 105mm | 24~70mm | SB800

  8. #48
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by mapper48 View Post
    Ya lor hor, you get me to buy then you wait for new phone ah! then you can say, "see I got the new one you guys don't have", is that it huh. hehehe
    OUI!!...you read my first message carefully hor... I mentioned I am waiting the next month or so first and if the phone I mentioned does a no show...I would maybe get the Omnia. My August and Sept(if wait for new about the X1) not over yet hor heheh

    Plus how the hell I know you so kiasi jump the gun and buy within days??!! heheheh....you premature fire off one round leh ...I still have not cork my firing pin yet heheh
    Last edited by sammy888; 7th August 2008 at 02:41 PM.

  9. #49
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by mapper48 View Post
    Thanks, is it safe to download the latest ROM version for Omnia? Please advice.
    Should be. I read that some people have successfully upgraded their ROM like this. If you still not sure, then might want to consider sending to the service centre.

  10. #50
    Member/Tangshooter mapper48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Joo Chiat Place
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    OUI!!...you read my first message carefully hor... I mentioned I am waiting the next month or so first and if the phone I mentioned does a no show...I would maybe get the Omnia. My August and Sept(if wait for new about the X1) not over yet hor heheh

    Plus how the hell I know you so kiasi jump the gun and buy within days??!! heheheh....you premature fire off one round leh ...I still have not cork my firing pin yet heheh
    Cannot lah, too excited lei, so how now. No choice already lah, must carry the baby. You didn't give me enough protection for this leh, so still must blame you. hehehe
    Nikon D700 | Nikkor 18~200mm | 105mm | 24~70mm | SB800

  11. #51

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh View Post
    thanks dude, you da man, but why people complaint samsung cannot upgrade via internet?
    Objection !!!

  12. #52

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by mapper48 View Post
    I can't see the picture. Please help

    i also dunno why, anyway here's the link :


    http://s2u2.ppc-theme.com/

    the site very funny , you need to click on back to view more theme..
    Objection !!!

  13. #53
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by mapper48 View Post
    Cannot lah, too excited lei, so how now. No choice already lah, must carry the baby. You didn't give me enough protection for this leh, so still must blame you. hehehe
    Let me tell you about another "world" that is happening with all this mobile phone thingy..if you don't already know. And you can still do this if you want. There are people out there who would buy your phone brand new or close to brand new meaning less then a week or even a month. As a no-contract buyers ( like me ) we have the chance to buy phones from people who took a new phone with their contract..so they make some money selling off the phone and keep their contract. Most are doing a re-contract in any case so they might still be using their same old phone or...buy a cheaper phone to use while they get a higher end phone and sell it in the reseller market (that's legal of cos) They call this " You sign, I buy your phone, You name your price" tactic.

    The Omnia is one of the few phone at THIS POINT in time you can get about $850 for it from someone who wants to buy it brand new as oppose to paying $1000 for it on the open market. So abit of saving for them. Once you sell it for say $800..you can eye the more expensive models you want hehe...just top up abit more. So if you are creative and do your research and get your timing correct, you could end up with spare cash and a new contract for your old phone or you can get a phone of your choice from the 3 telco and have a contract ( what you just did) and be happy with it or sell the new phone away afer signing a new contract and use that cash to buy another phone that is not offered at a super low price wit a contract ...now you buy it without a contract like me or maybe even a second-hand phone that is not in the market or none of the telco offer it with contract.

    Some phones comes out already cheap and some are so new and in demand, pricing is stable and will not fall so fast. the Omnia is one of them...the Diamond is not bad too. So...if you play your cards right and you time it just right...you get to do a little cha cha in between hehe..like play with the Omnia for a while then sell it off for another and make some money. But that window is closing soon now. Once the iPhone hit the market, the touch Pro or the X1 all whack the market...your Omnia will take a nose dive really quick.

    And if that happens by the end of August and still no sign of the X1 or the Touch Pro...I hate it but if I really really have to buy the damn Omnia..I will be paying WAY LESS!...and I might not mind a second hand one month old one from you if you sell it really low hahahahahahah....with a little patience...you can't lose every which way.
    Last edited by sammy888; 7th August 2008 at 06:34 PM.

  14. #54
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    thanks dude, you da man, but why people complaint samsung cannot upgrade via internet?
    Only now then they start to let people download and upgrade the device. My i780 has to send to their service center to upgrade the ROM for the last two times.

  15. #55
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh View Post
    Only now then they start to let people download and upgrade the device. My i780 has to send to their service center to upgrade the ROM for the last two times.
    You know I almost bought the i780 after seeing you poking around with yours during PhotoAid heheh...

  16. #56

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    warning: do not upgrade your i900 to G4 via the internet, lot of bugs!!!!

    http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com....php?t=2049822
    http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showtopic=101064&st=120

    too late liao, my i900 now buggy...............

    Objection !!!

  17. #57
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    You know I almost bought the i780 after seeing you poking around with yours during PhotoAid heheh...
    Should tempt you that time

  18. #58
    Member/Tangshooter mapper48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Joo Chiat Place
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Omnia vs HTC Diamond

    Push up for those who are considering PDA phones

    Hope this helps

    Nikon D700 | Nikkor 18~200mm | 105mm | 24~70mm | SB800

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •