Thread: "I Love Singapore" Photo Contest - One Unexpectedly Challenging Theme???

Default "I Love Singapore" Photo Contest - One Unexpectedly Challenging Theme???

Hi,

I saw this photo contest:
    http://www.phlook.com/contests/ils2008/contest.aspx

Decent prizes. Sounds easy at first but when I tried, it seems more challenging than I thought!!!

Anyone has any good suggestions?

Default Re: "I Love Singapore" Photo Contest - One Unexpectedly Challenging Theme???

Pardon me but it look bogus. =p
    hahaha..

whats so challenging about it?? Care to elaborate?

Default Re: "I Love Singapore" Photo Contest - One Unexpectedly Challenging Theme???

Just find it difficult to think of something relevant to shoot ... you find such a theme easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Legoz View Post
    Pardon me but it look bogus. =p
    hahaha..

whats so challenging about it?? Care to elaborate?

It appears to be a photo-sharing site. How does one tell if a contest is bogus?
    looking for buttery smooth bokeh...

Its the fonts and the design and the web address..
    Someting tells me that its hastily put together.
    The prizes also are not sponsered by the respective comapnies...i.e Nikon and SOny combine to sponser the contest??
    Lastly, to view entries, u must log in... Hmmm..
    I might be wrong though....
    Well, there are lots of 'Singapore' theme contest out there nowadays due to the upcoming national day...i think lets reserve our photos for one of those bah.

either very very amateur or totally bogus....agree with all the earlier comments.

its based on voting. any tom dick and harry can upload his own photo, and vote countlessly for his own photo to win. :/

Quote Originally Posted by liionel View Post
    its based on voting. any tom dick and harry can upload his own photo, and vote countlessly for his own photo to win. :/
    Then maybe i should join...
    hahahahahah..............i wanna see the prizes first.

ok, after all these talks, Legoz is considering joining ???? Ha ha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by liionel View Post
    looks like the same toms, dicks and harrys are having a good time clicking on the on many good photos, i wonder how good is the so call "Justice Bot"

ya. quite hilarious to see 30 thumbs up "equated" by 30 thumbs down.

anyway, I saw this. thot i'd share it...

http://www.todayonline.com/pdf_open.asp?id=0608ENC040

It's 6 Aug 2008.
    looking for buttery smooth bokeh...

Hahaha.. just for fun I entered the contest with this shot below, got 22 thumbs up and 19 thumbs down.. so now I give up liao..

Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    Hahaha.. just for fun I entered the contest with this shot below, got 22 thumbs up and 19 thumbs down.. so now I give up liao..

19THUMBS DOWN? ridiculous!.
    tempatation greets me like a naughty friend.
    http://nurwafah.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by lustlab View Post
    19THUMBS DOWN? ridiculous!.
    The shot is excellent, but it's irrelevant to the theme. In what way is the photo portraying "I love Singapore"?

Blog Entries

This forum here is to announce events not for coffeshop talk

thrread closed