I would like to share my recent work in creating studio-like backgrounds in PS from ordinary photos.
1. This is the photo I started with. It is a closeup of a rose I took a few weeks back. The photo is not all that interesting to look at:
2. I took the photo and performed the following steps on it in PS:
- removed the water drops using the healing brush
- adjusted the levels to increase contrast
- applied slight Gaussian blurring
- added canvas texture effect
And here's the result:
3. Here I have a photo of a sweet baby girl. however, the background is uninteresting.
4. So I went on to replace the background with the rose background that I have created above. The steps are:
- open both pictures in PS
- rotate the backgound picture 90 degrees CCW.
- copy the picture of the baby onto a second layer on top of the rose background
- carefully erase the original backgournd on the second layer to reveal the rose background underneath. For more details on the background removal, refer to these threads:
- after removing the original background, apply softening to the top layer, as well as spot light effect on the background.
So, here's the final result:
Thanks for viewing. Your comments are all welcomed!