Thread: Are full-time professional photographers suppose to have a resume?

Default Are full-time professional photographers suppose to have a resume?

Usually it's the portfolio that counts, but what if the client specifically ask for a resume

Default Re: Are full-time professional photographers suppose to have a resume?

Everyone should have a resume when applying for a job and that includes a photographer as well.

Blog Entries

For resumes, it is impt to remember to cater it to the job/ client you are pitching to. Its good to have a generic one but fine tune and highlight aspects that the client might consider essential to the success of their project.

I recently helped some friends vetted some resumes and noticed they like to overload the resume. It is not an exercise of excess. Highlight why the client should trust you with the job and how you can contribute with your experience. Don bore the client with the amount of work you have done (especially when the work is irrelevant)

Ask close friends to assume the role of the client and read your resume. Proofreading is always a good idea.
    Last edited by sebastiansong; 1st August 2008 at 11:29 PM.

A resume is a must beside the photographer own portfolio. This is what I assess when I recruit my photographers.
    UK HMS Photojournalist

good question, i don't have one. well i do, when i wanted to apply for accounts/banking/finance positions last time.....................................

does that count??????

I used to have one.

That was a long time ago................

Maybe I have to do one now.

I used to have a complete 'ready' resume. But that was years ago. It would take great effort to recall how to get one done.