Thread: Advice needed on taking car photo.

Default Advice needed on taking car photo.

Hi,

Wish to seek some advice on taking cars photo, the location will be taken at a indoor showroom, some shots of interior is need to be taken.

Hope can get some advice what to look out for.

Thanks

Default Re: Advice needed on taking car photo.

watch out for unsightly reflections.... if someone or some things need not be there, 'get rid' of them ...and those showroom lights..watch how they fall on your cars

Sounds like a commissioned shoot.

What exactly did your client request for, and what is the final output of the photos?

While I am not a car shooter, I can offer the advise that in any assignment or shoot, paid or not, objectives, requirements and knowing the final output/usage will determine requirements and how to go about forming an operational plan.

All the best for your endeavor.

thanks for the advice...

am just helping out a friend to take the picture hope everything will turn out good, cos im still very newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by skylinz View Post
    thanks for the advice...

am just helping out a friend to take the picture hope everything will turn out good, cos im still very newbie.
    Hi there,

Doing car photography in a showroom is a major challenge. Aside from reflections, you need to nail the exposure spot on. If in doubt, bracket.

I've seen pretty successful HDR, but don't overdo it.

If possible, get a assistant. Do a review on your laptop/PC. Reshoot if necessary. Personally, I would stick the camera onto a tripod and work on the scene.