Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mass Advice needed!! I got cheated by dishonest 300D seller!

Default Re: Mass Advice needed!! I got cheated by dishonest 300D seller!

Dear all Clubsnap and other Forum members and administrators,

I am the seller of the 300D to Derrick. Right now i am using another account to write this post as my previous account had been suspended.

I truly understand what had happen between myself and derrick for selling a really poor condition camera to derrick.

Thus i am sincerely sorry for what had happen and i am willing to apologise and compensate the full amount of what derrick had given me back to him for unknowingly selling him a bad conditioned cam.

Tks Derrick for helping me to explain in the previous post.

In addition to that, i would like to apologise to all other forum members and admininstators for the unecessary disturbance caused due to extreme miscommmunication. I will settle this asap with derrick and i hope that i can be given a chance for the mistake i had committed.

I had truly and really learnt a lesson after this.

Dear administrators, Could i kindly request that this thread and other related threads to this issue or sensitive info can be deleted and prevented from spreading due to my personnal info which had caused a great havor to my daily life. I am really not a dishonest seller but i just unknowingly committed this mistake. Very very sorry to everyone.

Dear administrators, you may also close my other threads if you want to. Tks administrators.

Lastly, Please kindly forgive me for committing this mistake and i hope derrick will also forgive.

Regards

To all members again,

I am also an organiser for photoshooting sessions....and i know some members here know about my upcoming august events.

Due to this unexpected situation, i decided to cancel all my events....as i understand that the trust on me does not exist anymore. Anyway, no members had signed up yet. So no worries.

Once again...my greatest apologies...

Regards

outsider
    Guests

Hi all,
    All the problems will be solved tml.
    I hereby apologize to any1 for IF i have caused a spam.

I have forgive Bryan as i learned to be extremely careful in buying a sec hand cam in future.

Therefore there will be no further discussion on this issue from now on.

I hope all forum mates can provide me great assistance in term of photography in future.

Thanks All.

I'll reserved my comments till tomorrow when there's an update on this.

i will await for the updates on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Do let us know on the updates for this, especially if you don't get your money back. I'll provide some legal options for you to consider if that turns out to be the case.

Down with cheats.
    wha............................

if only i asked u earlier help me tekan my idiot car dealer...

To all members,

I will be meeting up Derrick today at 2pm to refund back the money he had given me....truly apologise again for the mistake i had committed.

Sorry about that

Regards,

hope is just an honest mistake.
    after seeing quite a no of buyer and seller problems over at hwz and vrzone, would be gd if cs sellers least try to be as honest as possible.

Tks Simon_84 for your understanding.....

I will do whatever i can to try and solve this problem.

But i hope that all members out there can believe me that i am not a dishonest seller. This is the first time i am doing a transaction also.
    So i not sure what is the guidelines to follow.

Regards

Reading through the posts here I've got mixed feelings. I've not sold or bought second hand a lot of camera or optical equipment, but I've sell and buy second hand electronic notebooks semi-frequently elsewhere, e.g. I change notebooks at least once a year and sell of the old ones, and I'm a gadget nut when it comes to handphones, PDAs etc.

Upon reading through this thread, what goes in mind again is caveat emptor. While there's always the possibility of outright and conscious dishonesty in a second hand transaction, there're also possiiblities that the seller is ignorant and/or buyer expectations exceed that of the product specification and over-optimistic assumption of condition.

E.g. everytime I sell my second hand notebook, I take care to check through its condition properly but there's always the risk that I'll miss something. For instance, I sold a 9 month old lightly-used notebook earlier this year. There was a, in my opinion, tiny bit of corrosion on the edge of a S-Video port that hadn't been used. Not sure if it was corrosion even but the buyer said it was and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. And in view of it, he asked for a on-the-spot cash discount ($50? Can't remember for sure) even though the price had been already agreed upon. I gave in as I was myself surprised as I'd not used the S-Video port before so had paid no attention to it.

To the buyer's credit he was polite but in my opinion, a $50 quantum was a little too much to ask for and especially as I was selling the branded notebook at less than half-price with warranty left still. After that sale was completed, I kept my fingers crossed hoping he'd not come back with other complaints or the unit somehow doesn't work after he's brought it back. There was no further communication, so I'm assuming my checking was thorough otherwise.

And speaking of which, of the eight second hand notebooks I've sold in the last 7 years, four of those sales each time the buyer asked for on-the-spot discounts, and all four times I consented. Nice guy, or a weakling take your pick.

My point? I'm not condoning outright dishonesty though. But I think there's some measure of give and take. Sometimes the seller does miss things, and sometimes the buyer could, just that possibly, be expecting condition that isn't realistic.

That's just my opinion, so no offence intended. Sorry for the long post, but just sharing my experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by modelmodelling View Post
    Tks Simon_84 for your understanding.....

I will do whatever i can to try and solve this problem.

But i hope that all members out there can believe me that i am not a dishonest seller. This is the first time i am doing a transaction also.
    So i not sure what is the guidelines to follow.

Regards
    the guidelines is same as per hwz or vrzone dealings.
    do a careful check on the item you're selling before giving it a rating.
    overating the product you're selling is the worst thing that can happen, in some cases like this, you can be describe as an dishonest seller.
    because in CS we do not have a blacklist of sellers/buyers in hwz or the itrader system like vrzone (friends can vote for one another), so far the dealings in CS here is still pretty decent.

but to be honest, when it comes to dealings with single/double digit posters, i'll be very careful to check their post so as to see whether they are just here to do deals only especially b&s.

oh yah, dont forget some of the mods here in CS are also mods in hwz and vrzone so basically the internet circle is a rather small world you see...

but is gd enough since the seller decides to pay back the full amount to TS.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 30th July 2008 at 10:02 AM.

Dear all Clubsnap and other Forum members and administrators,

I am the seller of the 300D to Derrick. Right now i am using another account to write this post as my previous account had been suspended.

I truly understand what had happen between myself and derrick for selling a really poor condition camera to derrick.

Thus i am sincerely sorry for what had happen and i am willing to apologise and compensate the full amount of what derrick had given me back to him for unknowingly selling him a bad conditioned cam.

Tks Derrick for helping me to explain in the previous post.

In addition to that, i would like to apologise to all other forum members and admininstators for the unecessary disturbance caused due to extreme miscommmunication. I will settle this asap with derrick and i hope that i can be given a chance for the mistake i had committed.

I had truly and really learnt a lesson after this.

Dear administrators, Could i kindly request that this thread and other related threads to this issue or sensitive info can be deleted and prevented from spreading due to my personnal info which had caused a great havor to my daily life. I am really not a dishonest seller but i just unknowingly committed this mistake. Very very sorry to everyone.

Dear administrators, you may also close my other threads if you want to. Tks administrators.

Lastly, Please kindly forgive me for committing this mistake and i hope derrick will also forgive.

Regards
    yeah, what about you compensate the TS for wasting his time and infringing upon his trust. hardly quantifiable but if you are truly sincere about your apology, you should know what to do.

i like giving ppl the benefit of the doubt but it seems extremely incredulous to me that you 'unknowingly (sold) him a bad conditioned cam'. you've got to blind to notice the lines caused by fungus in your pictures. i suggest that if you want to be taken seriously, please start by being completely honest. otherwise i don't see why others should give characters like you a break.

To Changster

I am not a pro in camera stuff and i really do not know about the fungus in the camera. I swear i really don't know about it as i just tt it was some dust sort which can be clean up easily. Upon hearing from derrick this problem, i immediately voiced out to compensate the entire cleaning service fees for him initially....till the end i realised that it is non removeable and i decided to refund the entire amount back to derrick.

I really don't meant to sell a bad conditioned camera to derrick but i really do not know about the seriousness of the dirt in the camera. Thus now i am ready to compensate back to derrick.

vince123123
    Guests

Hehe, feel free to post a thread next time in Kopitiam so we can all provide our inputs

What happened in your case?

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    wha............................

if only i asked u earlier help me tekan my idiot car dealer...

This thread should not be closed, locked, or deleted.

Consider this a impassioned appeal by me to let this example serve as a case study for anyone who wishes to deal with equipment on Clubsnap. Let this incident be a reminder to all buyers and potential buyers and a warning to all who wish to sell their gear online.

I do not see the reason for burying this issue by obliterating all traces of it. It is just wrong, like the Japanese government wanting to erase all mention of Japanese atrocities committed during WWII in their school textbooks. Only by acknowledging, being open with your mistakes and pledging repentance can the accused regain his trust in the community. Covering up would mean diminishing the awareness of the community, and we are back to square one on the issue of caveat emptor in Clubsnap.

There were several exchanges between the accused and the plaintiff that need to be singled out, in my opinion that they are missteps to dealing with the issue justly.

Call a spade a spade. Do not attempt to imply wrong or seed doubt by using words that may be ambiguous to some people. The plaintiff who was the starter of this thread had relented on being promised a full refund. In doing so he has appealed against all the posts by concerned forumers by labelling them as "spam", presumably borrowing the words of the accused.

According to dictionary.com, the definition of 'spam' is 'a disruptive, esp. commercial message posted on a computer network or sent as e-mail'.

There exists no spam in this thread, period. In my opinion both the plaintiff and the accused are in this instance, intentionally or otherwise, attempting to resolve the matter by deeming what our forumers have written on this thread as ethically suspect by falsely labelling their words as 'spam'. The comments in this thread have been fair and just and there have been no vicious, judgmental comments so far. The comments have not infringed upon the legal rights of the accused and I plea that they are allowed to stand on their own without having unfair criticism brought upon constructive, helpful comments.

Do not attempt to misquote yourself. The accused (seller of the camera) had stated that the camera he was trying to sell (to the plaintiff) was of the highest condition (10/10). His plea of ingnorance in this thread must be taken in good perspective, given the Clubsnap guidelines are well-drawn such that even first-time buyers/sellers should not have any issues with understanding and adhering to them. Furthermore, the comments in this thread have revealed the inconsistencies in the accused's statements and are powerful in contributing to the understanding of the truth of this matter. Such threads develop into something substantially instrumental in being a warning to the community at large, and should be left unedited. I suggest this thread be converted to a Sticky.

Given how young Singaporeans care greatly about freedom of speech and from censorship from the government, it would be regrettable if a decision was made to lock/delete this thread and leave the information herein any less than its entirety. I appeal to the administrators and moderators of this forum to strongly consider the option of keeping this thread open and alive and I trust that fairness, justice and good sense will prevail and be passed on with the presence of this thread in the forum.
    Last edited by deejaykyle; 30th July 2008 at 11:01 AM.

may i suggest this thread to be sticky, like some sort of case study for newbie seller and buyer? since the seller had apologised and will refund the buyer (if not TS can always start a new thread), lets give benefit of doubt to both parties. let not beat the dead dog and move on.

remember, here in cs, we have lots of csi, dont try to be funny when $$$ is involve. else identity will be exposed like the seller in this case.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

To Changster

I am not a pro in camera stuff and i really do not know about the fungus in the camera. I swear i really don't know about it as i just tt it was some dust sort which can be clean up easily. Upon hearing from derrick this problem, i immediately voiced out to compensate the entire cleaning service fees for him initially....till the end i realised that it is non removeable and i decided to refund the entire amount back to derrick.

I really don't meant to sell a bad conditioned camera to derrick but i really do not know about the seriousness of the dirt in the camera. Thus now i am ready to compensate back to derrick.

keh poh a bit..i think bryan has doing a right think and he is really courage enough to apology to the buyer and willing to compensate according.

i don understand why the forum is overdoing about the case and make it sound so heat. the case could be truly a mis comm. what i can see is at least seller is not running away from buyer, we should however give ppl some chance and benefit of doubt.

i am being neutral and not trying to side any party. this is my 2 cents worth input.
    KIM & PPY
    Black Camp F100,D90, AFD 35mm f2.0, Voigtlander Cosina 58mm Nokton Classic F1.4.

i second the suggestion to sticky this thread as a case study of sorts. BUT, how about removing the names of the seller/buyer and the links as well, so that people can learn, at the same time the people involved in this are not identified.

Quote Originally Posted by changster View Post
    yeah, what about you compensate the TS for wasting his time and infringing upon his trust. hardly quantifiable but if you are truly sincere about your apology, you should know what to do.

i like giving ppl the benefit of the doubt but it seems extremely incredulous to me that you 'unknowingly (sold) him a bad conditioned cam'. you've got to blind to notice the lines caused by fungus in your pictures. i suggest that if you want to be taken seriously, please start by being completely honest. otherwise i don't see why others should give characters like you a break.

ppl has apology openly in public, why not lets just forgive ppl and don sound like bryan guy is committing great sin and ought to be executed.

he may tent to commit very silly mistake right at beginning by hiding some truth, but we should be glad that he took up his courage apology to forum and buyer.

some ppl could just offload the spoilt item and walk away with 2k more cash and dissapear in nowhere. buying second hand stuff always there is a risk to take, am i right?
    KIM & PPY
    Black Camp F100,D90, AFD 35mm f2.0, Voigtlander Cosina 58mm Nokton Classic F1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    iBUT, how about removing the names of the seller/buyer and the links as well, so that people can learn, at the same time the people involved in this are not identified.
    pie say, i forgot about this part.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast