Thread: Len combo enquiries

Default Len combo enquiries

I been asking in the forum and sorry, gotta ask again
    say if getting a 450D / 40D, with a kit lens S18-55IS in a beginner's hand,
    budget be definitely less than 2k (best under 1700-1800) for start with just a kit lens + cabin(under 120) + tripod in plan.
    450D is small, hands felt cramped. Tried with batt grip but still handling it like normal cam feels weird, unable to describe but ultimately cheaper,
    40D is more ex but felt steadier, still checking out and saving till Oct.

and my type of pics largely range from portrait, landscape (i love getting more stuffs into the pic), little on macro
    So, if the followings?

1) getting a prime lens such Canon EF 24mm f/2.8, will it be good enough for most users for portrait and macro?

2) getting a wide angle lens ranging from (18 mm to 35 mm, from research)

3) getting a greater telezoom lens like Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 USM L (in future), be useful cos the kit lens is up to 55mm. what is the formula to calculate whats the zoom range for 200m huh?

I know there are more models out there, but I'm still trying to understand, so I just list the above to ask for a common setup.

looking for advise?

Boon Lay, Singapore

Default Re: Len combo enquiries

if u havnt decide on which cam to get, oso do consider olympus E520, with your budget, u can get kit lens like 14-42 and 70-300...

there is some other brand as well...
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

if u ve decided on canon and like the 40D, go straight for it, and stay w it.

1. landscape is not getting more stuff into the pic. photographer, when composing, usually remove, rather than add things into the pic. many landscape pic are taken using tele too.

2. 24mm f2.8 is usually not associated w potrait and macro.

3. do u really need the 70-200?

dun tink about wat u will need. rather, let your shooting decide.

ok thanks attap seed