Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6212629303132333641 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    you should be in kindergarten then.
    hahahah dun worry la, we know how "young" are you lor :P
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    I had my present phone for 5 yrs..
    5yrs!!! non of my phone (5 all together) last for more than 1yr 2mths.

what phone is that?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post

what phone is that?
    big brother big

I only need a simple phone that can last and also battery can last up to 3 days atleast with about 1hour talk time per day and 10sms. No playing game and music. any recommendation?

I recently go a nokia 12XX (cant remember the last 2 no). Battery life is decent but the stupid thing about this phone is, when you search for a contact no., it shows the closest match on the top of the screen and the next in line at the bottom. But the top name cant see in bright day light and the bottom name is shown clearly. So I always call ended up calling the wrong person because I thought I am calling the name shown in the bottom, but it the the top name that the phone is actually calling.

Also, the name cannot be too long in the contact list. The memo / note function also give very few charactors, same goes for the reminders function.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    the link is too heavy for me to see
    Can la... I'm using the same lousy M1 broadband with lousy vodaphone modem as you... cheapest plan.
    It just takes time. I just clicked it and went away... when I came back later (think quite long), I could see the photo.
    Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    Your supper is my lunch time leh, later go to eat Changi Nasi lemark!!!! hahahahhaa
    Wahhh... go changi again ah?!!
    ... must be up to something there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Pixie call our dearly beloved 'Black'!
    Pixie, you racist!!!

what phone is that?
    Ahhh? How come your phone cannot last??
    All my phones last at least 2 years... I'm now using my 4th phone from the first day that I owned a hp.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Pixie call our dearly beloved 'Black'!
    Black shinning knights wor

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    big brother big
    Can ease the thirst also
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

YESS...after all the researching... definitely not getting the OMNIA..it is a great phone ( better then the iPhone for sure) but I am just about settling for the X1 or HTC Touch Pro....will see how it goes and how much it cost. I am still not willing to justify spending more then 4 figures for it....It's not a life, death or ego thingy. heh.. I had my present phone for 5 yrs...just thought i would change it but no hurry. But as always with thing I do...never half measure..I would research the hell out of anything before I buy anything.

Saw thie iPhone plans? Those are aim for profiteering.
    Thanks Bro, I'm thinking of getting one also, hoping to tap on your reserch than see how
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Thanks Bro, I'm thinking of getting one also, hoping to tap on your reserch than see how
    Hey V, then what do you do with your old phones? Any of them for sale? I need a replacement one ... CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by pixie View Post
    Constantly flying but no time to walk around to take photo. =( Like today reach at 11+, then stay in the event the entire day, then now in airport flying home for another flight tmr wor.

I prefer backpacking anytime!!! heehee..

I dunno what is "ah fei zhen chuan"
    Than you can start a APAD under "A Photo wheneven I Fly" shoot the airport, the plane, etc,
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Hey V, then what do you do with your old phones? Any of them for sale? I need a replacement one ... CHEERS!
    I need to check if my old phone is still working or not, if I'm changing phone, than the present one is a O2 Pure, my first PDA "tryout" phone

what phone is that?
    I still have the Motorola V6888 (cant quite remember the model now ) like that which I use my older hicard it is the smallest fold phone that is all black and LED screen and I think it still one of the smallest phone from Motorola ..wait I go take picture and show you later as DSLR at home now heh.. and my other one is about 4 yrs now T610 Sony Ericssen. Let me tell you what I do with my phones when people asked me if they are good and reliable as they say phone are delicate. I usually throw them to the ground, against wall...etc Fix it back up and switch it on and it works heh.. that is how I treat my phones but I think the T610 is the last one I will do that as the next phone I buy will be a smart phone with wide screens...those will not survive my usual torture demos hehe.. My old tai-kor-tais motorola ..I use to love throwing them about or in water basin and then show how they still work. That was why I use to buy all motorola back then till I got the first PDA and touch screen and chinese recognition too A688 or something...that one lasted about 2 yrs till I dropped it too many times till I broke it heheh...by the time I jump to the Sony T610...well Motorola's quality was already going south.....wayyyyyy south. Now it is all about looking "pretty" and "pretty" means...."girlie durability" hehehehe

So the motorola is in my office for those odd calls from people who still remember my other old number and the T610 is with me though..well...as always I rarely use the phone. People email me more and call me at the office...so my less the $5.00 per month of use can't not justify paying all those blood sucking telcom 2 yr contract. In my days till I got the T610..other phones I buy off the shelf. My only 2 yr contract with the T610 was one of my most regrettable move ever. One time enough lioa heheh...going back to no contract is soooo much better. Pay as I use...or not. Just top-up my hicard every 3 mth with $10 and I get to keep my nice number.

Brudder I think that most of those "normal" phones I see out there are have lousy interface really. You should go smartphone. With a screen menu it is easier to get around and find number..etc although I don't face the problem you have with your phone in finding contact numbers but other form factors with smaller dial button phones just irritates me.. Well maybe because I have been a PDA user for almost 20 yrs...

Well anytime you want to see me toss my T610 in the air and watch it land and break open..let me know heheheh...

I had left my mark in campsite 2 during the flower power day
    you should be in kindergarten then.
    any update on the 'gadget' you wanted to make?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Well anytime you want to see me toss my T610 in the air and watch it land and break open..let me know heheheh...
    let's do a shoot with that

shoot the point of impact when the phone lands and breaks up

I still have the Motorola V6888 (cant quite remember the model now ) like that which I use my older hicard it is the smallest fold phone that is all black and LED screen and I think it still one of the smallest phone from Motorola ..wait I go take picture and show you later as DSLR at home now heh.. and my other one is about 4 yrs now T610 Sony Ericssen. Let me tell you what I do with my phones when people asked me if they are good and reliable as they say phone are delicate. I usually throw them to the ground, against wall...etc Fix it back up and switch it on and it works heh.. that is how I treat my phones but I think the T610 is the last one I will do that as the next phone I buy will be a smart phone with wide screens...those will not survive my usual torture demos hehe.. My old tai-kor-tais motorola ..I use to love throwing them about or in water basin and then show how they still work. That was why I use to buy all motorola back then till I got the first PDA and touch screen and chinese recognition too A688 or something...that one lasted about 2 yrs till I dropped it too many times till I broke it heheh...by the time I jump to the Sony T610...well Motorola's quality was already going south.....wayyyyyy south. Now it is all about looking "pretty" and "pretty" means...."girlie durability" hehehehe

So the motorola is in my office for those odd calls from people who still remember my other old number and the T610 is with me though..well...as always I rarely use the phone. People email me more and call me at the office...so my less the $5.00 per month of use can't not justify paying all those blood sucking telcom 2 yr contract. In my days till I got the T610..other phones I buy off the shelf. My only 2 yr contract with the T610 was one of my most regrettable move ever. One time enough lioa heheh...going back to no contract is soooo much better. Pay as I use...or not. Just top-up my hicard every 3 mth with $10 and I get to keep my nice number.

Brudder I think that most of those "normal" phones I see out there are have lousy interface really. You should go smartphone. With a screen menu it is easier to get around and find number..etc although I don't face the problem you have with your phone in finding contact numbers but other form factors with smaller dial button phones just irritates me.. Well maybe because I have been a PDA user for almost 20 yrs...

crap, we walked the same line sia...

i also got Accompli then T610...

talk about durability, the T610 lasted 1 major drop then got scratched only, and still usable...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    any update on the 'gadget' you wanted to make?
    80% now. incorporating a microprocessor. need to iron out some issues with programming and electronic.

Comex next week leh.... can go and look look see see.

my 1st 3 hp are from siemens (m35, m45, s65), very good. warrenty 1yr, really kaput 1 month after the 1st year, yes, all 3 of them.

than 4th came s.e.k610, worst, 1 of the chip inside was corroded in less than 6mths, i didnt even drop it in water!

5th, the current one i am using is nokia 12XX, stupid user interface, battery life ok, but dont know can last or not.

guys, whats your recommendations?

my 1st 3 hp are from siemens (m35, m45, s65), very good. warrenty 1yr, really kaput 1 month after the 1st year, yes, all 3 of them.

than 4th came s.e.k610, worst, 1 of the chip inside was corroded in less than 6mths, i didnt even drop it in water!

5th, the current one i am using is nokia 12XX, stupid user interface, battery life ok, but dont know can last or not.

guys, whats your recommendations?
    for sms, u can write a letter, or keep some pigeons...

if u really need to call alot, just go nearest fone booth... phone card ftw!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

80% now. incorporating a microprocessor. need to iron out some issues with programming and electronic.
    what processor you use and which programmer. swee leh...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler