Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    So by chance, I confirmed what I had suspected all along... it's the stupid cable messing up! Damn! I had suspected this all along cos I checked all my settings and also replugged them and just doesn't make sense why it can't work. The most likely reason was that the cable is faulty. But couldn't quite believe it too cos cables seldom get spoiled and I have used all my cables for years with no problem. Don't know what's with this cable... pissed with this cable now. It's quite a thick, good quality one somemore... not those cheapo type. Grrr... Maybe cannot bend too much near the head. But all the other cables on my cpu also work fine... Dunno why this one cannot bend... stupid cable...

Anyway, thanks to DM and Sammy for their troubleshooting advice. Although it didn't really shoot the problem, it got me messing around with it again and ending up solving the problem. Thanks!

Aiya..that mean the wiring's soldering is no longer holding the contact well so when the stiff cable gets bent too much the contact comes apart since no soldering is holding them together anymore ...so you need to go get it soldered back together. Or buy a new one lah...darn cheap to replace in any case for permanent peace of mind heh

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Why? You watching R(A) movies or what nots har?
    ooopppsss caught
    Come visit my Flickr :)

Aiya..that mean the wiring's soldering is no longer holding the contact well so when the stiff cable gets bent too much the contact comes apart since no soldering is holding them together anymore ...so you need to go get it soldered back together. Or buy a new one lah...darn cheap to replace in any case for permanent peace of mind heh
    That's why I am pissed lah! Cos this is a new cable... think used for around half year then became like that already... sighhh... My other same cable was used for years and no problem... somemore that one is thinner and less solid... maybe this one thicker more stiff.
    I got this new cable when I moved house and my setup changed so I needed a longer cable.

Aiyahh... this one still works so don't need replacement lah. As long as I don't shift my cpu around (which I don't unless I need to do something to it), it works fine. At least now I know what to do if no sound again.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

That's why I am pissed lah! Cos this is a new cable... think used for around half year then became like that already... sighhh... My other same cable was used for years and no problem... somemore that one is thinner and less solid... maybe this one thicker more stiff.
    I got this new cable when I moved house and my setup changed so I needed a longer cable.

Aiyahh... this one still works so don't need replacement lah. As long as I don't shift my cpu around (which I don't unless I need to do something to it), it works fine. At least now I know what to do if no sound again.
    U must be ill-treating your house residents - rats.. that why they eat up ur cable then inside spoil le..

Quote Originally Posted by pixie View Post
    U must be ill-treating your house residents - rats.. that why they eat up ur cable then inside spoil le..
    Well said Dr. Dolittle
    Come visit my Flickr :)

Ratatouille to the rescus heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by maddyks View Post
    ooopppsss caught
    Cos u forgot to use a hood la... gotta put a big big hood over your monitor!

Hello... I'm not living in a sewer leh!
    I do have a lizard living in my house kitchen but he only stays there. He will hide behind the microwave in the day (think one day he will die from cancer from the radiation) and roam around the sink area at night. He's funny... one day I went to the sink and he thought he has no time to run already, so in front of my eyes, he just froze there and hoped that I will not see him. I was staring right at his beady eyes and he was too scared to move. I thought of taking a photo of him cos he was in a nice position between the cabinet and the handle but could not really be bothered la... prolly he will run off as soon as I'm gone anyway.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

He is already there and with his darn mistress aka my operations director in the office. he not going anywhere....heheh....
    THen you can tackle his mistress mah

aiyo...you and your sammyboi thingy.. I bet you DO KNOW him right!!! heheh.. his personal photographer for those "models" he features heheheheh
    Now then you know ah?!!! DM is his all time fave photographer and he do all his copy on the net. DM will do every single proof reading before it posted on the net.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Have bought you a nice "ELMO" bed time tees......

But i cant find the mask that i want, more likely will do my own liao........

Will do some test shots then show you, ok?

The direction is not confirm yet. but more or less is there.

Quote Originally Posted by maddyks View Post
    Well said Dr. Dolittle
    Is Dr. Dolixie

=D
    Hope from now on you have no more cables issue!

Here is one picture taken from my hotel room:

=D
    Hope from now on you have no more cables issue!

Here is one picture taken from my hotel room:
    OOUuuu! Looks soooo nice and COOL!

Not like here - HOT HOT HOT HUMID N MORE HUMID!!!

If it's a moderately expensive cabel, I can re-solder it for you, or you can get any hi-fi shop. Many shops in SLS also can re-solder for you.

If it's a very expensive cabel, go to the audio shopn at Adelphi and get it re-soldered.

If it's a cheapo everyday cabel, just buy a new set.

EASY!

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    Is Dr. Dolixie
    Wahhh... Dr Dolittle got competitor liao!
    Last edited by WuffRuff; 6th August 2008 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    Now then you know ah?!!! DM is his all time fave photographer and he do all his copy on the net. DM will do every single proof reading before it posted on the net.
    OOI!

My standards not that jia lat ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    If it's a moderately expensive cabel, I can re-solder it for you, or you can get any hi-fi shop. Many shops in SLS also can re-solder for you.

If it's a very expensive cabel, go to the audio shopn at Adelphi and get it re-soldered.

If it's a cheapo everyday cabel, just buy a new set.

EASY!
    Thanks for your offer, DM...
    No point for the trouble la... can consider it a cheap cable... just not dirt cheap... haha...

The problem is not getting the cable or getting it fixed... it is the wiring of the cable... very troublesome... must shift furniture wan.
    The hi-fi unit sits on my bookshelf (speakers sit on top of bookshelf at each side)... the wire inserts behind the unit, goes through a hole at the back of bookshelf... goes behind a cd tower and another bookshelf linked together... then comes out from behind the bookshelf, goes behind a chest of drawers and connects to cpu next to the drawers and next to the cpu is my desk. The drawers part is easy cos it is short... it's the bookshelves part very headache...

You will not see the cable at all. I got this thing... I hate to see cables hanging around. All cables must be hidden behind something... if not very neat along the bottom of wall. If no choice like monitor, mouse, keyboard cables, I minimise them and put them into those cable organiser tubing thing.

I will monitor the performance of this cable and see how lah... If very problematic, then I'll get a new one.

=D

我爱阴天!!!!!

Not like here - HOT HOT HOT HUMID N MORE HUMID!!!
    Here is the right place for you to show off your "MUSCLES" with this good reason!

OOI!

My standards not that jia lat ok!
    YOu dun K K lor...........That why u need a super fast AF camera for SUPER FAST ACTIONS

Jia lat... got hooked on youtube again after fixing my speakers...

Jia lat... got hooked on youtube again after fixing my speakers...
    Wah you har...complain complain complain..... tsk tsk tsk

*nods head*
    Where have u been lor!!
    No lah... during the day busy with work. during the night need to go for lessons. Just start my part time degree in NUS....

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    Happy Birthday! Now onli birthday then appeared ah.

Good Morning to all.
    haha look like I will only reappear in one year time....
    To be good - learn. To be better - Practice. To be the best - Keep trying. :cool: