Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202540 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1005

Thread: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

  1. #281

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    OMG! Then how?

    You already so slim, if don't eat, then you will become like a beanstalk!

    Eh, serious ah? Really no food there?

  2. #282
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by pixie View Post
    Morning all!

    Signal 8 Typhoon here in Hong Kong..but nothing much to shoot still =(
    take pictures of yourself in front of the Signal 8 sign

    take pictures of the strong wind

    food can be found in the hotels

    i was there last year and there was also a signal 8 typhoon

  3. #283

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Aiyoh, Pixie say like totally no food. I was so worried!

  4. #284

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Food in hotel only i guess. Streets are deserted....

  5. #285
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Speaking of speakers, any electronics engineers here can help me figure out what went wrong?
    I connected my computer's speakers' port to my hi-fi's aux with a cable (2 head - 1 red, 1 white to aux and 1 head to com port; 2RCA1 cable, if I didn't remember the name wrongly), so that the computer uses the hi-fi speakers when set to aux.
    Everything was done correctly as I had always used this set-up for my com speakers and it was working fine, as usual... until one day, suddenly no sound.
    Ohh... I also connect a set of headphones to the front speaker and mic port of the cpu. I am using desktop, by the way.
    Any idea what went wrong and how to fix? I am pretty upset by not being able to hear my com thru my hi-fi speakers...
    Sound like you are using a Y audio cable with one end using a mini jack ( like those on stereo headset and the other ends are two RCA plugs (for left and right speakers) Very hard for the twin RCA plug to slip off as they usually fit very tightly once plugged in but like DM said unplug them all and replug them. Coming loose, the mini jack that is connected to your PC is more likely to pop out if your PC or your audio wire or the hifi set get shifted casuign the wire to jerk the jack out just enough that you loose sound or you get partial sound in one speaker when that happen.

    Another likely possibility is, your volume setting on your PC. Sometime you see that little speaker icon on your bottom right corner of your screen, you can click that to set your volume. If that is not the problem.....Go to the windows main sound setting control in your windows control panel and see if maybe by accident you turn down the master volume or the output volume selector that control LINE OUT to that mini jack and also sometime with some audio control panel you see a CHECK MARK that disable or enable individual sound setting from mic, to internal speaker, to aux 1, aux 2...etc. Selecting a check-makr can either enable it or disable it.

    On your hifi side, switch off and on your power to the unit. Select the Aux selection. Make sure you have not set to MUTE to your unit if such a function exist. If the radio and CD playback has audio, you can check if the AUX1 could have a problem. Easy to check, just take a portable CD player or MP3 player, jack on the mini jack end of that wire you use from your PC. If you hear the audio then your hifi is fine. Problem is at the PC end. So check your sound card setting in the window control panel as I mentioned to see if setting is the reason why you hear no sound from your hifi connection.
    Last edited by sammy888; 6th August 2008 at 01:01 PM.

  6. #286

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by pixie View Post
    Morning all!

    Signal 8 Typhoon here in Hong Kong..but nothing much to shoot still =(
    WOW........ scary ah
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  7. #287
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by pixie View Post
    Food in hotel only i guess. Streets are deserted....
    Damn..my HK office is closed only my boss who just flew there 2days is in the office now being the workoholic that he is...darn it ..wish I could have stayed home in Singapore too heh.

  8. #288

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Damn..my HK office is closed only my boss who just flew there 2days is in the office now being the workoholic that he is...darn it ..wish I could have stayed home in Singapore too heh.
    hahaha u can too, now go home lor
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  9. #289

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Damn..my HK office is closed only my boss who just flew there 2days is in the office now being the workoholic that he is...darn it ..wish I could have stayed home in Singapore too heh.
    Eh? Easy mah! Just call dat *SammyBoi Exkcot Service* and get a pro to take him out for a super long extended high tea lor! Then you siamz.

  10. #290
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    hahaha u can too, now go home lor
    He is already there and with his darn mistress aka my operations director in the office. he not going anywhere....heheh....

  11. #291
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Eh? Easy mah! Just call dat *SammyBoi Exkcot Service* and get a pro to take him out for a super long extended high tea lor! Then you siamz.
    aiyo...you and your sammyboi thingy.. I bet you DO KNOW him right!!! heheh.. his personal photographer for those "models" he features heheheheh

  12. #292
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Tupi, no worries, I figured you were busy so I settled for grilled tuna sandwiches. Would LUUB to see your CP pix man in private lah!
    What is CP pix?


    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Pixie, you have no food? How liddat?
    Eat the carpet in hotel...


    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Damn..my HK office is closed only my boss who just flew there 2days is in the office now being the workoholic that he is...darn it ..wish I could have stayed home in Singapore too heh.
    Wahhh... good what... got an off day..
    Can stay in hotel to sleep or surf net or watch cable tv... ohh, with room service cos that's the only source of food now rite? Shiok!
    Last edited by WuffRuff; 6th August 2008 at 03:52 PM.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

  13. #293
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Wahhh... good what... got an off day..
    Can stay in hotel to sleep or surf net or watch cable tv... shiok!
    what talking you...I am IN SINGAPORE where got hotel to stay har??? I just wish we have typoon here I meant!!! So I can go home or stayed home heheh... cruel but I think it would be fun heheheheheh..... damage alot of properties but still....fun! I am weird like that!

  14. #294
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Great great news! I'm so happy that I've fixed that stupid com speaker problem!

    No guys, it wasn't all the things you suggested... I had done the unplugging and plugging stuff many times last time until I had got tired of it. Checked all my audio settings... anything with volume was set to maximum, nothing was muted except mic (deliberately). Everything was ok.

    Then I went to see the cable and it was unplugged (no, this wasn't why it didn't work. I unplugged it last time after doing the unplugging and plugging thing and got so sick that I just left it unplugged cos I gave up). So this time, I pulled out the cpu tower cos I wanted to check which port to plug it back in (cannot remember already) and I plugged in the cable... and it worked! Sound came out from hi-fi speakers!!!

    I was delighted. Then I moved the cpu tower back into position... and I usually push it quite far back so that the cables at the back press against the wall cos I don't want the cpu to potrude out too much. Then, the sound stopped. So I did some adjustment with the cpr position and the cable wire... and the sound came back!

    So by chance, I confirmed what I had suspected all along... it's the stupid cable messing up! Damn! I had suspected this all along cos I checked all my settings and also replugged them and just doesn't make sense why it can't work. The most likely reason was that the cable is faulty. But couldn't quite believe it too cos cables seldom get spoiled and I have used all my cables for years with no problem. Don't know what's with this cable... pissed with this cable now. It's quite a thick, good quality one somemore... not those cheapo type. Grrr... Maybe cannot bend too much near the head. But all the other cables on my cpu also work fine... Dunno why this one cannot bend... stupid cable...

    Anyway, thanks to DM and Sammy for their troubleshooting advice. Although it didn't really shoot the problem, it got me messing around with it again and ending up solving the problem. Thanks!
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

  15. #295
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stad van Manneken Pis
    Posts
    561

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Great great news! I'm so happy that I've fixed that stupid com speaker problem!

    No guys, it wasn't all the things you suggested... I had done the unplugging and plugging stuff many times last time until I had got tired of it. Checked all my audio settings... anything with volume was set to maximum, nothing was muted except mic (deliberately). Everything was ok.

    Then I went to see the cable and it was unplugged (no, this wasn't why it didn't work. I unplugged it last time after doing the unplugging and plugging thing and got so sick that I just left it unplugged cos I gave up). So this time, I pulled out the cpu tower cos I wanted to check which port to plug it back in (cannot remember already) and I plugged in the cable... and it worked! Sound came out from hi-fi speakers!!!

    I was delighted. Then I moved the cpu tower back into position... and I usually push it quite far back so that the cables at the back press against the wall cos I don't want the cpu to potrude out too much. Then, the sound stopped. So I did some adjustment with the cpr position and the cable wire... and the sound came back!

    So by chance, I confirmed what I had suspected all along... it's the stupid cable messing up! Damn! I had suspected this all along cos I checked all my settings and also replugged them and just doesn't make sense why it can't work. The most likely reason was that the cable is faulty. But couldn't quite believe it too cos cables seldom get spoiled and I have used all my cables for years with no problem. Don't know what's with this cable... pissed with this cable now. It's quite a thick, good quality one somemore... not those cheapo type. Grrr... Maybe cannot bend too much near the head. But all the other cables on my cpu also work fine... Dunno why this one cannot bend... stupid cable...

    Anyway, thanks to DM and Sammy for their troubleshooting advice. Although it didn't really shoot the problem, it got me messing around with it again and ending up solving the problem. Thanks!
    Yaaaay, now enjoy
    Come visit my Flickr :)

  16. #296
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    what talking you...I am IN SINGAPORE where got hotel to stay har??? I just wish we have typoon here I meant!!! So I can go home or stayed home heheh... cruel but I think it would be fun heheheheheh..... damage alot of properties but still....fun! I am weird like that!
    Ohhh... paisey bro, I thought that was from Pixie cos she started talking about the typhoon and also still sleepy so eyes saw wrongly...

    I dun need to wish for typhoon... I stay home during most weekdays (unless I go jalan jalan)... haha....
    But I work from home... so also working... or at least supposed to la... too slack these days already....
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

  17. #297
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    opp. East Coast Park
    Posts
    1,124

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by maddyks View Post
    Yaaaay, now enjoy
    Yahhh... finally! I had been using headphones for so long!
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

  18. #298
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stad van Manneken Pis
    Posts
    561

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Yahhh... finally! I had been using headphones for so long!
    I sometimes like headphones instead of speakers
    Come visit my Flickr :)

  19. #299
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    wuffruff, i suggest u better lie low before u kena shoot...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  20. #300
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Photoaid XXV: Keep Talking :)

    Quote Originally Posted by maddyks View Post
    I sometimes like headphones instead of speakers
    Why? You watching R(A) movies or what nots har?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •