Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend me an LCD monitor for photo work and general use

Default Re: Recommend me an LCD monitor for photo work and general use

You can call Dell Sales Line and enquire. Express ur interest in the 2408wfp A01 revision and see what they say.
    For 24" IPS screen, from my research last round, you can try ACD 23". Others like NEC 2409wuxi, Eizo that you can get locally are much more exp. I'm not sure if Samsung or Phillips carries their own line of IPS screens, though they oem some of the IPS panels.

ok thanx
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by alvyalvy View Post
    You can call Dell Sales Line and enquire. Express ur interest in the 2408wfp A01 revision and see what they say.
    For 24" IPS screen, from my research last round, you can try ACD 23". Others like NEC 2409wuxi, Eizo that you can get locally are much more exp. I'm not sure if Samsung or Phillips carries their own line of IPS screens, though they oem some of the IPS panels.
    FWIW, my (2408) seems ok. Don't know what is the problem anyway. Mine's a Rev A00.

Quote Originally Posted by lithium_fire View Post
    My ancient CRT "dieded" this morning and i needed a monitor badly!.

Called LG showroom at Funan but they said no stocks and will only get in this coming thursday.

Undeterred i looked around myself in Sim Lim Square.

Bought the LG L2000CP for cash S$588 at the 5th floor shop near the elevators.

Good deal. "pro" looking monitor in matte dark grey (black?), height adjustable, able to swivel.

Hi Lithium Fire

Can you share with us your experience with the LG L2000CP? How does it perform after calibration?

Hi VISUALS
    I've only had it for slightly over a week. Its only tonight did i finally make the necessary adjustments like correct viewing distance, height and calibrate it again with SPYDER.
    No dead pixels. The default brightness was way too BRIGHT for me. I like it set lower like 50-60%. Mind you i'm using it on Analogue mode because i dont have a fancy video graphic card or the digital connectors.

I would say i am very happy with my purchase. An S-IPS monitor at this price cant be beat!

Quote Originally Posted by lithium_fire View Post
    Hi VISUALS
    I've only had it for slightly over a week. Its only tonight did i finally make the necessary adjustments like correct viewing distance, height and calibrate it again with SPYDER.
    No dead pixels. The default brightness was way too BRIGHT for me. I like it set lower like 50-60%. Mind you i'm using it on Analogue mode because i dont have a fancy video graphic card or the digital connectors.

I would say i am very happy with my purchase. An S-IPS monitor at this price cant be beat!
    Congratulations with your happy purchase! Which shop did you bought it from?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12