Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: ieatishootipost workshop

  1. #1

    Default ieatishootipost workshop

    Fun workshop by Canon and ieatishootipost at Vivocity


    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

  2. #2

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    Hey ... you went for the workshop!

    How was it? What did they cover?

    Was the food nice?

    Hehehehehe!

  3. #3

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    woh woh woh
    OM NOM NOM NOM

    did you get to EAT after SHOOT?
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,002

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    share some tips and guides they covered! =)

  5. #5

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Hey ... you went for the workshop!
    How was it? What did they cover?
    Was the food nice?
    Hehehehehe!
    yes, went there, thanks for the hint!
    some results are here http://ieatishootipost.sg/ while canon got the first prize (in a canon organised workshop), Nikon made 2nd and 3rd
    the good Dr. covered the basics, i think most were new to food photography and many new to photography in general...
    I have been to that japanese restaurant before and the food is nice, it is maintstream japanese but of good quality...
    overall the afternoon was really fun and nice to mingle among canoniers for a change
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

  6. #6

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    woh woh woh
    OM NOM NOM NOM
    did you get to EAT after SHOOT?
    yes of course... we did it the right way... weshoot weeat wepost
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

  7. #7

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    Quote Originally Posted by ssping83 View Post
    share some tips and guides they covered! =)
    share some tips... mmmhh
    > use ambient light, so get a table near the window
    > if use flash, use it off camera and subtle... (something Canon has a problem but is a breeze with Nikon CLS)
    > use side light or shoot against the light, gives shines on the food which makes it more appealing as it looks less dry
    > play with DOF
    > play with colours and diagonals to draw the eye to the most interesting part
    > and lastely shoot shoot shoot shoot
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

  8. #8

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    Hey Michael, congrats for the 3rd place This is more like a fun gathering rather than a serious photography contest. The selection of winners is done solely by the Dr.

    Nice meeting you and seeing all your gears make me go "ga-ga". Cheers

  9. #9

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    Quote Originally Posted by JLee View Post
    Hey Michael, congrats for the 3rd place This is more like a fun gathering rather than a serious photography contest. The selection of winners is done solely by the Dr.
    of course it is... it was great fun and i am just poking a bit
    i learnt something enjoyed some good food... so thanks for organising and let me know about the next one!
    Nice meeting you and seeing all your gears make me go "ga-ga". Cheers
    i'd let you try it but you got the wrong mount.... the darkside is lurking
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

  10. #10

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    i'd let you try it but you got the wrong mount.... the darkside is lurking
    Ha ha...I have some darkside weapons too...a FM2n and a couple of Nikkor...

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    yes, went there, thanks for the hint!
    some results are here http://ieatishootipost.sg/ while canon got the first prize (in a canon organised workshop), Nikon made 2nd and 3rd
    the good Dr. covered the basics, i think most were new to food photography and many new to photography in general...
    I have been to that japanese restaurant before and the food is nice, it is maintstream japanese but of good quality...
    overall the afternoon was really fun and nice to mingle among canoniers for a change
    Ay, when I picked the winners, I have no idea what camera brand the photos were taken by! There is no kelong involved. AND if there were such a concern over the brands used, I think 2nd and 3rd would not have been Nikon cameras.

    Anyway the link to the photos are here: LINK
    Last edited by ishoot; 29th July 2008 at 12:39 PM.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,002

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    thanks for the tips.. =)

  13. #13

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    share some tips... mmmhh
    > use ambient light, so get a table near the window
    > if use flash, use it off camera and subtle... (something Canon has a problem but is a breeze with Nikon CLS)
    > use side light or shoot against the light, gives shines on the food which makes it more appealing as it looks less dry
    > play with DOF
    > play with colours and diagonals to draw the eye to the most interesting part
    > and lastely shoot shoot shoot shoot

    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WIN MICHAEL!


    Great to hear that you had fun, learned something new (many, from the sound of your description!), enjoyed the food and had a blast meeting and getting to know other enthusiasts!

    It's really encouraging to know that skilled photographers like the good Doctor is willing to share his hard-earned knowledge and experience with everyone!

    CHEERS!

  14. #14
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    ooooh nice!

  15. #15

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post

    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WIN MICHAEL!


    Great to hear that you had fun, learned something new (many, from the sound of your description!), enjoyed the food and had a blast meeting and getting to know other enthusiasts!

    It's really encouraging to know that skilled photographers like the good Doctor is willing to share his hard-earned knowledge and experience with everyone!

    CHEERS!
    yes indeed... looking forward to another one!
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

  16. #16

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    ooooh nice!
    thanks riot
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

  17. #17
    ClubSNAP Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP
    Posts
    667,065

    Default Re: ieatishootipost workshop

    Yes Leslie, it's the man behind the camera and not the camera or memory card used.

    Good to see you posting here.


    Quote Originally Posted by ishoot View Post
    Ay, when I picked the winners, I have no idea what camera brand the photos were taken by! There is no kelong involved. AND if there were such a concern over the brands used, I think 2nd and 3rd would not have been Nikon cameras.

    Anyway the link to the photos are here: LINK

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •