Thread: Canon Speedlite from Sim Lim

Default Canon Speedlite from Sim Lim

hey guys! xD

recently went to Sim Lim (Alan Photo Trading) to check out the price of 430EX and 580EX. it was actually pretty cheap. at around $660 for 580EX after GST. but, it occur to me that, might it be second hand? cos seriously, i heard much rumors about Sim Lim tower/square selling alot of second hand stuffs, which explains the cheap pricing. so how? any help or comments from fellow CSers?

and also, is it even possible to check whether it's second hand?

thanks guys!

Default Re: Canon Speedlite from Sim Lim

AP has been pretty good.. to me. Hahahs. Not sure. There are people who swear by AP, and people who swear against AP. Very odd, eh?

660 is a pretty okay price. But the curent MO price is 630.. Might want to consider those from MO. Definitely new piece.
    Meow!

Quote Originally Posted by GavinTing View Post
    AP has been pretty good.. to me. Hahahs. Not sure. There are people who swear by AP, and people who swear against AP. Very odd, eh?

660 is a pretty okay price. But the curent MO price is 630.. Might want to consider those from MO. Definitely new piece.
    sorry, but where's MO located at? and the long name for MO is...? i'm actually caught in between swearing by and swearing against AP. -.- LOL.

SOMEONE ENLIGHTEN ME!!!
    AHHHH!!!

MASS ORDER

ON THE FORUMS

hehe
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Yeah....Mass Order, where buy fourmer chip in to buy in minmum order qty. Thus enjoying the savings.
    Its a Sony :: [ SGP Birds ]

If you're getting at a shop and the price is too good to be true, with everything (warranty, relevant accessories etc.) said to be included, then usually it is too good to be true. I do not consider AP as one of the "trusted" photography shops. In my few (and hopefully never again) brief run-ins with them, they have not proven to be trustworthy.

For peace of mind, I'd go to John 3:16, TK Foto, MS Color, or Cathay Photo.

580 or 580 mk 2? maybe they selling u the old 580 flash?

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    MASS ORDER

ON THE FORUMS

hehe
    haha! don dare leh. dunno why.

Quote Originally Posted by stubertsg View Post
    Yeah....Mass Order, where buy fourmer chip in to buy in minmum order qty. Thus enjoying the savings.
    as stated, i don dare. xD

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    If you're getting at a shop and the price is too good to be true, with everything (warranty, relevant accessories etc.) said to be included, then usually it is too good to be true. I do not consider AP as one of the "trusted" photography shops. In my few (and hopefully never again) brief run-ins with them, they have not proven to be trustworthy.

For peace of mind, I'd go to John 3:16, TK Foto, MS Color, or Cathay Photo.
    i actually go for the services they gave. the service at some of the stores mentioned above actually disgraced me with their service. so i don go back. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    580 or 580 mk 2? maybe they selling u the old 580 flash?
    how to check whether it's new or old? i know there's a 580EX and 580EXII. but how to differentiate?

Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post

how to check whether it's new or old? i know there's a 580EX and 580EXII. but how to differentiate?
    look at the box? its also on the flash.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    look at the box? its also on the flash.
    LOL. -.- i sure am dumb enough to ask that question. haha. but i didnt see the 'EXII' on the box at other places. so it's the first version yeah? xD

The only shop in Sim Lim Square that I trust is Orient Photo on the 6th Floor.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTan89 View Post
    The only shop in Sim Lim Square that I trust is Orient Photo on the 6th Floor.
    ok, i guess people have different opinions on different stores. xD well, do you know an estimation price of 580EXII over there?

The only shop that i trust is john 3:16...Their service is TOP CLASS!! i go dere even though i can get things cheaper else where...unless its like $50 dollars cheaper or something
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

Lets not turn this into a shop debate.

To answer TS' question, the II is on the box, quite prominently. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...ZL._SS400_.jpg
    Meow!

well guys, thanks for everything. i got a 430EXII in the end -.- from AP though. for $42*
    one more thing, can the speedlite be kept in the dry cab?
    Last edited by HTCahHTC; 29th July 2008 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    well guys, thanks for everything. i got a 430EXII in the end -.- from AP though. for $42*
    one more thing, can the speedlite be kept in the dry cab?
    If you want to, but take out the batteries. Frankly though, there's nothing in a speedlite that really needs to be kept dry, unlike optical glass.