Thread: Any PRIVATE beach here?

Default Any PRIVATE beach here?

Legally, is there such a thing as a PRIVATE BEACH in Singapore?
    How can anyone own a part of a beach?
    In certain areas like Sentosa and Changi, can anyone, except the government claim that a certain part of the beach is private and is out of bound to the public?
    always the Light, .... always.

Default Re: Any PRIVATE beach here?

doubt so..

how big can they allow part of changi or east coast to be privatised?

its hard to prevent people from entering unless you build a fortress around it..haha

even owning a road its quite a hassle already

Errr... if i recall correctly, Sentosa is not a public place. U have are to comply to rules and regulations of the Sentosa island management. They have their own "security" which can fine u, if u speed, park in non-designated places etc.

The part of Sentosa beach next to Silso hotel is the property of the hotel. If you want to hold any events on it, you have to pay the hotel, rental fees for it.

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    The part of Sentosa beach next to Silso hotel is the property of the hotel. If you want to hold any events on it, you have to pay the hotel, rental fees for it.
    That's what i was thinking .... how can any enterprise owns a piece of the beach? .... there is always low tide and high tide, and erosion .... so technically how much of the beach land belongs to that hotel?
    Can a security guard legally ask photographers or anyone to leave that beach?
    always the Light, .... always.

Im not too sure how they got their hands on the ownership of that place. I believe it should be some sort of deal they made with SDC when the hotel was invited to bid for the tender to build the hotel. It could be even part of the tender.

I think last time the chalets next to the ubin police station is private with their own jetty and beach, if u walk in will kena chased away.
    HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS