Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: COMEX

Default Re: COMEX

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Dun u think 1000gb very the dangerous?? I very scare now for crashes as i saw my wife crashes.
    1tb comes with a crash free crash aid system? (crash for free, crash aiding crash)

how come u so paranoid over such things? so next time got 2tb ones u still say 500gb better or 1tb better?

its like last time ppl have 2gb cf, u say 1gb cf better, but now standard is at least 4gb, u still use 1gb? or u go on to 4gb and tell ppl 8gb is no good or 16gb is no good? u dunno that that 4gb u badmouth is actually the same 4gb that you are gonna buy later... technology advances, unless u still wanna use 640kb ram.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by monktian View Post
    How long do you take to defrag and scan the disk?
    there is tons of new defrag system around, some just takes few minutes to defrag the system...

anyway, it all depends on how you copy your files into the system... most of the time its not gonna be fragmented if you dump big files one at a time. often, some defrag is long when you have not enuff space within the hdd to spare, for 1tb, recommendation for empty space is 150gb, siao rite... but thats the norm. never use a hdd to the max limit, leave some buffer.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Well, it did take almost 3hrs for XP to reforma the drive to NTFS... But yeah, while I can understand the risks in having such a large drive, its also inevitable like Del_CtrlnoAlt says. Sooner or later, you will be going for the 1TB drive. Moreover, its not like this is some brand new untested technology anyway.

Whats this defragging system that can do it in minutes? I always put off defragging (even though i know it helps alot...) because it takes freaking ages to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    1tb comes with a crash free crash aid system? (crash for free, crash aiding crash)

how come u so paranoid over such things? so next time got 2tb ones u still say 500gb better or 1tb better?

its like last time ppl have 2gb cf, u say 1gb cf better, but now standard is at least 4gb, u still use 1gb? or u go on to 4gb and tell ppl 8gb is no good or 16gb is no good? u dunno that that 4gb u badmouth is actually the same 4gb that you are gonna buy later... technology advances, unless u still wanna use 640kb ram.
    Well the simple ans to his problem is to make sure he uses raid 1~5 for his HDD will do.

anyone bought the solar charger?

Quote Originally Posted by NiteWind View Post
    Well the simple ans to his problem is to make sure he uses raid 1~5 for his HDD will do.
    well, he can't raid 5 with 5 usb external drive...

well, he can't raid 5 with 5 usb external drive...
    when go into raid, dont use usb. You will need to have those NAS or SAN box that have raid feature one.

i'm eyeing the freecom xxs... seem nice, dunno the price selling there.
    Did u get it?
    I got the Freecom 3.5" 500Gb for $119 on the last day... great value! Happy... hehe.

What is this crash free crash aid system about?
    Never heard of it leh... all 1Tb drives have? Smaller than 1Tb have or not?

there is tons of new defrag system around, some just takes few minutes to defrag the system...
    Tell us more about these leh... where to get? Got freeware?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    anyone bought the solar charger?
    Nope...
    which booth selling? how much?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Did u get it?

O2OO Defrag. its good. haha i don't have the link now, but i'll pm it to you when i get home from work haha
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Did u get it?
    I got the Freecom 3.5" 500Gb for $119 on the last day... great value! Happy... hehe.

(nb... bo jio... but is it the XXS bo... wait a min, 3.5", aiya, confirm not XXS... but i saw the copy at challenger yesterday, not nice... on pic is nice, but like either the set is fake or the credit card bigger size... not worth)

What is this crash free crash aid system about?
    Never heard of it leh... all 1Tb drives have? Smaller than 1Tb have or not?

(orr, mine dun have lah, its like u must believe in it then it will happen, Crash Free Crash Aid = Your crash is free at no extra charge, and it aid crashing, so your crashes are guranteed... works on most of the suays)

(so many in market now... use google...)

Nope...
    which booth selling? how much?
    see reply

Diskeeper is a good defrag software.
    I use it.
    No longer use the wimpy Microsoft built-in defrag.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Diskeeper is a good defrag software.
    I use it.
    No longer use the wimpy Microsoft built-in defrag.
    Freeware??
    D800|24~120mm VR|AF VR 80~400mm ED |SB900|50mm F1.8|CD 2X2|FL-360|FastPack 350/Sony RX100M3

I have 3 x 1gb, 2 x 2gb, and 1 x 4gb. It's playing safe. Maybe 3 yrs later when ppl use 3tb, i uses 1tb. well, i am using 2 x 300gb and 1 x 500gb. I dun keep clients pics for long, 2 yrs i will trash, unless interesting job i will keep. I am tended to buy the 1TB friday, but sometning stopped me, shd be paranoid abt the whole thing crashes.

By the way, i dun badmouth the 1TB, so dun put words in my mouth.

Been a mod doesn't gives u the green card to like that.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AxeLa View Post
    Freeware??
    No not free. I paid for it. But happily because it works well.
    But last time if you buy a brand of hard disk, it comes bundled free.

I have 3 x 1gb, 2 x 2gb, and 1 x 4gb. It's playing safe. Maybe 3 yrs later when ppl use 3tb, i uses 1tb. well, i am using 2 x 300gb and 1 x 500gb. I dun keep clients pics for long, 2 yrs i will trash, unless interesting job i will keep. I am tended to buy the 1TB friday, but sometning stopped me, shd be paranoid abt the whole thing crashes.

By the way, i dun badmouth the 1TB, so dun put words in my mouth.

Been a mod doesn't gives u the green card to like that.
    u intimidated by mod or you trying to start a mod bash?

seriously, your line which i quote you previously is what you highlighted...

let me post it again.

Dun u think 1000gb very the dangerous?? I very scare now for crashes as i saw my wife crashes.
    anyway, keep the mod status out of the picture and i'll be fine, lets keep the discussion civil.

If u are so forgetful, i paint in red.

U have been playing with words. U put words in my mouth.

I shall not waste time with u, anyway, i am prepared to get demerit points or defraction from u.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Blog Entries

Since Comex is over lets close this thread.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456