Thread: 4R vs digital print

Default 4R vs digital print

I send my photos for printing. The lady in the photo shop ask me--4R or digital print?I was stunt at the moment as I really dont know how to answer.(At the end of the day, I told her to decide for me.I do not want to ask further as she already showed her impatience).
    Can any body tell me is there any difference between 4R and Digital print.Thanks.
    Last edited by prolensdreamer; 26th July 2008 at 02:29 PM.

Default Re: 4R vs digital print

What camera are you using?

If you are not using a dslr, i suppose she was asking you if you want your pictures to be cropped to 3x2 format.. or print as is in 4x3 format with borders

It's a mixture of cameras as i consolidate pictures from all kinds of camera, D200, Sony compact camera, Canon DSLR(picture taken by my friend), some pictures edited in the computers and some not.It's a rojak combination(I send 140 pictures for printing with 15% discount)

Brother, If you can solve my problems I will be very happy as I will be more prepared if someone got to asl me the same questiuon again.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prolensdreamer View Post
    I send my photos for printing. The lady in the photo shop ask me--4R or digital print?I was stunt at the moment as I really dont know how to answer.(At the end of the day, I told her to decide for me.I do not want to ask further as she already showed her impatience).
    Can any body tell me is there any difference between 4R and Digital print.Thanks.
    4R are referring to images has 2:3 ratio, digital prints are referring to images has 3:4 ratio.

don't mix images with different ratio together, if have any mistake on the printing, that will be your fault.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Thanks catchlights and CasonLyn for your guidance. I will remember not to mix pictures wth different ratio for future printing.Once again, thanks.