Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Stuntmen Needed

  1. #1

    Default Stuntmen Needed

    My new Challenge - yet to get it right.
    Taken at various focal lengths but yet the car seem to go out of frame.

    #1


    #2


    #3


    Darn... as if I really have nothing to do eh?
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  2. #2
    Deregistered eejal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    End of the Line
    Posts
    1,215

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    i loike!!

  3. #3
    Member lennyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    I like #3 the best. I find the flash too harsh though. Interesting concept. Please post more as you continue to experiment.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    Hotwheels FTW! Cool idea dude.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    i loike!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiran View Post
    Hotwheels FTW! Cool idea dude.
    Thanks guys!
    Ideas Ideas ideas... simply by being back thinking as kids hehehe... now with a powderful tool to assist...

    Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    I like #3 the best. I find the flash too harsh though. Interesting concept. Please post more as you continue to experiment.
    I agree about the flash issue - I need help / tips to make it less harsh. Thanks!

    Here's some more; after 100 shots:

    #4 - Imagine the blue car went up in flames...


    #5 - Thats a 360!


    #6 - Side Air Bag ready?


    DISCLAIMER:
    TO avoid any injuries or death, please DO NOT attempt any of the stunts with your own vehicle. I shall not be responsible for anything you do there.
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  6. #6

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    Water + Hot Wheels = Splashing fun!!!

    #7


    #8


    #9
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  7. #7
    Member lennyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    Looks interesting with the water - harsh shadows are also gone. Or is it just not as visible because of the water?

    Will we get fire and explosions next?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    Looks interesting with the water - harsh shadows are also gone. Or is it just not as visible because of the water?

    Will we get fire and explosions next?
    I still find the flash too strong lah. Shd get diffuser or something...

    Fire and explosions - too troublesome; must get clearance from police / SCDF first.

    #10


    #11


    #12
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  9. #9
    Member lennyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by cheguthamrin View Post
    I still find the flash too strong lah. Shd get diffuser or something...
    Are you using the camera's pop up flash or a hot shoe flash? There are all sorts of DIY solutions that you can try out for very little / no money (if you have the items around the house) first before buying a diffuser.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    I was using a hotshoe flash and cheapo diffuser in my pics from the "splash thread"

    Just bounce the light off the ceiling can liao...very effective it seems!

    Maybe u can try a few layers of tissue paper? lol

  11. #11

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    Are you using the camera's pop up flash or a hot shoe flash? There are all sorts of DIY solutions that you can try out for very little / no money (if you have the items around the house) first before buying a diffuser.
    Quote Originally Posted by merelyok View Post
    I was using a hotshoe flash and cheapo diffuser in my pics from the "splash thread"

    Just bounce the light off the ceiling can liao...very effective it seems!

    Maybe u can try a few layers of tissue paper? lol
    ... am just using the in flash / pop up flash. Tissue paper would be fine, right?

    #13 - flip and clear


    #14 - Couldnt get past


    #15 - No brakes needed


    Thank for the fact that Hot Wheels wont crash to pieces like real cars do!
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  12. #12

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    Should be ok, just experiment, should be fun!

    Tissue paper, plastic bag, i dunno...just get your hand on translucent stuff that can diffuse light lol!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    That should be enough for today.
    More can be found here

    ...unless my hand starts to itch again; haha what next huh?
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  14. #14

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    I saw something similar on strobist before..
    hehe.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    So my fingers got itchy and found a candle and...

    #16


    #17


    Pardon me for OOF; was too excited that I didnt realise the lens was on manual mode... argh!

    Then the "expected" happens
    Last edited by cheguthamrin; 27th July 2008 at 06:30 PM.
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  16. #16

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    #18 - My favourite car went over...


    #19 - ...and it hit bull's eye!


    #20 - this conclude the series... my heart skipped a beat!


    Thank you for viewing!
    Last edited by cheguthamrin; 27th July 2008 at 06:32 PM.
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  17. #17

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    Oh sorry, I had 20 more in store;


    Featuring my favourite stunt car - the 1970 Ford Challenger which does wonders... all put up in here
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  18. #18
    Member lennyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by cheguthamrin View Post
    Oh sorry, I had 20 more in store;


    Featuring my favourite stunt car - the 1970 Ford Challenger which does wonders... all put up in here
    Might be tricky since you're using flash, but a bit of motion blur would be nice.

    I had to laugh when I saw the candle flame pics. Hope your cars didn't get damaged. When's the explosions coming?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    Might be tricky since you're using flash, but a bit of motion blur would be nice.

    I had to laugh when I saw the candle flame pics. Hope your cars didn't get damaged. When's the explosions coming?
    A bit of motion blur - thats the initial idea! Now how can I achieve that?
    Candle flame did some small damage to the cars, since there's wax all over the wheels and body. Glad that nothing else catch fire tho'

    No no no... no explosions! But how to make the ring of fire ah?
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  20. #20

    Default Re: Stuntmen Needed

    Very novel series. I like!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •