Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who will insist on buy 2nd lens with box, manual, plastic, foam....

Default Re: Who will insist on buy 2nd lens with box, manual, plastic, foam....

i ever bought a kit lens 4 years old and i'm surprised that the seller kept his lens box in tip top condition like his lens.
    kudos to the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by sanctus View Post
    ...As a buyer, I definitely will prefer a box, if not I just might ask for a lower price.
    That said, I don't see not having the box any reason to ask for a lower price. It does not affect performance or exterior condition of the lens in any given way.

It's a sort of vicious cycle. When I buy equipment off the shelf, I'll hold onto the box in the oft chance that if I do sell the equipment sometime later the buyer wants the box too for whatever reason.

Personally, I don't care for boxes. As long as the thing works, and there's an instruction guide either printed or can be found online, I really don't care.

Why on earth do you need a box? You'll be using the lens not storing it.

Long ago I used to keep boxes too. In good to mint condition.
    One day I got fed up and threw it all away.

I also realised that some second hand dealers tell you your box is worthless when you sell to them.
    But when you buy from them, they make a big deal that the lens comes with original box and maybe charge you more.

There are collectors of fancied cameras made very long ago, who also collect the box. Because there are so few of them left in the world, even the box costs money. The value is that with the box, the camera body set is "complete".

I think a Nikon 1950's rangefinder box cost a sum of money.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123