Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will insist on buy 2nd lens with box, manual, plastic, foam....

Default Who will insist on buy 2nd lens with box, manual, plastic, foam....

Have been meeting ppl who want lens with box.

Price ok then ask got box. NO BOX = NO DEAL!

Last week meet up with one at Clementi and turn away because NO BOX...on the spot!!! I was because he should have ask 1st. Maybe my fault (I assume) because i think everyone here understand 2nd lens will not have any box with it because myself normally do not keep unless is camera.

Today one more guy!! Rational....will be difficult to resell again in future.

Just curious how many of us here will not buy 2nd lens without box and box item like plastic bag, foam etc.

Default Re: Who will insist on buy 2nd lens with box, manual, plastic, foam....

LOL. Yeah, it puzzles me too but I've met many buyers (or almost-became-buyers) who insists on boxes, foams and such.

So do this ppl kept lens in box then in dry-cabinet

Hahaha...joking.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by paesyl View Post

Last week meet up with one at Clementi and turn away because NO BOX...on the spot!!! I was because he should have ask 1st. Maybe my fault (I assume) because i think everyone here understand 2nd lens will not have any box with it because myself normally do not keep unless is camera.

Just curious how many of us here will not buy 2nd lens without box and box item like plastic bag, foam etc.
    they buy for storage one..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

For me, as long as the lens is good then should be ok, box will be bonus if have ..if dont have also never mind as not going to mount the box to camera mah haha!! or just pass them DHL 5kg box ..tell them, FOC.. haha!

tell them if they want box can. go to the shop to buy the box loh.. the box maybe cost few hundred more than then used lens.

Blog Entries

i normally keep the box and packaging materials
    then when i sell the item, i will repackage the item
    and let the new owner have that new toy experience

open box, remove packaging and take out item

The nikon lens box is gold color mah! Worth a lot to some ppl who can extract the gold paint. Ha Ha!!

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post

I like the idea. I believe buyer will be very happy.

But the worst nightmare for seller will be....how is the condition of the 'BOX"!

Member/Tangshooter

okay..now i noe who spoil market..

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    okay..now i noe who spoil market..

He is improving the standard on BnS.

I better make some box for my lens now.

Member/Tangshooter

He is improving the standard on BnS.

I better make some box for my lens now.
    yah..design and make one..i like to have "Carl Zeiss" imprints one..

Use tissue Box then paint gold colour "TADA" a nice box.

Blog Entries

also if you want to sell to 2nd hand shops,
    you get more money if yours came with a box

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Use tissue Box then paint gold colour "TADA" a nice box.
    F.T.W

same for me... the buyer last mintue pull out because no box also...

If buyer want buy 2nd hand lens and still want box.. then maybe go buy 1st first better that one confirm got box one....

Maybe next time I buy cloth I will insist to the shop if the cloth dont have the clear plastic sheet I don't buy.... lolz....

If everyone follows this, most buyers would be happy!

I believe this is a good practice to follow. Although if you have 56821 lenes, then I guess keeping the boxes for each of them is gonna be *omg*

Quote Originally Posted by -DeeK- View Post
    If everyone follows this, most buyers would be happy!

I believe this is a good practice to follow. Although if you have 56821 lenes, then I guess keeping the boxes for each of them is gonna be *omg*

Then wife will come shouting why so many empty box..... throw all these stupid box away....

That's just one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

My boxes go straight to the recycling bin. And when I buy 2nd hand lens, as long as the lens is working, who cares.
    Last edited by entropy_h; 25th July 2008 at 04:26 PM.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

maybe TS could have indicate in his WTS thread that no box is included or kit lens so no box ?
    i like my 2nd hand lens with box, just have some sort of value in it even though is just a piece of cardboard.
    but i do use the box to store the lens when not in use.
    of cos if the price is cheaper without the box then why not ?
    Last edited by Simon_84; 25th July 2008 at 04:49 PM.

Wa liao, I buy lenses without boxes leh....., next time you got cheap lenses without box remember to pm me 1st

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast