Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Using MRT seats for your Bag

Default Re: Using MRT seats for your Bag

can check stomp..see any posting there..

Just wondering, what if the photographer left the big bag on the seat and he stood up beside .... do you think that's ok, since he still occupied only 1 seat? (and probably he treated his items more important than himself) ....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Just wondering, what if the photographer left the big bag on the seat and he stood up beside .... do you think that's ok, since he still occupied only 1 seat? (and probably he treated his items more important than himself) ....

Seat on it or loose it. Ethically that is not right to me. And yes I have seen this happen about 3 times. One I know for a fact did not even give it up for some pregnant lady that got on the train. And no...none of them were photographic bags so doubt they were photographers.

Obviously the fella in the train had poor family upbringing or something. So no use scolding this kinda of pple. Best is to use phone cam to take pic or video shoot him, and then give them max exposure online.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Suddenly all the bitching and all that....in his bag is just a PnS.
    No it was a Alpha 700.

Quote Originally Posted by smtan24 View Post
    No it was a Alpha 700.
    Wahsay...you saw it har? heheheh.... Not a bad camera leh...just a bad owner

Maybe he works for a camera brand and is carrying an expensive 1-500mm f1 prototype lens?
    Just kidding...

This fellow is no photographer but a MWC (monkey with camera). Fancy so many people scolding him and he didn't even feel any shame, either his skin is too thick or he is too much of a numbskull to understand what others are saying. Worse if he is a Singaporean as we had years after years of courtesy campaign and still have such monkeys amongst us.
    RICOH GRD I / II / III / IV / GR / GXR

Well, simple solution... although the MRT is a form of public transport, DO NOT forget that there is a set of rules and regulations that passengers have to observe.. Jus tell the guy this. Reason is not to threaten him but simply to remind him. Of course, by doing so does not prove he is guilty, like I said, just a reminder

Rapid Transit Systems Act
    Section 263A, Section 42
    Rapid Transit Systems Regulation

Luggage, etc., prohibited
    7. No person shall bring into or upon any part of the railway premises
    a. any luggage, article or thing which
    iii. cause a nuisance or inconvenience to other persons using the railway premises,
    Maximum Penalty= $500

Passenger not to cause nuisance
    17. No person shall conduct himself on any train or in any part of the railway premises so as to cause a
    nuisance or annoyance to other passengers.
    Maximum Penalty= $500

No it was a Alpha 700.
    this thread is useless w/o pictures

Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    this thread is useless w/o pictures
    even if no pics were presented, such incidents will arise as many own such gears. its not an impossible scenerio. so discussing here may actually help come up with ideas when come face-2-face with such selfish people.

In a number of cities (I've seen it in Sydney and read reports of similar behaviour in the UK) where people deliberately put their bags on the seat next to them to discourage people from sitting next to them. Most will move their bags if asked, but of course there are always the notable few who won't move their bags as they absolutely can't stand any one sitting next to them...

There are so few seats on a MRT train anyway, this sort of behavour would be even more unpleasant. What you need in this situation is an assertive old lady to start hitting him with her hand bang till he gives up his seat :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    even if no pics were presented, such incidents will arise as many own such gears. its not an impossible scenerio. so discussing here may actually help come up with ideas when come face-2-face with such selfish people.
    Agree. Awareness can go a long way. Imagine if such behavior goes undiscussed, some pple might even think its ok and can get away with it anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    there are always the notable few who won't move their bags as they absolutely can't stand any one sitting next to them...

There are so few seats on a MRT train anyway, this sort of behavour would be even more unpleasant. What you need in this situation is an assertive old lady to start hitting him with her hand bang till he gives up his seat :-)
    those people should ride a cab... & violence by any1, any gender, any age should not be the way to go. even if that granny is a gangster!

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Agree. Awareness can go a long way. Imagine if such behavior goes undiscussed, some pple might even think its ok and can get away with it anytime.
    i am not alone.
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 27th July 2008 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    In a number of cities (I've seen it in Sydney and read reports of similar behaviour in the UK) where people deliberately put their bags on the seat next to them to discourage people from sitting next to them. Most will move their bags if asked, but of course there are always the notable few who won't move their bags as they absolutely can't stand any one sitting next to them...

did they bring back two bags and put on each side?

Quote Originally Posted by TuTu_CaR View Post
    Hey that's the guy I saw. Got on the train at Yio Chu Kang MRT.

I hope he can't go to the toilet
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Hey that's the guy I saw. Got on the train at Yio Chu Kang MRT.
    I use an A700... And live in YCK. But I can tell you it's not me!

Plus, the A700 is a pretty tough little camera.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by TuTu_CaR View Post
    Hmm ... wonder if any of the Sony users know him? I'm sure they don't one on bad apple rotting the entire name of Sony users.

Sides, at least now we know what he looks like from the side, his haversack and large medium tan tripod bag!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast