Thread: Where to fix digital cameras cheaply?

Default Where to fix digital cameras cheaply?

Hi hope im not posting in the wrong thread but here goes:

As stated. I've got an old Canon Powershot A80 and a Samsung Digimax S600 that don't seem to be working already. I think the Samsung's out of warranty, while the Canon is definitely out of warranty, so i don't intend to go to the respective service centers. Any recommendations? And do let me know if u know roughly how much they would charge.

Hmm on a side note, I have a Pentax SLR lens that seems to be mouldy from the inside also, i.e i cant seem to rub it away. anywhere to recommend to fix it?

Haha i really seem like i dont take care of my cameras much. Sigh.

Default Re: Where to fix digital cameras cheaply?

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsam View Post
    Hi hope im not posting in the wrong thread but here goes:

As stated. I've got an old Canon Powershot A80 and a Samsung Digimax S600 that don't seem to be working already. I think the Samsung's out of warranty, while the Canon is definitely out of warranty, so i don't intend to go to the respective service centers. Any recommendations? And do let me know if u know roughly how much they would charge.

Hmm on a side note, I have a Pentax SLR lens that seems to be mouldy from the inside also, i.e i cant seem to rub it away. anywhere to recommend to fix it?

Haha i really seem like i dont take care of my cameras much. Sigh.
    For the SLR lens, look for fatique in CS. For the other Digicams, you can ask if he is able to fix too.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Hi felix, thanks for the recommendation, I've sent fatigue a PM but he hasn't got back to me. Are there any other possible sources anyone could recommend as well?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsam View Post
    Hi felix, thanks for the recommendation, I've sent fatigue a PM but he hasn't got back to me. Are there any other possible sources anyone could recommend as well?

thanks!
    Try TCW at Peninsula Shopping Centre. Look for Daniel. 63361956
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

TCW alright. shall make a trip down when im free. thanks.