Thread: Cameron Highlands

Default Cameron Highlands

Plan a trip to cameron highlands, anyone know how long will the coach journel take?

Not sure if to take night coach or day coach...

also, anyone been there recently? which company coach you take?

Default Re: Cameron Highlands

Quote Originally Posted by centrino View Post
    Plan a trip to cameron highlands, anyone know how long will the coach journel take?

Not sure if to take night coach or day coach...

also, anyone been there recently? which company coach you take?
    Years back i went, i took those coach at Beach Road and the journey is about 11+ hours i think, cant really remember liao but i am sure it more than 10 hours.

Take night coach will be better as when you reach there is about morning time liao. Cos the way up to the highlands is kind of steep and narrow with lot of turns
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

I drove there about 2 years ago. Took me 9 hours from home. Coach will probably take longer so I think better take night coach unless you're going to have a problem getting enough sleep on board. The last part of the journey is very winding and is uphill. It will take about 1.5 hours.

Where will you be staying? It's best to go over a weekend as that is when there is the most happening. There's a market of sorts next to the Equatorial hotel. Most stalls open only during weekends, especially on Saturdays. You can find almost everything that Cameron Highlands can offer there.

Visit one of the Boh Tea factories there too - it's quite interesting. Is your trip a guided tour type or free & easy?

As for food, do try the steamboat & tandori chicken. I suggest you go to the restaurants in Tanah Merah rather than Brinchang.

Quote Originally Posted by kietgnoel View Post
    Visit one of the Boh Tea factories there too - it's quite interesting. Is your trip a guided tour type or free & easy?

As for food, do try the steamboat & tandori chicken. I suggest you go to the restaurants in Tanah Merah rather than Brinchang.
    yes... the Boh Tea plantation/factory is a nice place to go. the tea making tour is not the highlight. but what i liked about this place is... sipping tea and eating pastries in the cool highland air and overlooking a wide area of greeneries (read tea shrubs).

and oh... it's Tanah Rata and not Tanah Merah.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

the Konsortium bus company has coach that leaves Golden Mile Tower (not Complex) about 10 pm and arrive at Tanah Rata, Cameron Highlands about 7-8 am. Coming back is about 10 am from Tanah Rata, arrive Singapore 7-8 pm, depending on how many stops (including lunch) the driver makes. Around Tanah Rata got quite a few jungle trails to hike and find birds/insects. Otherwise can go the farms, plantations etc.... http://www.cameronhighlandsresort.co...ies/trails.htm /

See http://www.konsortium.com.sg/details.php?pid=27
    Last edited by budak; 25th July 2008 at 07:34 PM.