Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

  1. #1

    Default BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

    Hi all fellow photogs! The Annual BornFire event is here again!! Pls go to the attached link to get more information on the upcoming events!! Don't miss the chance to capture both local & foreign fire-twirling groups in action!!

    http://www.bornfire.com.sg/program.htm

    Broad timeline:

    Bornfire preview on 1 Aug 08, 1900hrs @ Far East Plaza.

    Bornfire Opening Festival on 15 Aug 08, 2330hrs @ Zouk Club (admission applies).

    Bornfire Workshops between 16 - 20 Aug 08 @ various locations.

    Bornfire Performance on 23 Aug 08, 1900hrs @ Kreta Ayer.

    Bornfire Closing Festival on 24 Aug 08, 2000hrs @ Tanjong Beach.

    Rgds,
    Lobinhoot.
    Last edited by lobinhoot; 24th July 2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Title amendment
    There are no bad photographers, just bad photographs. =)
    www.flickr.com/photos/lobinhoot/

  2. #2
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

    Quote Originally Posted by lobinhoot View Post
    Hi all fellow photogs! The Annual BornFire event is here again!! Pls go to the attached link to get more information on the upcoming events!! Don't miss the chance to capture both local & foreign fire-twirling groups in action!!

    http://www.bornfire.com.sg/program.htm

    Broad timeline:

    Bornfire preview on 1 Aug 08, 1900hrs @ Far East Plaza.

    Bornfire Opening Festival on 15 Aug 08, 2330hrs @ Zouk Club (admission applies).

    Bornfire Workshops between 16 - 20 Aug 08 @ various locations.

    Bornfire Performance on 23 Aug 08, 1900hrs @ Kreta Ayer.

    Bornfire Closing Festival on 24 Aug 08, 2000hrs @ Tanjong Beach.

    Rgds,
    Lobinhoot.
    Bro, thanks for the info....I am waiting for this annually....last years one powerful....Is the international group involved...Contact you soon.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  3. #3
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

    wah looks very interesting!

  4. #4

    Default Re: BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

    Hi Guys!

    Just to add to Lobin Hoot's comments:

    Bornfire is an annual event held in Singapore for everyone to visit and participate. This festival is also South East Asia's first fire festival which aims to combine music, threatre, dance and the exciting element of FIRE together! This year for the first time we will also be collaborating with Singapore National Day Parade 2008 (A nation in celebration).

    Bornfire2008 will run for 10 days starting from August 15th 24th at various venues including Kreta Ayer (Chinatown) and Sentosa. Some of the things that audiences can expect, are amazing fire shows involving circus acts, UV (ultraviolet glow) spinning and workshops where anyone can pick up some cool skills! this year's theme is ethicity and artists will be moulding their performances into this with their movements as well as their costumes.

    DO come down to the August 1st's Preview show for a taste of whats to come!!!!

    Regards,
    Sean H.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio & Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

    nice performance from Far East Plaza just now

    but still not enough le must perform longer =)
    Best of Best Masterpiece

  6. #6

    Default Re: BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

    Thanks for coming!
    i am so glad that you had exnjoyed the show...
    yes i do hope that we could have done something longer to please the eyes of the many onlookers but its a preview show...
    ...so i do hope this wets your tastebuds on the 23rd august show when there will be more fire acts!!!

    Regards,
    Sean H.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio & Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

    Quote Originally Posted by seanjavu View Post
    Thanks for coming!
    i am so glad that you had exnjoyed the show...
    yes i do hope that we could have done something longer to please the eyes of the many onlookers but its a preview show...
    ...so i do hope this wets your tastebuds on the 23rd august show when there will be more fire acts!!!

    Regards,
    Sean H.
    yeah i enjoy that alot at the same time snapped some pictures during the performance. By the way on 23 aug. at chinatown which location??? Will go down support again =)
    Best of Best Masterpiece

  8. #8

    Default Re: BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

    Hey there!
    yey! we have a supporter! Great News for the rest of the artists!
    we will be at Kreta Ayer CC closer to outram park and tanjong pager area...
    Let me know if you are still unsure cos i will probably want t go down and have a look see as well.... never been there before...
    should have better directions once i have visited :P

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio & Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

    Quote Originally Posted by seanjavu View Post
    Hey there!
    yey! we have a supporter! Great News for the rest of the artists!
    we will be at Kreta Ayer CC closer to outram park and tanjong pager area...
    Let me know if you are still unsure cos i will probably want t go down and have a look see as well.... never been there before...
    should have better directions once i have visited :P
    okok thanks for the info. see u on 23 aug
    Best of Best Masterpiece

  10. #10

    Default Re: BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

    Hey Kenzo...
    Bornfire2008 will be held at the Singapore Fireworks Festival on 22nd August. On 23rd August, one group will be at Singapore Fireworks Festival and the other group at Kreta Ayer.

    However do note that there's an admission charge to the Fireworks Festival. Am not sure how much it is... could be $18.


    Hope to catch you at the performances!

    Xyn
    www.bornfire.com.sg

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio & Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

    Quote Originally Posted by xynlyn View Post
    Hey Kenzo...
    Bornfire2008 will be held at the Singapore Fireworks Festival on 22nd August. On 23rd August, one group will be at Singapore Fireworks Festival and the other group at Kreta Ayer.

    However do note that there's an admission charge to the Fireworks Festival. Am not sure how much it is... could be $18.


    Hope to catch you at the performances!

    Xyn
    www.bornfire.com.sg

    okok thanks for yur info. i think i will at Kreta Ayer there on 23 Aug. =)
    Best of Best Masterpiece

  12. #12

    Default Re: BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

    hi ALL,

    i hope this helps!

    Locations in which we are performing using google maps:

    15th August:
    Zouk
    google map location: Zouk, Jiak Kim St @1.290631,103.834839

    22nd and 23rd august:
    Singapore fireworks festival (tickets needed)
    google map location: Raffles Ave @1.289650, 103.858990

    23rd august:
    kreta ayer open space (NOT Community centre!!!)
    google map location: Trengganu St @1.281800, 103.843680

    24th august:
    KM8 in sentosa tanjong beach
    google map location: KM8 @1.243299,103.827873

    regards,
    sean H.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio & Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: BornFire 2008 - Setting the night ablaze!

    Quote Originally Posted by seanjavu View Post
    hi ALL,

    i hope this helps!

    Locations in which we are performing using google maps:

    15th August:
    Zouk
    google map location: Zouk, Jiak Kim St @1.290631,103.834839

    22nd and 23rd august:
    Singapore fireworks festival (tickets needed)
    google map location: Raffles Ave @1.289650, 103.858990

    23rd august:
    kreta ayer open space (NOT Community centre!!!)
    google map location: Trengganu St @1.281800, 103.843680

    24th august:
    KM8 in sentosa tanjong beach
    google map location: KM8 @1.243299,103.827873

    regards,
    sean H.
    thanks for yur information hardworking guy man =)
    Best of Best Masterpiece

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •