Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some People are RUDE RUDE RUDE

Default Re: Some People are RUDE RUDE RUDE

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Eh? Phone camera sensor too noisy at high ISO right? Must cannabalise the sensor from D3 or 1D MkII and put into your phone first.
    must have sony night vision then can... no night vision no talk...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

If someone's doing something that's irritating you, or pissing you off, just tell him or her. I don't see the point of sitting there quietly expecting that person to read your mind and stop what he or she is doing.

By not telling that person off, you're actually encouraging that person to do it. Singaporeans just need to be told off every now and then. Most of them dislike confrontations and will stop doing something as long as they are told to.

Stand up for your rights, it's as simple as that. No point coming here to whine afterwards.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

I believe in asking, nicely. Then I'll ask again, nicely, but firmly, then if that doesn't work, I'll weigh the costs of taking further action ... no, not something violent like wacking verbally or otherwise, but just call security in.

Usually, it never gets past the first or second asking.

I have had instances in mob-like crowds where push came to shove, and have been physically challenged. More often than not, still not worth dirtying my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    must have sony night vision then can... no night vision no talk...
    Got X-Ray vision or not?

I believe in asking, nicely. Then I'll ask again, nicely, but firmly, then if that doesn't work, I'll weigh the costs of taking further action ... no, not something violent like wacking verbally or otherwise, but just call security in.

Usually, it never gets past the first or second asking.

I have had instances in mob-like crowds where push came to shove, and have been physically challenged. More often than not, still not worth dirtying my hands.
    Agreed. I would say 8 out of 10 times asking nicely works. The other 2 out of 10 times, well, it can't be helped. Regardless of what country you're in, there will always be people like that; this is not endemic to Singapore.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Eh? Phone camera sensor too noisy at high ISO right? Must cannabalise the sensor from D3 or 1D MkII and put into your phone first.
    image quality agak-agak can liao, as long as the voices can be clearly heard. unless that punk got a twin. tot some got night mode?

back to topic, if i alone were in such a situation & there were 5 punks. hmmm... bad luck?

ooh, cinemas per se dun have security guard wan... it'll be the building's security. if they can be depended to arrive on scene on time...

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    its not better off if you're seating behind him either!!!

yao ming u meant?
    LOL

my bad its yao ming :P

Not just the back seat kickers are irritaing, there are the cinema lovers busy making out infront of you blocking your view, the patrons that cannot stop going to toilet, or checking their phone for messages during the show, or idiots who cannot switch their phone off, or stop talking, people who lean over to your side of the seat, people who keeps salted fish as pets in their shoes, the super loud munchers, the sick who cannot stop sniffing/blowing their nose/or trying to suck their nose inwards throughout the entire show.

So i Still choose Gold class, if i do go to the cinema

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    LOL

Not just the back seat kickers are irritaing, there are the cinema lovers busy making out infront of you blocking your view, the patrons that cannot stop going to toilet, or checking their phone for messages during the show, or idiots who cannot switch their phone off, or stop talking, people who lean over to your side of the seat, people who keeps salted fish as pets in their shoes, the super loud munchers, the sick who cannot stop sniffing/blowing their nose/or trying to suck their nose inwards throughout the entire show.

I tell you what's the worst. A guy who brings his extremely dumb girlfriend along for a movie. The movie is not even hard to understand to begin with: simple plot, everything is straightforward, or relatively straightforward.

All she does is keep asking him: "What happened here? Why did that happen? Who is she? Why is he on fire? Why is the sky blue? Why is that man a man and not a woman? Where are they now? Who is that person? Why is he evil and not good?"

Cinemas should do a quick check to disallow bimbos from watching movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Patryk View Post
    I won't say it's a Singaporean thing, coz I'm certain other countries also have people who are real jacka**es.. but why can't people just be half-decent and at least think of the people next to them?

Reason for rant:

Was watching The Dark Knight yesterday night at PS... pretty good movie, still held my attention well half and hour in. Then for the next 2hrs or so, some guy with his gf kept PRODDING my seat with his knees or legs or whatever. I didn't see what he was doing but I was pretty sure he was doing that knee/leg thing ppl do in bus seats which I find SERIOUSLY ANNOYING - seats in PS have more than enough legroom for you to sit comfortably without having to touch the seat infront. Nevermind the bus, but in the MOVIES? FOR F*%& SAKE MAN I too paid the same as you to have a comfortable seat to enjoy the movie in, I don't need some clown trying to get extra comfy with his legs pushing up all over the back of my seat.

I turned around twice to look at him, and he STILL KEPT DOING IT. WHAT THE **** LAH. I was so annoyed halfway in that I was barely concentrating in the movie. All the movement in my back was just so distracting....

Last half hour of the movie i finally turned and raised my hand and gestured the 'What the **** are you doing' palm (not the middle finger ). ONLY THEN did the bugger stop. So what I ended up with is just being annoyed, having barely enjoyed the movie.

Seriously what is wrong with these people? Have they no decency, or the basic human skill of empathy, to realize how annoying that thing is to a person?

I have experienced many other situations, but this one just takes the cake.. so yeah sorry for the rant, but had to really vent my fustration somewhere...
    you should have whipped out your pencil and tell him i'm gonna do a magic trick.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    LOL

actually all these no match for 1 kind...

The one who keep trying to give spoilers... like...

"Wait u see later the ghost will pop out" "Neh neh, i tell u liao..." "Later u see her walk to the door and then u hear ppl scream" "See... aiya tell u scary liao rite..."

I always hope i got a silencer with me for this kinda situation...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Agreed. I would say 8 out of 10 times asking nicely works. The other 2 out of 10 times, well, it can't be helped. Regardless of what country you're in, there will always be people like that; this is not endemic to Singapore.
    Actually I don't know why there is so much pent-up animosity.

I know we love to bitch about all those tissue paper chope executives and the ugly Singaporean and so on, but generally, more often than not, people will respond in an ok manner because for the most part, they're not aware of how irritating their behavior can be or they just have to be reminded. And for others, you just have to be firm.

If push comes to shove and you're shoved into an absolute dead-end, well, that's a different situation entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    actually all these no match for 1 kind...

The one who keep trying to give spoilers... like...

"Wait u see later the ghost will pop out" "Neh neh, i tell u liao..." "Later u see her walk to the door and then u hear ppl scream" "See... aiya tell u scary liao rite..."

I always hope i got a silencer with me for this kinda situation...

A knife, used correctly, is usually very silent.

Either that, or act very effeminate.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 24th July 2008 at 12:16 AM.

I tell you what's the worst. A guy who brings his extremely dumb girlfriend along for a movie. The movie is not even hard to understand to begin with: simple plot, everything is straightforward, or relatively straightforward.

All she does is keep asking him: "What happened here? Why did that happen? Who is she? Why is he on fire? Why is the sky blue? Why is that man a man and not a woman? Where are they now? Who is that person? Why is he evil and not good?"

If you turn to one side a bit, you can see the sheer agony on the guy's face!

This is usually enough consolation for me!

HEY! I just bought a bimbo to the show last week!!!

I wanted to slap her. but I told her to shut up instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    you should have whipped out your pencil and tell him i'm gonna do a magic trick.
    may i recommend needles? smaller & cheaper!

tell them you're new so it may hurt "abit"....

Then you must know how to use CHARM and BEO them. Serious. They speak a different language.

Eh? What happened to your post about ah-lians?
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 24th July 2008 at 12:07 AM.

Then you must know how to use CHARM and BEO them. Serious. They speak a different language.

Eh? What happened to your post about ah-lians?
    delete ler... that time (many donkey yrs back), i was young, innocent & outnumbered mah.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    delete ler... that time (many donkey yrs back), i was young, innocent & outnumbered mah.
    Too many ah-lians ah? That sounds like a potential orgy!

Yeah, they can be as bad, if not worse than their male counter-parts.

Have you ever seen girls fight? It's really vicious.

Too many ah-lians ah? That sounds like a potential orgy!

Yeah, they can be as bad, if not worse than their male counter-parts.

Have you ever seen girls fight? It's really vicious.
    potential orgy? that'd be a life changing experience for me arh... would have become some other type of EyEz liao...

WWE? miao ... cannot la, how will i answer my mum wad happened if uniform torn into shreds...
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 24th July 2008 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    may i recommend needles? smaller & cheaper!

tell them you're new so it may hurt "abit"....
    pinhead?!
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast