Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoe for Water Sport

Default Re: Shoe for Water Sport

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh View Post
    Wear lor...
    wear lor? hahahahahahah... aiyo...well you can't get anymore general then that!.. Activities lah!!! heheh

Anyway...it's mute. YOu already got what you needed. Happy "wearing" them then

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    wear lor? hahahahahahah... aiyo...well you can't get anymore general then that!.. Activities lah!!! heheh

Anyway...it's mute. YOu already got what you needed. Happy "wearing" them then
    Experience during Photoaid has taught me not to disclose too much to you... if not who know what you might be doing

Experience during Photoaid has taught me not to disclose too much to you... if not who know what you might be doing
    hahahah not that bad lah...me a shoe man and a fan of sport sandals and shoes...I was just pinpointing what type might suit you mah! chey! hehehhe... I semi-retire DI doodler already lah heheheheh

hahahah not that bad lah...me a shoe man and a fan of sport sandals and shoes...I was just pinpointing what type might suit you mah! chey! hehehhe... I semi-retire DI doodler already lah heheheheh
    Who knows what will trigger you to come back

Who knows what will trigger you to come back

so any good suggestions?

Techamphibian, used to be called Amphibian from Salomon.
    Check it out online.
    Have been using for both land/water sports.
    Quick-dry, very airy and tolerant.
    a700 + F56AM + 50mm/f1.7 + 17-50mm/f2.8 + 90mm/f2.8 + 75-300mm
    flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    so any good suggestions?
    You have to be specific with what water sports you referring to? There are many kind of shoes for water sports too.

You have to be specific with what water sports you referring to? There are many kind of shoes for water sports too.
    it's actually for my daddie who always go to wet market.... so we are looking for a pair of shoes he can wear regularly and yet go to the wet market... just so we don't have to worry about him slipping!! esp when it just happened.

it's actually for my daddie who always go to wet market.... so we are looking for a pair of shoes he can wear regularly and yet go to the wet market... just so we don't have to worry about him slipping!! esp when it just happened.
    You don't need water sport shoes for that. In fact some water sport shoes will still or make it easier to slip. Trust me..I know and learnt it the hard way.. You should choose a shoe that will counter that at the wet market itself as what flooring it uses will hamper stability and grip. I have a pair of sport and water sandal that cost me a pretty penny and it has difference rubber type on the sole so that if one type don't grip well, the other one would or even the special pattern of the sole cutting to further help grip.. well with what I paid... I still slip twice at a wet market and even on certain overly smooth cement flooring at a HDB estate that is filled with old people waking about. I have to walk as slow as them to keep from slipping. Seem the cheap saddle with the hard plastic was the best!!!! and it cost only a few bucks!! heheheh...

So take note of what kind of surface the wet market uses and the areas aound it. It will help you buy not the best but the more suited for that kind of flooring.

You don't need water sport shoes for that. In fact some water sport shoes will still or make it easier to slip. Trust me..I know and learnt it the hard way.. You should choose a shoe that will counter that at the wet market itself as what flooring it uses will hamper stability and grip. I have a pair of sport and water sandal that cost me a pretty penny and it has difference rubber type on the sole so that if one type don't grip well, the other one would or even the special pattern of the sole cutting to further help grip.. well with what I paid... I still slip twice at a wet market and even on certain overly smooth cement flooring at a HDB estate that is filled with old people waking about. I have to walk as slow as them to keep from slipping. Seem the cheap saddle with the hard plastic was the best!!!! and it cost only a few bucks!! heheheh...

So take note of what kind of surface the wet market uses and the areas aound it. It will help you buy not the best but the more suited for that kind of flooring.

okie i need a pair of shoes... that would allow him to go out and meet clients and oso walk on wet cement floor. Got any suggestions?

Maybe i can go down to the store and get more information tomorrow?

okie i need a pair of shoes... that would allow him to go out and meet clients and oso walk on wet cement floor. Got any suggestions?

Maybe i can go down to the store and get more information tomorrow?
    There is one shoe I know that has never let me done but which model will depend on what styling you looking at or he likes.. Dr Martens. Historically it is a UK shoe company that makes safety shoes but it took on a new wave liking by the 80s Punk scene and the world caught fire with them after that... I am a fan of those shoes for decades. The rubber they use instead of the typicla leather sole makes it very grippy and even in some oil type puddles it still holds well. And being a leather top..it still looks presentable when visiting clients. You might look at those too instead of water sport shoes which might not look too pro. As I seldom see clients I wear that ot work everyday...wear that with jeans and alot of officewear people will think you are some cheap china workers walking among them heheh.... But then again ..I like being invisible.

There is one shoe I know that has never let me done but which model will depend on what styling you looking at or he likes.. Dr Martens. Historically it is a UK shoe company that makes safety shoes but it took on a new wave liking by the 80s Punk scene and the world caught fire with them after that... I am a fan of those shoes for decades. The rubber they use instead of the typicla leather sole makes it very grippy and even in some oil type puddles it still holds well. And being a leather top..it still looks presentable when visiting clients. You might look at those too instead of water sport shoes which might not look too pro. As I seldom see clients I wear that ot work everyday...wear that with jeans and alot of officewear people will think you are some cheap china workers walking among them heheh.... But then again ..I like being invisible.
    okie i will go and take a look.
    And what about timberland?

okie i will go and take a look.
    And what about timberland?
    That's a good option too...important is the material used to make the sole and the groove cut outs...that are reason why tracking boots have big thick cut out...good grip. A shoe with too thin cutouts and grooves..well ..water flat out on it too much and that means your sole gets more slippery. With the cutout grooves...water has a way to escape so...less slippery.

That's a good option too...important is the material used to make the sole and the groove cut outs...that are reason why tracking boots have big thick cut out...good grip. A shoe with too thin cutouts and grooves..well ..water flat out on it too much and that means your sole gets more slippery. With the cutout grooves...water has a way to escape so...less slippery.
    got it
    Will put it in mind when we go shopping tomorrow thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drewdam View Post
    how about KEEN sandal? solid base with toe protection...
    I like those sandals... but very big size... dun have my size...

Quote Originally Posted by Lubber Duckie View Post
    Techamphibian, used to be called Amphibian from Salomon.
    Check it out online.
    Have been using for both land/water sports.
    Quick-dry, very airy and tolerant.
    Aiyohh... I hear Salomon only, I think $$$$...

Check out this brand http://www.blundstone.com/
    They make workshoes but in many stylish designs, suitable to meet clients.
    I haven't tried this brand but I've used Rossi, another Australian workshoe brand that is very similar in design to Blundstone. The grip is very good, in water, even on oil... no slip.
    I haven't seen Rossi in Singapore (I still want to get a pair of these but will have to go Aus) but I've seen Blundstone in an outdoor supplies shop around Geylang area...
    Sorry, I can't remember the name of the shop and it is not listed on the website... maybe you can write to them to ask where are the distributors in Singapore.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12